Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dreams of departed loved ones

Spengler

• Members

Last night I dreamed of my beloved lost wife. We were in a car, on the approach to a very steep and high bridge. I was driving, but having problems steering, almost veering out of the lane, even into the barrier at the side. She steadied my hand and the car straightened out. Coming off the bridge, in a steep descent, I noticed that she was no longer in the car with me. She was ahead of me, in another vehicle, and she exited the bridge before me.

The symbolism is pretty obvious. She preceded me into the next world. Fine. But why do I have to be hit over the head with this? Yes, it's comforting, mostly, but also a bit dismaying. Thinking of it makes me want to cry, but I really don't want to cry.

• Moderators

We had a thread just a while back on dreams...I recently dreamed of George, his back was towards me, I wanted him to turn around, I felt if he would just look me in the eyes, everything would be alright, but in the dream, he never did, which wasn't like him at all.  I think it showed my feelings of being left, of the great effort to connect with him1

• Members
DutchessWithaT

I have had visitation dreams my whole life . I have had a lot of loss  in my life , really a lot of death . Almost all my family and most of my friends starting in 1970 . They are always my friends and loves ones when they decide to show . When I was 30ish I was finally able to control what was going on and respond normally to what was going on  . NOT everyone I know who have passed visits and some only come one time and with Visitations sometimes that one time is exactly what you needed . I like I had a great visitation with  my ex MIL ( NOT this current one - that's a waking nitemare ) She knew how upset I was the last time we saw each other - that's why we were there was for a final visit with her dying of cancer shortly  , neither of us spoke the others language but that didn't matter anymore . She was happy and smiling again and looked like her old self . Brilliant light was coming in through the window ( which is common for me either outside or through windows of some place ) The colors are magnified so that they appear like nothing we see here but really they are - just extremely intensified . I have had one with my late husband that I post here about . I hope he comes to visit again but I understood and it was GREAT . Visitations leave you feeling happy , loved immensely and very content and it doesn't dissipate . You don't forget them.  With my husband I have had a horrible time grieving with some complications that upset me pretty bad . shortly after , I dreamed we were in a VERY brightly lit store he was in jeans and a T-shirt and he thought at me , he did not speak at me . He thought at me to look at him , lately I have been so angry I refused . he asked again then took me by the arm and turned me towards him and in defiance I looked past him like you hurt me now is my turn - I have been really angry that he is gone - Finally he thought at me again and said oh , my bunny why do you do this now and with that one hand he put the side of my face against his chest and with the other ran his hand down my hair and traced my face like he was memorizing it . I HEARD his heart beat and his breathing , I even smelled smoke in his hair which I for some reason loved in real life and I just hugged him so so tight . I knew he was still living in spirit and that he could see - like the notes I found recently - that I am REALLY struggling with this . This usually happens when the initial shock has worn off and you are able to relax somewhat . I don't know how I do this it just happens . I have a friend who died in 1980 who visits once or twice a decade .Several friends do this that I have lost .   

Archived