Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Do you believe there watching over us??

Jamiei

• Members

I grew up catholic, just always believed what I was taught!! Now I’m having doubts! I want to believe my sweet Dewayne is in heaven looking over me, he’s still with me, watching over us!! People say pay attention you’ll feel him, I just want a sign! Anyone have any signs there still with us?

• Moderators

It's been 13 years since my husband died.  A year after he died, a pansy sprung up in the ground on the corner of the patio footings (it's on a steep hill so the patio is up in the air about 10 feet maybe).  It was June and it's not feasible a pansy could survive the winter snows we get all winter long, yet somehow here it was!  Pansy was my husband and my flower, he always called it the smiling flower, and I totally feel he had a hand in this happening...it's never occurred before or since in the 41 years I've lived here.

A few years later I called the social security office to inquire as to how much I'd get when I retired and the lady said $200/month.  I was in shock!  I can't live on that, I still have a mortgage payment...this was the recession and I'd just lost my job for the third time and no one was hiring people my age.  My anxiety was through the roof.  She told me to call my local office if I didn't believe her. I tried, they were closed for a three day weekend.  That night as I was having an anxiety attack, I felt my husband's hand on my back/shoulder area.  It was unmistakable, it was his hand, and it immediately calmed me.  It helped me make it through the weekend and when I called the social security office after the weekend, a nice man filed my benefits and it was over $1,000, not $200.  It's very hard for them to break that physical barrier like that, but I believe George tried his level best, knowing I needed him at that moment more than ever.

I've had other things happen...when my husband died, it was a tremendous thunder & lightening storm and a triple rainbow at the same time!  I always thought he'd get a kick out of that, knowing he went out with a bang, like the very heavens had quite a response when he entered!  Many are the times I needed the extra encouragement and would see a rainbow, a special sign for me now.

• Members

That’s a beautiful story... I’m waiting for my signs!

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

I am sorry for your loss. Truly, I know how painful it is to lose the one who was your everything. My mother passed away yesterday morning. I was with her the whole way until she moved through to the next life. I got back to her house and took a walk and the first thing I saw were two butterflies (at 6 in the morning) circling wach other and I knew she was with me. I see her in each new petal that blooms. So yes, you will have signs. I have also had signs from both of my brothers who have passed. Sometimes it’s a feeling they are with me and they also come to me in dreams. There are times when I am so broken and then their favorite song plays in the most random places and I know it’s a sign because they are songs not played often. Love to you. It will happen. Stay open. Hugs

• Members

I am almost 2 months in. I have been praying for a sign to let me know he is watching over the children and I. I have not had a sign yet however I refuse to give up. I just WISH there was something so I know he is here..... 

• Moderators

Ahh but he is there...it is a hard veil to traverse!  Go it on faith, knowing your love never changed just because he died.

• Members

My grief counselor told me that some of her clients ask their departed loved ones for help in finding lost items. I was a bit skeptical, but I tried it. Twice. In both instances, the location of the important papers I was trying to find just popped into my head. It was as if I had known it all along, though I hadn't. In one case the papers were in a place where I wouldn't have conceived of looking. Spooky. I don't know if I'd try it again.

Yes, I have a notion that my wife looks down on me. And my deceased parents. And maybe my ancestors, too. I'm not sure if that's necessarily a comfort, because they must be slapping their foreheads in despair over my stubbornness and sheer stupidity sometimes.

• Members
DutchessWithaT

Yes they do . You have to just look carefully for signs. Even if you think your just grasping you're probably not   . On his 3rd month passing date, a little book of poetry and flowers he'd given me just fell onto the floor off of a flat sideboard . I reached down to pick it up and there was the sweetest love letter in it . Sometimes there will be a day when on TV ( I watch the classic shows mostly ) when several characters have his unusual last  name and lastly as Kay knows I had this horrific meltdown, broke my laptop and after I gathered myself , got a new one and found  love letters ( posts ) from him that had I not broken the old one and had to re - collect some things off his FB would never have seen . . Small things like that . Yesterday his glasses turned up in the middle of daughters room . I was THRILLED - mainly because I could always see just a bit better out of his and they ARE his .

