Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

15 years old and mother has just died suddenly

Ashleigh123

• Members
Ashleigh123

I am 15 years old and today my mother passed away. I am so confused and hurt right now that I will never see her again. I don’t know what to feel. My life is changed forever. I just want to know what is the point of it all? Why did she just die so suddenly? Is it fate? Was she meant to go like that? I really really really would like maybe some answers as to why this has happened as I am grieving...

• Members

Dear Ashleigh123,

My deepest sympathies and condolences. I am very sorry for your loss.

I know its so hard and I wish I had better answers for you.  I too have asked myself these questions and I'm sad to say that sometimes life is just unfair. There truly is no rhyme or reason. Part of grief is always asking why? Why me? Why now? It's just our brains way of making sense of the situation.

Please know you are not alone. I hope you have trusted friends and family members to lean on. I know others find grief counselling or joining a support group helpful. I also found these websites offer a lot of comforting advice.

What's Your Grief

Grief in Common

Grief Healing Blog

GriefShare

Grief Recovery Method.

Take your time. Please know we are here to listen. Thinking of you.

• Members

Hello! I am 14 and my mom suddenly passed away last April due to breast cancer! It all happened very quick.She went in the hospital, and then within days, she had hospice care 24/7.It was incredibly hard and I believe that I will never fully get over it! I am so sorry you are having to deal with this! I asked the same questions....why me? why her? ETC..But I now realize she did her time on this Earth and it was her time to go.I will NEVER fully cope with it good, and understand it completely but you should always remember that she loved you and is proud of you.So just keep making her proud.If you ever wanna chat, feel free to message me!

Archived