Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost half of me

Sarah jane

• Members
Sarah jane

5 weeks ago my world fell apart, I lost my baby brother he was everything to me always has been since we were kids we always stuck together and he would do anything for me. He has 2 beautiful daughters and a baby on the way it’s so unfair, he went to live away with his new partner, I thought he was happy but I think he was secretly lonely he had left all his friends and family and has struggled with life since we lost are mum to breast cancer 14 years ago she was a single parent so we were very close.

I am finding it more difficult not easier I see people doing there normal things and getting on with life and I feel I will never be able to do that I miss him so very much my body aches and is hurting. I carnt see a future that is happy but I want to for my kids I love them very much.I am on a waiting list for counselling which I feel I really need. I just don’t know what to do I wish I could of known how sad my brother was it breaks my heart.

• Members

Dear Sarah Jane,

I'm so sorry for your pain and sorrow. I can tell how very close you were and how much you loved him and wanted to help him.

The first weeks and months of and year of a loss is very hard. Please know you are not alone in your thoughts and feelings. While waiting for counselling I hope trusted friends and family are supporting you.

Please know we are with you. Thinking of you. Sending my thoughts and prayers.

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

Sarah Jane,

I too think about how lonely my brother felt and once I got counseling I was able to cope better with that circling thought I had. I too have the body aches and pain and so it was explained to me how important it is not to hold that in your body. Write, speak to us or others and if you can, do some walking with the intention of feeling your feelings and releasing them while walking. It’s a really hard place to be in with all that you’ve got going on and the heartbreak of losing him and thinking about his kids losing him. While you are waiting for that appointment, I’m wondering if there’s a group grief meeting that’s free in your area? You are taking the right steps. Be gentle with yourself and know it takes time. When I’m in the shower, which is the only moment I have alone, I release my emotions and imagine the water washing away some of those thoughts and feelings. Love and prayers for you. I’m so sorry for your loss. 

• Members

I am so sorry. I feel the same way. I lost my brother almost a month ago and I feel like I've been disorganized.

Archived