Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My 4 month old puppy died last night

Brookemorgannn

• Members
Brookemorgannn

I don’t think I’ll ever be okay. I’ve never felt pain like this. My 4 month old mini dachshund got parvo, I took her to the vet. They gave me some medication  it didn’t work. She was crying and moaning in pain. She was trying to move but couldn’t. I’ve never felt so much pain in my life. She took her last breath and I tried doing cpr. I started to hyperventilate and throw up. This is number 6 out of 6. Now all 6 of my other dogs are getting sick. I am treating them but I can’t lose anymore. It all could of been prevented if I just got there vaccinations. I hate myself. Black white and tan is the one who passed. 

6A8E6E58-24AD-4400-AB09-DADCE53CBFE6.jpeg

• Moderators

I'm so sorry you lost your puppy, they're beautiful dogs.  It's a hard illness.

• Members
Jack Russell

I am so sorry for your loss they look so gorgeous.  It is so hard when the animals we love die. I do hope the others will be ok.

• Members
Brookemorgannn
6 minutes ago, Jack Russell said:

I am so sorry for your loss they look so gorgeous.  It is so hard when the animals we love die. I do hope the others will be ok.

I pray but the other ones are showing symptoms of it right now. ):

• Members
Jack Russell

How terrible is there not something that can be done.  You must be beside yourself with worry.

• Members

I know that disease if very contagious, but if they are just showing signs, can the vet do anything? I read on one site to make sure to keep them hydrated and nourished. 

Edited to add...I am a firm believer in natural medicine because I know that some of it actually works. Go online and start researching for remedies that you can do to at least "help" until they can get meds. Or maybe it will compliment the meds. I hope everything turns out okay. Not a minute to waste. 

• Members

Oh my gosh this is so awful. I am sorry for your loss I hope the vet can do something now in advance??

• Members
Brookemorgannn

Hopefully, my one boy dog is in the emergency hospital right now, it’s so expensive. It’s 700, I made a go fund me hopefully someone can try helping me save my babies. 

• Moderators

I hope so too...like Cici said, google natural remedies and see if there's something you can do, you haven't much time to act.

Archived