Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Keep coming back

Nicole-my grief journey

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

Keep coming back. Share your grief, share your story, share your bad days, ok days, good days if you have them and things you’ve experienced, learned and that help you wherever you’re at in your process. Share a sentence or your whole story. Sometimes I personally even write things that I feel barely make sense and that’s ok. It’s the sharing that matters, no matter what it is. We need you and we hope we can help ease your feelings with loss too. By sharing we can all find our way and help each other. Love to all of you who are hurting. None of us should have to feel alone when we all are on this path. 

• Members

thank you. what a generous post. thank you for the love and creating this space.

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

careyboot,

Sending love and warm thoughts your way. My heart is heavy for your loss. I saw that you lost your brother on May 9th. We share an angel date. My one brother passed away May 9th, 2006. Nothing prepares you for the shock of realizing you are losing/ or have lost them. It’s a nightmare. The desicion and emotions I felt about shutting off his machine and the week leading up to it and everything following are something I carry with me. I have done a lot of therapy grief work and it’s helped change things for me. I wish I had started it right after. Right now it feels fresh again in reading some things you wrote and because I’m at a hospital with my mom in critical condition and don’t know what’s going to happen. I just want to keep saying my heart is with you in regard to your loss and everything you are feeling. My other brother passed away on November 27th, 2017 and we were 2 yrs apart. The shock, confusion, depth of loss that alot of us on here feel, can be so confusing and overwhelming and just...so...painful. I too have been so upset that my second brother was alone when everything happend in November. I identify with you in a different post that you wrote too, about not being married or having kids and feeling lonely. “B” (my brother) and I both lived single lives, trying to navigate life, loss and coping. It broke me in pieces to know how bad he was hurting and wanting help and didn’t make it. That I couldn’t do anything about either of their deaths. At both times my brothers passed, I have felt like my heart was ripped right out of my chest. My soul, heart, mind and emotions ache. I still circle the thoughts of what he must of felt and all the questions that are unanswered. I remind myself that this hurts rightfully so, because the love is deep and I am grateful for all the years I had with them. No time would ever be enough, I would always want more and so I just try to honor their memories and live with more patience, kindness and understanding. Thank you for being on this forum and sharing and helping others.  

Hugs,

Nicole

Archived