Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my 13 year old son

Miss-my-JJ

• Members

Hi, my beautiful son passed away on the 5th November 2010.. My life has been turned upside down and has left me so confused about how I do and should feel.

After having a tearful day yesterday I feel numb today, I can't accept that he has gone. I'm just waiting for him to come back, then we can go home and carry on with our lives.....

His 10 year old sister is coping so well, isn't it amazing how children cope with tragedy...

I could write more but I just wanted to say hello...

Sarah x

• Members

Dear Sarah

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious son. JJ. Your loss is so very recent and I

know how powerful the painful feeling are. You have found a compassionate refuge to escape to Here you will find parents, moms and Dads who know exactly how you feel and are walking the same road only a few months, years ahead.

We all hold out our hands and help each other. When you do return to tell us all about your son please go the "Loss of Adult Child section of this Board. It is right under you current posting. Click on "Add Reply" and post there You will be connected to more parents who will respond and surround you with warmth and unde,rstanding.

I lost my only son Stephen 3 years ago and Coming here reading and posting have saved my sanity When you get a chance please post a picture of JJ so we can all get to know him

So very sorry to hear of your pain.

• Members

Hello Sarah - I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet son, so young......I have been where you are...so early on this journey it is hard to deal with anything but your grief. We lost our daughter Jessica, age 26, on Feb 18, 2006...from ARVD (sudden death)..she left behind a 4 year old son named Tavian who is 8 now and my husband and I have full custody of him. Yes, it is amazing how the young children can cope with the loss....Tavian was so young and did very well but as time went by he began to show signs of his loss of his mommy - anger, saddenss, afraid to leave my side....please be watchful of your daughter for signs that she may not be coping as well as you think. I hope that you join us at "loss of an adult child" - it is the place that saved my life many times, there are many on the site who can and will help you....Some of us have been there for a while and many are new to the site, none of us want to be there but thank GOD each day that we have found each other. Losing a child is the worst that can happen to anyone and the pain will never go away but it will become softer.....for you right now you can see nothing ahead but pain and the "I want my son back" - I understand as many do and you will find that if you choose too. May God Bless you and your family...Kathy

• Members

Sarah,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your of your son, JJ. I'm glad you found your way here but am so sorry for your reason for being here. Both Betty and Kathy have said it so well; this place is one of loving, kind, people who will always listen. I just lost my son Shawn, Sept. 9th, in a motorcycle accident. Though we all have lost our children in different ways, we all know the incredible grief you feel.

I hope you do find your way back here and please join us in the "loss of adult child" forum here as Betty and Kathy have also suggested. Though it's label suggests differently, you'll find parents who have lost children of all ages. Though we all will welcome you sadly, we welcome you to come share your son with us. {{Hugs}}

<3 and prayers Karen

• Members

Hi, my beautiful son passed away on the 5th November 2010.. My life has been turned upside down and has left me so confused about how I do and should feel.

After having a tearful day yesterday I feel numb today, I can't accept that he has gone. I'm just waiting for him to come back, then we can go home and carry on with our lives.....

His 10 year old sister is coping so well, isn't it amazing how children cope with tragedy...

I could write more but I just wanted to say hello...

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to our warm, wonderful community. I am so very sorry about your loss. You have come to the right place for encouragement and support. Feel free to come and talk as much as you want or as little. We'd love to hear your story when you are ready.

ModKonnie

• Members

Hello SaraH: I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful son, JJ. You have come to a good place where you will find comfort, understanding, and a place to help you heal. Right now you are feeling such incredible pain it is difficult to see beyond the next moment or the next breath. We will help you to do that, over time. We all understand your grief and are able to hear you when you cry out. As others have mentioned, please join us on Loss of Adult Child...we have many there whose child was not an "adult," but the loss of a child is so difficult for a parent, that the age doesn't really matter. We hope to hear more about your son, when you can. I lost my son Mike, on Oct 14, 2006, at the age of 31. He left behind three young boys, at the time almost 2, and 9 and 10 years old. We are in touch with them all the time and I do believe that it helps both them and us in our healing.

love and prayers,

carol mikesmomrs

• Members

Thank you all for your warm welcome, I will write my story soon but right now thinking too much about him and what happened hurts too much.

Sarah x

• Members

I cannot even imagine what youmust be going through. what you have gone through, don't give up hope, try tobe strong, I know its easier said than done. It's something many fear, mosthave been touched by, and all will one day experience. We shall always pray forhis eternal rest in the hands of God.

http://www.GriefOut.com

Providing a Helping Hand to Grieving Hearts

Ruby L. Taylor, M.S.W., Founder

Archived