Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my husband of 34 years

Lost and empty

• Members
Lost and empty

My dear husband got sick and once diagnosed with. Anger he passed away 2 1/2 months later.

i was able to take off work and be his caregiver and take him to appointments and treatments.it was hard as hell.

he probably lost 40 lbs , I lost 10 in the process which I didn’t have to lose.

i feel so lost and empty without him.

• Members

I'm so sorry you are now part of this club.  My husband of 33 years passed suddenly from cardiac arrest almost 4 months ago. I still feel so lost, but every once in awhile I have an OK day, which didn't seem remotely possible in the beginning.  I have lost 25 lbs so far.  Our lives have been turned upsidedown and is now a day by day journey to travel.  And its hard.

• Members

I am so sorry to both of you. Try to be kind to yourself. Don't judge yourself for want you are not able to do. Part of this journey is surrendering to the fact that we are not in control. At first I only ate food because I was scared to get the flu like my husband and pass away too. About a month or two in I started to cook once a week and eat the same thing for several days straight. Just last month I went to bed everyday at 8:00 because that is what I needed to do. It helped the day to be over so that I could make it to the next. At times I journal, at times I talk to my husband out loud and sometimes I don't feel like talking to anyone about anything. You just have to go with the ebbs and flows of your sorrow. It is not in our nature to lean in towards this kind of pain it is a skill we have to learn to carry on. 

• Moderators

Lost and empty,

I'm so sorry you lost your husband (did you mean angina?), but I'm glad you found this place.  It really helps to be able to write out your feelings and know you're heard and understood, especially when the people around you may not get it, they still have their spouses.

Keep coming, we hear you, always there's someone who will respond soon.

Archived