• Members

Its definitely a resounding yes!   Just make sure you are open to the idea that anything is possible.  I've personally have had many signs and many "unusual" encounters.  Our loved ones are indeed here.   One common barrier that prevents us from connecting has to do with our grief.  If we are grieving heavily, we are indirectly putting up a shield.   It's like two pieces of batteries that cannot connect with each other because of a physical barrier --- that's what our grief is doing.    So just be open to the idea, that anything is possible.   You will see, feel, or experience something when you least expect it which will in turn, reassure you with comfort that they are here.  Does having a spiritual experience resolve our loss?  Of course not, but at this point, I'll take anything again to reconnect with my wife.   I'm sure we all feel the same way.

• Members
2 hours ago, Azipod said:

One common barrier that prevents us from connecting has to do with our grief.  If we are grieving heavily, we are indirectly putting up a shield

I have also been told this. That I'm unlikely to see my husband if I continue grieving so much. I try to suppress the grief so as to see him but it didn't work. How is it possible to be in so much pain and not grief?  Sometimes I feel like he is not appearing in my dreams because he is angry with me about something, I don't really know anymore.

I'd give anything to see him in my dreams. My dad said the longer the time of passing, the greater  the Chances of not seeing him. It's would be four months soon and I'm so scared I may not have that privilege.

It's so hard....

• Members
53 minutes ago, Nely said:

Sometimes I feel like he is not appearing in my dreams because he is angry with me about something, I don't really know anymore.

I'd give anything to see him in my dreams. My dad said the longer the time of passing, the greater  the Chances of not seeing him.

I wanted so bad to have a dream about my husband, I prayed to God one night about 2 months after his passing, I asked God to please let me feel him one more time. I woke up the next morning and I had the most vivid dream and I told him I didn't want him to go and he said he didn't want to go. I told him I loved him and he said he loved me too and then he kissed me and I felt it. I actually woke up with my heart in A-Fib.Pray right before going to sleep. ask for a specific thing pray until you fall asleep. I have also had a monark butterfly at my husband grave. it looked to be dead, I nudged it and it flew around the grave and then up into a tree. My granddaughter has seen her Pawpaw in a couple dreams and he was coming down a mountain and told her he loved her and me and not to cry. another dream was that he was on the mountain with Jesus and my parents whom she never knew. She has also said they are in heavens house. she is four years old. My other grand daughter who is eight, saw him, in a reflection in the mirror, sitting on our bed. When she looked at the bed he wasn't there. When she looked back at the mirror he was there. She actually wrote him a note about it. The funny thing is the night before I thought I saw him at our back door as I was getting ready to go to bed. He always checked the door to make sure it was locked before we went to bed. So be patient pray for God to allow you to see him again.

• Members
On 7/17/2018 at 8:45 AM, Jamiei said:

I grew up catholic, just always believed what I was taught!! Now I’m having doubts! I want to believe my sweet Dewayne is in heaven looking over me, he’s still with me, watching over us!! People say pay attention you’ll feel him, I just want a sign! Anyone have any signs there still with us?

I am catholic, too, but even my priest told me, in my early grief, "you need to stop looking backward...they are ahead of you..." 

I feel I have had signs from my husband...not while I was looking, either, and not early on--I started reading books on the subject, because people were writing about manifestations and visitations, etc. and I sure wasn't experiencing that...I have had occurrences that I can't explain rationally--that come at needed times, and sometimes not. But I believe my husband wants me to know he is here, near me. 

• Members

@vernkathy, thank you so much for sharing and reassuring me that I still can see him. I have prayed for this before now but I'd probably need to pray more for this singular request from God.

1 hour ago, vernkathy said:

So be patient pray for God to allow you to see him again.

I will. Like I said earlier, I'd do anything to see him again. He's the love of my life and life feels so empty now. One reassuring encounter with him will do a whole lot for me.

Thanks again.

• Members

They are there preparing the way for us. And in the Lord's time we will reunite.

• Members

When Derek passed on, I knew that he would do everything he could to try to communicate with me. We were just those types of people. We believed in afterlife and that everything is circular, not a straight line. He comes to me in the form of animals, a lot. I was speaking with a very dear friend of mine (whom we both knew and who has helped me in the past with breathing exercises to manage my panic issues) and hummingbirds would not stop peering into the window for two hours. A hawk was circling the sky. A deer (and this is in very residential area) walked up to the car my mom and sister were in as they waited for me. I see cardinals every time I'm having a really hard time making a decision, and all the sudden a cardinal will swoop down low into our backyard. One of my dogs shared a long moment with the cardinal on the one month mark. Butterflies are everywhere - in fact the day of his life celebration, a butterfly idled in the spot he had passed in our yard. I knew it was him. 

