Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I don’t think I’ll ever be the same

Bs28

• Members

Seeing my best friend and baby take her last breath today was the hardest and worst thing I’ve ever experienced.  My love for her will never fade away.  My heart has truly never hurt so bad.  I’ll never get over losing her.  I’m so sad.  I need to write out my feelings or I will go insane.  She was the best kitty in the world and I hope she is in heaven and I pray that I will be reunited with her one day.  I loved her so much and still do.  She was beautiful inside and out.  She was always there for me and made me feel loved.  I hope she’s watching down on me.  Chubas I love u and you will always be in my heart and in my mind.

-Just an update.  I think about her little flops and meows.  She would light up my mood.  I keep thinking of the moment her soul left her body.  It hurts so much.  I know it was the right choice because she was hurting.  I wish I could go back in time and just spend even more time hanging with her.  She got me through so many things.  She had the most beautiful soul.  She was so beautiful,  I’ll never love someone so much.  I wish I could have given her years off of my life.  I pray for her now often.  I’m crying non stop for her.  I wish this was a bad dream.  I wish I could just kiss you again chubs. I love you baby I hope you’re watching down on me.

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. I relate to every word you wrote and to the intensity of your pain. It has been the hardest thing for me too when I lost my two cats, whom have been by my side for 18 years. They died in October 2017 and in April this year and I am struggling to come to terms with this other life without them. My heart goes out to you, the pain is excruciating but you are not going to go insane - please try and read other postings here and you will see how many of us have experienced this huge Loss. Tell us more about your Chubas (I feel like talking about my cats all the time) and send a picture, please. I am sure Chubas is watching over you - we go on loving them and with time you will perhaps feel that this is the way in which we eventually defeat death. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Beatriz said:

I am so sorry for your loss. I relate to every word you wrote and to the intensity of your pain. It has been the hardest thing for me too when I lost my two cats, whom have been by my side for 18 years. They died in October 2017 and in April this year and I am struggling to come to terms with this other life without them. My heart goes out to you, the pain is excruciating but you are not going to go insane - please try and read other postings here and you will see how many of us have experienced this huge Loss. Tell us more about your Chubas (I feel like talking about my cats all the time) and send a picture, please. I am sure Chubas is watching over you - we go on loving them and with time you will perhaps feel that this is the way in which we eventually defeat death. 

Thank you so much. It means a lot to me. I will take your advice <3 she was a loving cat who had such a human like personality.  She would console me if I was crying or sad by jumping up to me and purring.  She would come and flop herself on your lap and just fall asleep.  Everyone who met her loved her. She was my best friend, I could talk to her and she would listen.  I’m never going to get over her and I just pray I get to be reunited with her again. 

22AC8675-CEB0-471B-B7AD-200FD728AC59.jpeg

• Members

I am so, so sorry Bs28. I just went through the same thing with my baby. I said I would never be the same and I still don't know how I will ever get over it. I hurt for you because I know your pain so well. I cried everyday for two weeks. I am not crying, anymore, but the sadness, the emptiness and the pain is still there, just not as raw. We can only take it one day at a time. Again, I am so sorry for your loss. 

• Members
21 minutes ago, CiCi said:

I am so, so sorry Bs28. I just went through the same thing with my baby. I said I would never be the same and I still don't know how I will ever get over it. I hurt for you because I know your pain so well. I cried everyday for two weeks. I am not crying, anymore, but the sadness, the emptiness and the pain is still there, just not as raw. We can only take it one day at a time. Again, I am so sorry for your loss. 

That means a lot cici, I am sorry for you as well. It is very hard but I know that our love for them will be forever.  I believe they can still feel our love no matter where they are.  

• Moderators

@Bs28  I believe we will be together with them again.  It's the hardest thing in the world losing them...the more we love it seems the more we grieve.  They are such wonderful companions, it's been over two years since I lost Miss Mocha, seems hard to believe it's been that long.  I still miss her and talk about her.  The prettiest sweetest little cat there ever was.

I am so sorry you are going through this too now.  My heart goes out to you, I know how hard it is.  :(

• Members
12 hours ago, KayC said:

@Bs28  I believe we will be together with them again.  It's the hardest thing in the world losing them...the more we love it seems the more we grieve.  They are such wonderful companions, it's been over two years since I lost Miss Mocha, seems hard to believe it's been that long.  I still miss her and talk about her.  The prettiest sweetest little cat there ever was.

I am so sorry you are going through this too now.  My heart goes out to you, I know how hard it is.  :(

Thank you, my heart goes out to you aswell 

• Members

Chubas is so gorgeous - cats are healers and some of them more aware of their powers. I can see how you would rely on her so much, she looks motherly and confident, full of self-repect. You have certainly loved her well. I hope you find some comfort knowing that you did your best by her. We all want more time with them. Both my cats were very ill when they died and undertook invasive treatments before. My girl was very brave and she carried us through needles and the bitterest of medicines daily - my boy never accepted the drip and we cut down on meds that had still to be forced on him. What I mean is that nursing them was very hard on them and on us and yet I begged and prayed for more time. When the time  to part with them came I knew the hardest part was just starting for me. I just hope it was indeed the end of suffering for them. Let us know how you are coping. 

• Members
On 7/22/2018 at 8:12 PM, Bs28 said:

Thank you so much. It means a lot to me. I will take your advice <3 she was a loving cat who had such a human like personality.  She would console me if I was crying or sad by jumping up to me and purring.  She would come and flop herself on your lap and just fall asleep.  Everyone who met her loved her. She was my best friend, I could talk to her and she would listen.  I’m never going to get over her and I just pray I get to be reunited with her again. 

22AC8675-CEB0-471B-B7AD-200FD728AC59.jpeg

She sounds so much like my Pele who just crossed The bridge on Sunday night I hope Pele meets Chubas in heaven 

• Members

@Beatriz today is my fourth day with out her.  When I talk about her I begin to cry.  I do think I’m coping with this better thanks to all of you.  My mother is going through the same pain as I am so I’m trying to be there for her as well. We both loved chubs so much.  I know the days will get easier.  I just miss her.

• Members

I am sorry for your lost I am still grieving I had to make a difficult decision to put her to sleep I miss her and hope to reunite with her along with another cat. I am noticing my cat misses her 

• Moderators

Bs28, it's good you and your mom have each other as you go through this.  It was like that with me and my son when his dog Skye died, he was my granddoggy and lived with me 3 1/2 years, he was very special.  He was simple kind of like Down's Syndrome and the sweetest dog I've ever known, always happy happy.  Even though he became crippled and couldn't walk, his paws turned under.  He got him a wagon to take him on walks and he could always count on his grandma to lay down with him and rub his ears.  The sweetest dog in the world. It's been almost five years and I still miss him as much as I did day one.

Skye so sweet.jpg

• Members

What a sweet kitty! I am so sorry for your loss. Here is the thing: you will never be the same. Your headline is correct. :(  And it's a testament to the love and bond you had with Chubas. I lost my cat almost a year ago. And while the memories of those last hours are still painful, I have found peace and I am able to remember all the wonderful years we got.

But going through the loss changed me. When we get to love so deeply the loss will be equally as profound.  I wish I could say something to make the pain hurry up and go away, it just takes time and patience. 

• Members

@KayC I’m doing better. Yesterday has marked one week and I still feel sadness when I see pics of her and realize I can’t hold her. But I do feel more weight lifted off my heart

Archived