Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Miss You Pele

kwood0015

• Members

My Pele 

i remember the day we met you for the first time at the ACC in San Francisco, you were a year old, black male cat and everyone kept passing you by even after meowing at them - then we came by and sat next to your cage and I remember you practically talking to us with your meows and then when we got introduced you sat in Ross’ lap - we knew right then you were combing home with us that night.

You been such a good boy every single day...for 16years after that day we first met.. always talking to us, greeting and following us, wanting to play, being so nice all the time.  You helped us from cross country moves, job changes, coping with sick family members, some occasional hard times at home....always with you sweet demeanor and purrs to remind us that everything will be ok.

Even when you were diagnosed with lymphoma and I was crying you meowed, purred and comforted me, selflessly taking care of me even though you were the one that was sick...you were so good taking your meds for several months, again purring and meowing to say hello despite knowing pills were coming next.

As hard as it was for you I will never forget your last week, I knew things weren’t right when you weren’t eating and even though a three day hospital stay was awful for you you were charming the staff, meowing and purring..we were so happy to see you during visitors hours and were so excited when they told us we could bring you home. 

When you didn’t eat and hid after coming home we knew it was time, and knew you were telling us...and when we no longer heard your sweet purrs (even though we could tell you were trying) we knew what you wanted, and wanted you to suffer no longer.  

I will always remember our goodbye along with all the great memories with you my angel.  May you be happy, healthy and purring and meowing with all the other angels.  You were such a good boy, and truly one of a kind

I will always love you Pele, you will be greatly missed and in my heart forever.  Rest In Peace my little pumpkin 

216786C0-93E7-4CB7-8735-A03449E65E67.jpeg

• Members

Your story brought me to tears.  The words you wrote brought so many emotions of mine out.  I am so sorry you had to lose such a sweet kitty.  Pele sounds like he was so loved and gave as much love as he could give back.  When he went to heaven all of his pain vanished.    He is at peace now.  Watching down on you and your family.  I like to believe they become our angels.  It’s hard for me to write this right now, I am thinking of my baby I just lost, she was the sweetest kitty I knew.  I’ll never stop loving her or thinking of her.  I also hope our kitties are in heaven together keeping eachother company until we meet them again.

• Members

It is sad to lose a furbaby. What kind of lymphoma was it. I read there was alot of kinds. My cat had intestinal lymphoma it was breaking to put her to rest. I couldn't be in the room when they did that because I rather remember her alive. 

• Moderators

Your sweet Pele, I don't know why people bypass black cats but I'm glad you didn't...I had one once, we named him Midnight.  A neighbor set a trap on our property and we searched for him all over our acreage and couldn't find him, by the time he pulled free of the trap, gangrene had set in and he had to be put down, but we gave him a can of salmon first, and it was so hard...my daughter was seven and very attached to him, he was only two when this happened.  Your cat reminds me of him, wonderful purring cat also, loved laps.

Your post touched me also, I can tell he is loved, I'm glad he got a much longer life than our Midnight did.  Always you will miss him, but I believe wholeheartedly we'll be with them again, another time and place when there will be no more goodbyes, no more cancer.

• Members

Thanks Bs28 :-). Really appreciate such kind words and your understanding- and think our little ones are playing and having fun together :-). 

18 hours ago, Bs28 said:

Your story brought me to tears.  The words you wrote brought so many emotions of mine out.  I am so sorry you had to lose such a sweet kitty.  Pele sounds like he was so loved and gave as much love as he could give back.  When he went to heaven all of his pain vanished.    He is at peace now.  Watching down on you and your family.  I like to believe they become our angels.  It’s hard for me to write this right now, I am thinking of my baby I just lost, she was the sweetest kitty I knew.  I’ll never stop loving her or thinking of her.  I also hope our kitties are in heaven together keeping eachother company until we meet them again.

• Members
11 hours ago, KayC said:

Your sweet Pele, I don't know why people bypass black cats but I'm glad you didn't...I had one once, we named him Midnight.  A neighbor set a trap on our property and we searched for him all over our acreage and couldn't find him, by the time he pulled free of the trap, gangrene had set in and he had to be put down, but we gave him a can of salmon first, and it was so hard...my daughter was seven and very attached to him, he was only two when this happened.  Your cat reminds me of him, wonderful purring cat also, loved laps.

Your post touched me also, I can tell he is loved, I'm glad he got a much longer life than our Midnight did.  Always you will miss him, but I believe wholeheartedly we'll be with them again, another time and place when there will be no more goodbyes, no more cancer.

Thanks KayC - I’m so sorry to hear about your Midnight- he sounded like such a good boy, and sounds like he was loved and missed too :-) I hope they’re playing together in heaven <3

• Members
12 hours ago, Rissy said:

It is sad to lose a furbaby. What kind of lymphoma was it. I read there was alot of kinds. My cat had intestinal lymphoma it was breaking to put her to rest. I couldn't be in the room when they did that because I rather remember her alive. 

Hi Rissy 

So sorry to hear about your kitty - pele ended up passing from liver failure caused by lymphoma- poor guy.  Totally know what you mean about leaving the room, was a tough choice but ultimately decided to stay which for me was good way to get some closure and say goodbye 

• Members

I found reading about your wonderful cat Pele very moving, thankyou so much for posting it. 

Archived