Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Still So Sad After All This Time

Ema

• Members

Its been 8 months since my dog Yaffi died after 18 years of love and  friendship. Ive been doing better and just placed my order for her gravestone and moving forward.  Tonight for some reason I was channel surfing and ended up watched "A dogs Purpose". A sweet heartwarming take on the valuable companionship of a dog but the end of life scenes just did me in. Im just heartbroken and want my dog back. I miss her so much and I thought I was doing so much better. I dont know how we let go of loved ones and are supposed to go on. I just cant comprehend this. Ive lost my father, grandparents and a brother and 2 family dogs. I know how this is. Im just so sad thats all and never should have watched that movie. Cant stop crying. It does getter better but this was a setback. Im going to stick with romantic comedies.

• Moderators

It wasn't the movie, that was just the trigger...it's your grief is still raw.  That's how it is, seemingly out of nowhere we can be set back to day one.  It will get better than this, but how long I can't say.  I'm sorry you're hurting so bad.  Yep, romantic comedies for sure!

• Members

I am so sorry to hear about Yaffi. I'm more a cat person but that movie did me in too! I loved it but yeah it was so sad in spots. 

I am about nine months passed losing my cat, and I still get sad. So no wonder it triggered you. I wish you peace, it's a journey healing from this loss

Archived