Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Can't Fill The Void

Bottineau4

• Members
Bottineau4

Hi everyone, first time poster. I'm very sorry for everyone's loss that posts here. My dad was my rock. He was the guy that taught me how to be a man, he taught me how to live, he gave me advice, he listened, he supported me, he was the person I went to for everything. My dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 Undefinied Carcinoma in August 2016. He was given six months to a year, and passed away on his birthday in April 2017. Ever since, I've felt completely empty. I feel guilty because I have an amazing wife and four kids, and even with those amazing pillars in my life, i cant get past the feeling of being alone. It's been a year and a half and i am struggling greatly with finding someone to fill all the roles my dad filled in my life. I dont know where to go or what to do to fill this void... and it crushes me every single day. 

• Members

Dear Bottineau4,

I think its very understandable that the loss of a beloved father leaves a large hole in our heart and in our lives.

I found this article helped me a little because I too struggled:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2009/08/another-voice-12/

I don't know if you want to consider talking to a grief counsellor or joining a support group in the community. Maybe a volunteer opportunity adopting a grandparent or helping in a seniors facility might help. I don't know if you belong to a church and if talking to pastor might help with this as well.

Please know we are with you and here to listen.

Take care.

Archived