Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Cannot ge tover the loss of my parents

kitanaangel49

• Members
kitanaangel49

I am Alone, And adult orphan. I am married , one daughter who lives on the other side of the country.No living relatives

I lost my dad in 1997 from lymphoma.the bad thing is I was in a head on collision in Nov 99, when I came out of it a year later, I had forgotten he had died...... I was in icu for 10 days, 3 skull fractures, and at certain times in my life I wonder why God let me live thru that.

In 2004 my mom, my best friend, died in my arms....I sat with her for hours after she passed....They had to literally tell me to go home.

I will never get over losing them....Especially my mom.

I talk to her at night, I set a place for her on holidays, hoping she knows....

When I feel like running away, I HAVE NO HOME TO GO HOME Too....

My life is pretty sad.......

post-267012-012612200 1288969512_thumb.j

• Members

I am Alone, And adult orphan. I am married , one daughter who lives on the other side of the country.No living relatives

I lost my dad in 1997 from lymphoma.the bad thing is I was in a head on collision in Nov 99, when I came out of it a year later, I had forgotten he had died...... I was in icu for 10 days, 3 skull fractures, and at certain times in my life I wonder why God let me live thru that.

In 2004 my mom, my best friend, died in my arms....I sat with her for hours after she passed....They had to literally tell me to go home.

I will never get over losing them....Especially my mom.

I talk to her at night, I set a place for her on holidays, hoping she knows....

When I feel like running away, I HAVE NO HOME TO GO HOME Too....

My life is pretty sad.......

Hi Kitanaangel,

I am terribly sorry to hear you are so alone, and I am very sorry to hear about your losses. Have you tried to find a local support group? What about a church group? Therapist? Good friend? Is there anyone who you can talk to?

I am glad you found us. We will listen to you and be here to encourage and support you.

And you are right. We never "get over" losing our loved ones. We just keep moving forward and cherish their wonderful memories and their positive influences that made us who we are.

I look forward to hearing from you again,

ModKonnie

• Members
kitanaangel49

Hi Kitanaangel,

I am terribly sorry to hear you are so alone, and I am very sorry to hear about your losses. Have you tried to find a local support group? What about a church group? Therapist? Good friend? Is there anyone who you can talk to?

I am glad you found us. We will listen to you and be here to encourage and support you.

And you are right. We never "get over" losing our loved ones. We just keep moving forward and cherish their wonderful memories and their positive influences that made us who we are.

I look forward to hearing from you again,

ModKonnie

You are so sweet to take the time to write me. I have been to therapists, support groups.some frieds do listen,

I suppose The holidays are the toughest for me. It is just me and my hsb...My daughter lives at the other end of the county and is in no position to travel here.

My parents were so happy during the holidays.....

And I HATE the month of May

Both parents died in May, my dad 5-23 my mom 5-14 It is a horrible time for me.

I know I have to go on and make the best of it.....But they are always on my mind.

Thanks for letting me vent......Hope to hear from you soon.

• Members

It is very tough for us. It has been 6 months now and I am a bit better after a lot of reading and grieving. The good thing is that we don't have to ever get over it. The question is whether I can return to a normal life.

Archived