Lights flicker sometimes, or things won't work properly, only to work perfectly a day later. Shortly after he passed, I found myself wandering around our house as if I were looking for something. I was building a small altar for him - just placing small things near the window like candles, salt lamps, buddhas, his little trinkets, photos, flowers - and I kept finding things that I hadn't paid any attention to in years. His favorite episodes of shows are randomly on - at our house, or when I actually leave the house and go to a friends house. I started listening to his favorite band on my iphone in the yard the other night, and the motion detector went off. 

He had this clover tattoo. It was a four leafed clover which we all know means good luck. He had gotten it when he was 18 because he had almost died twice. He considered himself so lucky. When we got together, I had asked him about it and he told me it was for luck, but that he no longer needed it because he had me. When I went to speak to our dear friend (she also happens to be able to communicate with the dead), she had told me that she never really hears the voice of the person who has passed (it's always through what she calls her translator). But she had heard Derek's voice - and he kept telling her to "give her my gift" meaning me. So when I finally went to go see her (and about 5 years had passed since the last time I'd seen this friend), she hugged me and told me Derek had a gift there for me. Seven years prior, she was trying to get rid of this necklace. It's very very old, very heavy. She kept hearing "don't give that away yet" whenever she'd try to get rid of it (she developed an allergy to metals). But when she heard Derek's voice say "give her my gift", she knew that necklace she had bought over 40 years ago was always meant for me. The necklace is a clover - only it's a three leaf instead of 4. 4 means luck. 3 means love, hope, and faith. 

They always watch over us. They always love us. I believe they are everything and everywhere. My parents stay with me often, and my mother (being such a clean freak) never ever touches the magazines that are in the bathroom. Derek always had his magazines in there. She didn't know why she grabbed one one day, flipped open the page, and read about how buddhists react to death. They mourn a loved one, but then they believe that their deep grief and sadness prohibits not only our earthly life, but it keeps our loved one from continuing their journey on and upward. It try to think of that every time grief attempts to consume me. 

• Members
10 hours ago, Nely said:

I have also been told this. That I'm unlikely to see my husband if I continue grieving so much. I try to suppress the grief so as to see him but it didn't work. How is it possible to be in so much pain and not grief?  Sometimes I feel like he is not appearing in my dreams because he is angry with me about something, I don't really know anymore.

I'd give anything to see him in my dreams. My dad said the longer the time of passing, the greater  the Chances of not seeing him. It's would be four months soon and I'm so scared I may not have that privilege.

It's so hard....

I feel like this too. My fiancé died 2 months ago next week and I’ve had one dream with him in, he just seemed really annoyed with and it made me feel awful when I woke up. I still message him a lot as it’s just my way of feeling connected to him still. I’m always asking him to come and see me or to send me a sign that his ok now but I dont feel like I get anything or if the odd thing has happened like seeing butterflies or dragonflies I still don’t feel like it’s actually anything as much as I want it to be. His friends have told me a few things that have happened to them which seem way too odd to be a coincidence and it makes me smile but also makes me feel sad that I don’t seem to get anything. All of my friends have said his probably too scared to come and see me at the moment. (He took his own life and we were due to get married next month) but I’ve told him so many times that I’m not angry with him, he wasn’t very well. 

I hope we both get some positive signs soon as I really feel it would be a huge comfort too x

• Members
3 minutes ago, Elle N said:

I hope we both get some positive signs soon as I really feel it would be a huge comfort too

I hope so too dear Elle. It would greatly be comforting to have an encounter. In the earlier days, our son always saw him. He either waved at him or called out to him and even told him I was there with him. Whenever that happened, I always wondered why I was so unlucky,  not been able to see him yet.

5 minutes ago, Elle N said:

All of my friends have said his probably too scared to come and see me at the moment.

I have equally been told so too. All I need right now is just one encounter with him and I will be forever grateful.

I look forward to us coming to share wonderful experience of seeing our loved ones again.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Nely said:

I hope so too dear Elle. It would greatly be comforting to have an encounter. In the earlier days, our son always saw him. He either waved at him or called out to him and even told him I was there with him. Whenever that happened, I always wondered why I was so unlucky,  not been able to see him yet.

