Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Feeling Guilty?

Jeff In Denver

• Moderators

Thank you for sharing!  He made an important distinction.  It's so true, we have to remember the whole of the person, not just the part, the whole of the relationship, not only the last day.

I have long said that the "if onlys" are our way of looking for a different outcome.  It's so hard for us to accept the outcome that "is".

• Members
Sunshinerays

Thankyou for posting this.  I am carrying the burden of so many "would -ifs and "should-haves" and though I know that some degree of guilt will remain as a part of my days for which part I hold myself accountable, this kind and knowledgeable man has given me comfort and insight. His clarity on the subject of guilt and what it truly is....maybe one day I will be able to see the sun thru the clouds. Not today, not tomorrow,  but perhaps one day. To forgive myself,  as Max would have done so,  unconditionally.

• Members
Jeff In Denver

You're both welcome.  He lost his wife suddenly at a very young age.  He's been through hell (as have we, of course), so he's not just some academic talking about this. 

Guilt and regret are such a big part of this...  I guess it's pretty normal.

• Members
13 hours ago, Jeff In Denver said:

You're both welcome.  He lost his wife suddenly at a very young age.  He's been through hell (as have we, of course), so he's not just some academic talking about this. 

Guilt and regret are such a big part of this...  I guess it's pretty normal.

Thanks for the video, Jeff!  I lost my husband almost one year.  I still have the guilt, but it got lessen.  During those intensive grief of months, I wished I didn’t marry my husband, then he probably wouldn’t die so earlier.  I have to face the reality and continue my life.

• Moderators

There's no way someone could make a video like that if they hadn't had firsthand knowledge of it.  Bless him for sharing.

• Members
Jeff In Denver
13 hours ago, KayC said:

There's no way someone could make a video like that if they hadn't had firsthand knowledge of it.  Bless him for sharing.

That's a very good point.  

Archived