Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing my best friend

Sarahbutler22

• Members
Sarahbutler22

We just put down my dog, Silly. She was previously a stray and I brought her into our home and took care of her. Naturally we had a very close relationship. She wasn’t house broken and was very afraid of people. After ten years of her being with us we noticed she wasn’t the same dog anymore and we all knew it was her time to go. I’m so heartbroken I haven’t stopped crying. I don’t know if I ever will, she was an incredible dog and she has grown so much over the years that it was horrible to let her go. I can’t eat or sleep because of my grief. I really don’t know what to do and I feel others around me don’t understand how I feel.3F8E1F04-A139-46FE-AFC5-9EF73655B23D.thumb.jpeg.42a00aa903f805cc1d512bc65993f1b3.jpeg

• Moderators

I'm so sorry, you must be missing her so terribly.  She's a sweet little dog.  You took care of her all those years, even though not housebroken, you loved her as your best friend, it's going to take time to adjust to her absence.  I don't know as we ever get fully used to it, I mean we adjust, but we still miss and love them.  Bless you, wishing you comfort and peace.

Archived