I have equally been told so too. All I need right now is just one encounter with him and I will be forever grateful.

I look forward to us coming to share wonderful experience of seeing our loved ones again.

Me too my lovely let’s hope we get something soon.

take care xx

• Members
12 hours ago, Nely said:

It's so hard....

Nely.... There's no need to worry about this.   I know that things aren't easy.  But there is a slight difference between grieving and grieving heavily, if that even makes sense.   As we all know, our grief evolves over time.  Month #1 is very different from Month #2 and #3, and beyond.   There are many degrees to grief.   One thing for sure, is that it will always be painful... and pain will always come with grief.   However, there comes a point, albeit it may even be temporary, where we grieve but yet, there is some hint of acceptance or understanding of our loss....   If you get to this point, it is when things could be different.  I stress could.... this is no absolute matter.   

You will get to a point where your heart can be calm enough to connect with the other side.  It may not happen today, tomorrow, or this month.  But it will happen, if you allow it.    We often measure our progress in grief in days or in months or years.   But going through grief is an EXPERIENCE.   It has nothing to do with time.   What works for someone in 4-months may be 4-years for another person.    I've met people who haven't begun to grief until 2-years PAST the lost.    As I said, grieving is an experience, and until our mind and heart go through our individual experiences, then things will change.   What complicates this further is that everyone requires a different experience.    So just because person A goes through the same experience as person B, it doesn't mean A / B is progressing at the same rate.   What feeds person A may not feed person B.    Sorry if I'm starting to confuse everyone.

I also would not worry about the time that has lapsed and you have not seen your husband.    I'll try not to preach and force upon others what the spiritual world is like... but my experience tells me that we are all eternal cosmic beings.   When we "transition," we move on back to the spiritual realm where we belong.   Over in the spiritual realm, there is no time.   Time is man made, it exists in this physical plane we call earth.... but "time" does not exist on the other side.   So the point that I am trying to get across is this.    What seems like eternity for you, may only be a blink of an eye for our loved ones over in the spiritual realm.    It's 4 months for you, but for your husband, it may only be 4-minutes.    So we can't compare it with time.    But to satisfy  your concern, I would say No, you don't have to worry even if you don't hear from him.   He is there and he will greet you when it is your time to cross over.

I'll end with this.  Many of this incorrectly portray the spirit of our loved ones as "magicians."    This is far from correct.  Just because they have crossed over, does not mean that they can do anything YOU want.   It doesn't mean that they can come see you everytime you cry or everytime you scream their name.   They are still everyday soul beings.   They don't have magical powers.    I can't explain why some people can see their loved ones after a short period of time, and some may have to wait a lot longer, and some may never.   I can't explain that.  The spiritual realm isn't logical.   The laws on earth does not apply over on the other side.   But they are there.   With the help of spiritual counselors, you can find a way to connect (ie. mediumship).

Sorry for the long post.   I've been missing in action (from this forum) for many months so I thought I share some of my recent learnings.

• Members
1 hour ago, Azipod said:

Nely.... There's no need to worry about this.   I know that things aren't easy.  But there is a slight difference between grieving and grieving heavily, if that even makes sense.   As we all know, our grief evolves over time.  Month #1 is very different from Month #2 and #3, and beyond.   There are many degrees to grief.   One thing for sure, is that it will always be painful... and pain will always come with grief.   However, there comes a point, albeit it may even be temporary, where we grieve but yet, there is some hint of acceptance or understanding of our loss....   If you get to this point, it is when things could be different.  I stress could.... this is no absolute matter.   

You will get to a point where your heart can be calm enough to connect with the other side.  It may not happen today, tomorrow, or this month.  But it will happen, if you allow it.    We often measure our progress in grief in days or in months or years.   But going through grief is an EXPERIENCE.   It has nothing to do with time.   What works for someone in 4-months may be 4-years for another person.    I've met people who haven't begun to grief until 2-years PAST the lost.    As I said, grieving is an experience, and until our mind and heart go through our individual experiences, then things will change.   What complicates this further is that everyone requires a different experience.    So just because person A goes through the same experience as person B, it doesn't mean A / B is progressing at the same rate.   What feeds person A may not feed person B.    Sorry if I'm starting to confuse everyone.

