Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lines Blurred

JBSC01

• Members

I am so confused nowadays since my loss, nothing makes sense anymore, nothing seems to matter. My question is does anyone else feel as if all of the lines are blurred together in one big scribble, the lines i am referring to are Grief, Depression, Anxiety, Stress. I cant seem to differentiate them. They all seem as one, I cant tell what each of them feels like anymore on their own. Maybe just my crazy head, but i wanted to know if anyone felt the same or similar

• Members
43 minutes ago, JBSC01 said:

I am so confused nowadays since my loss, nothing makes sense anymore, nothing seems to matter. My question is does anyone else feel as if all of the lines are blurred together in one big scribble, the lines i am referring to are Grief, Depression, Anxiety, Stress. I cant seem to differentiate them. They all seem as one, I cant tell what each of them feels like anymore on their own. Maybe just my crazy head, but i wanted to know if anyone felt the same or similar

I can relate to the confusion and lines being blurred regarding grief, anxiety, stress, depression. I had a bad migraine which triggered my grief, caused me anxiety and today felt like depression wrapped in pain. I feel like they are all so intricately intertwined that one emotion can trigger other emotions because they are all waiting at the surface. That is one of the hardest things to navigate to me. The stages of grief are not linear so right when you think you might have passed a threshold you can be thrown right back to square one by the smallest things. The only thing that I can see might be changing for me is that I now know my low will pass where as in the beginning I had no way of knowing when the dark cloud would release me. 

• Members

Raises hand over here to all of it . My days also run together but yes in my case the forgetfulness is maddening.

• Moderators

Doctors aren't trained in grief, they tend to treat depression with a pill when what we need is to work through our grief and this is a natural feeling due to our grief.  It does help to see a grief counselor and if they aren't helping, try another, it might take three tries to find the right one but is worth it.  Our grief also heightens our anxiety because we're dealing with uncharted territory and this whole thing can feel overwhelming.  If you DO need help with your anxiety or depression, get it!  Same with sleep, if you're not sleeping, don't be afraid to get some help for it.  At the end of the day when we've tried lavender essential oils, yoga, meditation and still can't sleep, see your doctor for a sleeping pill, we can't keep going without sleep, we still need to work, to function and we need a clearer head than ever, just when we haven't got one!

Thinking about it, if you drove 60 mph and slammed into a telephone pole and your brain sustained traumatic injury, you would expect to not be unscathed, this is kind of like that, it's jolted our brain to the core, our heart too, and yet we're expected to go on like nothing happened?

Archived