Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I’m so angry

Daddysgirl805

• Members
Daddysgirl805

It’s been 2 months since I watched my dad take his last breath. He was diagnosed with stage 4 gastric cancer at the beginning of the year, doctors told him he had acid reflex. I moved in with him and took care of him for the last 4 months of his life. I’m grateful I had the opportunity to take care of him. I was so strong for him and my brothers, well now I’m tired of being the strong one. I lost the person I loved more than anything in this world, my dad was Everything to me. I don’t know what to do with all this anger and pain. This is what a broken heart truly feels like

• Members
WaningStrength

Hi. Terribly sorry to hear of your loss. I can relate to being the "strong" one and understand losing my Dad as well. You're not alone! 

• Members
WaningStrength

My Dad was in poor health, but passed suddenly. My mother and I decided to take him to the ER one night and he stopped breathing on the way there. I gave him CPR and saved his life. He was non responsive from then on and an EEG revealed he was essentially brain dead. We had to literally pull the plug a week later and I was with him till his last breath. Here I am almost 4 yrs later raw as I can be. So I share the path that you're on. Terrible toll. 

• Members

Dear Daddysgirl805,

I'm very sorry for your loss. It is devastating losing a beloved father. I hear you and it is hard coping with anger and pain and terrible sadness.

If you want to maybe consider talking to a grief counsellor or joining a support group. It's been a year and half for me and I still feel angry that it was my dad that passed away.

I also tried reading varies websites to help my understand my grief. I found these ones most helpful:

What's your Grief

Grief in Common

Grief Healing Blog.

Thinking of you during this sad time. Sending you love and hugs.

Archived