Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Felix got killed this morning

ModKonnie

• Members

Felix is my 10-month old tiger striped kitten. He is beautiful, funny and the perfect lap cat. He was greatly adored and loved. This morning, I was supposed to take him to the vet to get declawed and fixed. As I opened the door to go start the car, Felix, ran out.

I didn't think anything of it; I figured he'd be back in a few. I called and rescheduled his appointment when an hour later he didn't show up. We laughed and joked about how he knew what was going to happen and he was hiding. I went to he doctor for myself later this morning, and when I got home, the neighbor stopped me in my driveway and said she thought my cat was dead in her yard.

Apparently, he was on his way back home when he got hit by a car. His head was smashed. I had to go identify him before my kids ran over there.

My husband collected him in a towel, and we all took turns digging a hole in the backyard. We just had his funeral, and I feel so bad it's awful.

ModKonnie

• Members

I am so sorry!What an awful thing to happen to your little Felix.I have 4 cats and they are my babies and I also know the pain of losing them.I can still cry when I think of my cat Sonny who died 2years ago very un-expectantly.I wish I had the words to make you feel better.The only thing I can say is that your little Felix had 10 months of love from a great family.So many will never ever experience that.I am just so sorry you didn't have so many more years with him,life is so un-fair and doesn't make sense sometimes.I will keep you and your family in my prayers.HUGS!!

• Members

ooohhh. how sad. poor little thing. that has always been one of my reoccuring nightmares, losing a kitty like that. wish there was something i could say, but we all know there isnt.

• Members

ooohhh. how sad. poor little thing. that has always been one of my reoccuring nightmares, losing a kitty like that. wish there was something i could say, but we all know there isnt.

Thank you. I know. It was a terrible ordeal. Wish it could never happen to anyone else ever again.

ModKonnie

• Members

I am so sorry!What an awful thing to happen to your little Felix.I have 4 cats and they are my babies and I also know the pain of losing them.I can still cry when I think of my cat Sonny who died 2years ago very un-expectantly.I wish I had the words to make you feel better.The only thing I can say is that your little Felix had 10 months of love from a great family.So many will never ever experience that.I am just so sorry you didn't have so many more years with him,life is so un-fair and doesn't make sense sometimes.I will keep you and your family in my prayers.HUGS!!

Thank you very much. Several of my friends have recently wanted to go to the pound to bring me a new kitten, but honestly, we are not ready for a new fur baby. I would feel too guilty. I feel so bad for Felix, particularly since winter is coming on, and he's just gone. The other cats miss him. They stare out the window and mope around the house looking for him.

ModKonnie

• Members

It is really very sad to heard about this news. Please take care.

Thank you very much.

ModKonnie

Archived