I also would not worry about the time that has lapsed and you have not seen your husband.    I'll try not to preach and force upon others what the spiritual world is like... but my experience tells me that we are all eternal cosmic beings.   When we "transition," we move on back to the spiritual realm where we belong.   Over in the spiritual realm, there is no time.   Time is man made, it exists in this physical plane we call earth.... but "time" does not exist on the other side.   So the point that I am trying to get across is this.    What seems like eternity for you, may only be a blink of an eye for our loved ones over in the spiritual realm.    It's 4 months for you, but for your husband, it may only be 4-minutes.    So we can't compare it with time.    But to satisfy  your concern, I would say No, you don't have to worry even if you don't hear from him.   He is there and he will greet you when it is your time to cross over.

I'll end with this.  Many of this incorrectly portray the spirit of our loved ones as "magicians."    This is far from correct.  Just because they have crossed over, does not mean that they can do anything YOU want.   It doesn't mean that they can come see you everytime you cry or everytime you scream their name.   They are still everyday soul beings.   They don't have magical powers.    I can't explain why some people can see their loved ones after a short period of time, and some may have to wait a lot longer, and some may never.   I can't explain that.  The spiritual realm isn't logical.   The laws on earth does not apply over on the other side.   But they are there.   With the help of spiritual counselors, you can find a way to connect (ie. mediumship).

Sorry for the long post.   I've been missing in action (from this forum) for many months so I thought I share some of my recent learnings.

I do appreciate you sharing your new perspective. It is nice to think about something much broader and bigger then the tunnel vision you have when you are grieving. I just know my husband has crossed over into that next place and I always ask him to wait for me and please great me with that amazing smile of his. Thinking of that brings a smile to my face and literally warms my heart. There is so much we don't understand so thank you.

• Moderators
On 8/2/2018 at 12:19 AM, Michelene said:

I am catholic, too, but even my priest told me, in my early grief, "you need to stop looking backward...they are ahead of you..." 

Interesting thought, I'd not thought of it like this before!

On 8/2/2018 at 6:00 AM, Spengler said:

They are there preparing the way for us. And in the Lord's time we will reunite.

@Azipod It's good to hear from you again!  I'd wondered how you were doing and missed your posts.  
You are right, we can't COUNT on them being able to give us signs whenever we want them.  They will likely happen SOMETIME but proceed on faith and let thing come as they may.  I have had some signs  but can't expect them or be disappointed if I don't see them, think of them as a bonus if you do get one.  They are spiritual beings, not so easy for them to do physical things.  And you're right, when we enter the eternal spiritual world, time is no more, their perspective has to be vastly enhanced as ours will be one day too!

• Members

This morning after I had just gotten out of bed a small plastic bead dropped to the floor. It's transparent, the kind with a hole in it. It must have fallen out of the pocket of my bathrobe, I think. Or maybe not. It certainly wasn't anything of mine, but I recall that my wife had done something or other with beads quite a number of years ago. How did it get there? Was it there all these years? I can't believe that.

I took the bead and stored it in a box, so I won't lose it. It's just a bead, but it's meaningful.

• Members
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:55 PM, Azipod said:

@Azipod Thank you! I understand!  

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Spengler said:

I took the bead and stored it in a box, so I won't lose it. It's just a bead, but it's meaningful.

Because it had something to do with her.  She touched it.  She had something to do with it being there.  Perhaps meant to let you know she still is.

• Members

@Azipod, I can't believe I'm just seeing your response which is almost two weeks now. Waoh! It's a DEEP ONE. Honestly, I must say I now have a deeper understanding and indeed more enlightened.

On 8/2/2018 at 7:55 PM, Azipod said:

.   When we "transition," we move on back to the spiritual realm where we belong.   Over in the spiritual realm, there is no time.   Time is man made, it exists in this physical plane we call earth.... but "time" does not exist on the other side.   So the point that I am trying to get across is this.    What seems like eternity for you, may only be a blink of an eye for our loved ones over in the spiritual realm.    It's 4 months for you, but for your husband, it may only be 4-minutes.    So we can't compare it with time.    But to satisfy  your concern, I would say No, you don't have to worry even if you don't hear from him. 

On 8/2/2018 at 7:55 PM, Azipod said:

This makes so much sense and indeed heart warming that things are not really as I think they are in terms of how much time has lapsed which made me worried that I might not see him or connect with my beloved.

You don't have to apologise. You've enlightened us so much. Thank you for taking out the time to give such a detailed response.

Archived