Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Major Meltdown

elong1969

• Members

Today I had a major meltdown! The woman at the bank understood and said this was like reality setting in. Does it get any easier. I came back to work, my eyes swollen and everyone asking what is wrong. I know it has only been a short time......September 6, 2010. I miss my mother so much. I just wish I could spend one more day with her. I kept all her messages on my cell phone and have erased them. I need advice please.

• Members

Today I had a major meltdown! The woman at the bank understood and said this was like reality setting in. Does it get any easier. I came back to work, my eyes swollen and everyone asking what is wrong. I know it has only been a short time......September 6, 2010. I miss my mother so much. I just wish I could spend one more day with her. I kept all her messages on my cell phone and have erased them. I need advice please.

Elizabeth,

It has only been a short time. If it helps at all, your meltdown is perfectly normal, and perfectly understandable. Only a true cad would not understand. Would it help if you could take time off from work? Would it help to talk to a doctor? What about prayer or meditation--does it help at all? What about trying to imagine what your mother would be telling you right now if she could about how to deal with this?

I can only tell you to keep hanging in there, things do get better but it takes some time. Sometimes, we just have to have the meltdowns and then dry our face and keep going. It's the best we can do at that time. I will be thinking about you and how you are doing.

ModKonnie

Archived