Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my beloved Melody

Rissy

• Members

I lost my cat yesterday to intestinal lymphoma. It got worst sadly we thought at first it was constipation because x-ray showed a lot of stool then a month later she got worst I thought she needed another enema but it turn out it was cancer I was sad she went from 10 pounds to 8. I had to make a tough decision and put her to sleep. I love her so much she shared a bond with me and her cat friend they were like sisters even though not related. Even though I have my other cat I am still depressed. Melody was talkative and slept near me. My other cat isn't talkative like her. Melody always like to bug me alot and I won't get to see her doing cute paw sucking cause it was unique to see. I had her for 11 years. I hope that she is heaven waiting for me and I sometimes think these thoughts I can't wait to pass away to meet my cat it hurts so much. How can I stop hurting

• Members

I just lost my Pele and it hurts like hell. Your melody and my Pele sound like kindered spirits - I hope they’re playing together now :-) I know what you mean about our cats that are still here - my other cat is not like Pele - he’s more quiet and independent- Pele was so fun and was the life of the party - I miss him so much 

• Members

A picture of my precious Melody. I am making a magnet out of the pictures I have. I wish I did more videos I only have one video of her cute meows

1532388183899.jpg

• Moderators

Rissy,

I am so sorry you lost your beloved Melody.  What a neat idea to make refrigerator magnets of her pictures, I'd never thought of that!  I'm glad you have a video of her.  She looks very sweet.  I'm so sorry she had cancer, horrid disease!

• Members

I am so sorry to hear about Melody. I wish I could say something that would take away your pain. I had 2 cats I got at 19 - siblings and they both got lymphoma. One went earlier than the other.

It is just so hard to lose a sweet innocent kitty, but at least she was with you and not alone. You gave her a good life. I focused on that and it helped me. 

Archived