Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my dog woke me up and said goodbye to me

Clara

• Members

I lost the love of my  life, my sweet Nobel, at the age of 12, 20 days ago. I still can not stop crying. every morning it gets worst than the day before. not sure if  i can ever get over it. in the last night of her life I slept beside her bed talking to her and  fell asleep. in the middle of the night she woke me up by licking my hand to say her good bye to me. she had become very weak and the licking was very weak too. but as soon as she licked my hand i knew that she is going. i opened my eyes and my face was in front of her face. she stared into my eyes with so much love and licked my face weakly. she couldn't move her body but she tried and put her head on my chest and pushed it a couple of times. then looked in my eyes again and i knew that she was telling me that I love you too and thank you. then her lungs started to fail her. and half an hour later she was gone. leaving me with a broken heart shattered life and crying eyes. my vet couldn't be there on time for putting her to sleep. her condition happened so quickly that i could not believe she can not make it. two weeks before that she was still happy and playing, going for her walks and two weeks after she was gone. remembering her goodbye breaks my heart and brings so much tears in my eyes. i loved her more than anything and any body in my life. 12 years of my life was all about loving her and make her happy. now she is gone and i'm so devastated. it does not get any easier for me and i am so depressed and don't want to live any more. but i have 3 other dogs that need me. and two of them that have been with her for 11 and 10 years are now really depressed too.  

• Members
jacquelina

what a beautiful dog, sorry for your loss, I lost my gorgeous boy on the 10th MAY, he was 11 & 2 months.... so I know how raw it is, I have been told it will get easier, hang on in there, you and your other dogs can get through this together.

• Moderators

I am so sorry for your loss, your dog is beautiful and I can see her sweetness, your loss must be incredible.  Please hang in there, it is hard to imagine right now but we do somehow get more used to it as time goes by, I can't tell you how, only that the intensity lessens, but right now you are going through the deepest pain, it can feel a shock at first.  How sweet that she woke you up to say goodbye and tell you how much she loves you.  Every once in a while we encounter the sweetest soul and often it's in the form of a dog.  My heart goes out to you in your loss.

• Members
42 minutes ago, KayC said:

I am so sorry for your loss, your dog is beautiful and I can see her sweetness, your loss must be incredible.  Please hang in there, it is hard to imagine right now but we do somehow get more used to it as time goes by, I can't tell you how, only that the intensity lessens, but right now you are going through the deepest pain, it can feel a shock at first.  How sweet that she woke you up to say goodbye and tell you how much she loves you.  Every once in a while we encounter the sweetest soul and often it's in the form of a dog.  My heart goes out to you in your loss.

thank you KayC. yes she really was a sweet soul. in my eyes she was not a dog. she was different with my other dogs. she was really an angel. knowing me perfectly well and loving me so much. hope i can meet her again in afterlife.

• Members
1 hour ago, jacquelina said:

what a beautiful dog, sorry for your loss, I lost my gorgeous boy on the 10th MAY, he was 11 & 2 months.... so I know how raw it is, I have been told it will get easier, hang on in there, you and your other dogs can get through this together.

thank you and sorry for your loss too. this is the most difficult experience of my life.

• Members

Nobel is so beautiful! We all understand what you are going through, the pain is so tough. It is important to be there for your other dogs, and of course they are sad too. It is shocking to every aspect of our lives. You said it's been a few weeks. It took me quite a while too. Try to be patient with yourself, it takes time to learn this new life. I am so sorry for your loss. 

• Moderators

I love this picture, the love is so apparent.  I feel we are witness to a very precious moment.  AJW is right, it'll be important to give your other dogs attention.  When my husband died, my whippet really grieved, it took my daughter to point it out as I was in shock and not very cognizant, but I made effort to give Lucky extra attention after that.  So hard for them as they can't voice how they're feeling in words like we can, they can demonstrate it in destructive behavior or neediness.

• Moderators

Every time I look at your dog's sweet face it gets to my heart.  How are your other dogs doing?

• Members

My baby died suddenly  from stroke while in Dr .Gino care and he is alovelyand handsome boy i didnt  even get  to say good bye  to him as he  died within  minutes.i messed  it up as i was too buisy with  high court matters where my brother started a case over a flat thats not worth any profit  nd i had n olawyer  and was trying to  weite  best affidvait and defence for  myself  and i lost my baby as i did not bring him to vet often i should as he is a kidney patient  i am so scared  without him  

i see him  everywhere and i am sick from crying and  its too painful  to bear and i cant go on with  case  or my life

i cant find one credible animal communicator that someone can recommend confidently i need  a real good one and anyone know a shaman i need help too .

• Members
On 5/14/2018 at 9:25 PM, jacquelina said:

it just gets so painful  he was all i have and he loved me so much and kept himself alive for me .The two senior nurses at clinic kept saying he is doing better and ask me not to worry so i did not even go and see my baby for two days as i had to hand in my afafidvait on friday if not the plaintiff lawyers will ask insistently the registrar  to impose costs on me and now this happened i feel so terrible and i feel so guilty and i feel like going with my baby .he will be so alone without me .i am in so much of pain that  i wish i am dead 

• Members

i dont have any other dogs they passed away 5 years ago as  i was too busy getting  over my mom  loss and my job and not much  time to see what the  two are doing  and  my baby stayed with  me all  his life and now  i lost  him as i had not take good care of him when  he was ageing and needed me .i want to talk to him  and tell him i want so much go with him and ask him  towait so  i am desperately looking  for a  animal communicator psychic  and i want a real  good one as  its for my baby and i will pay what they ask 

• Moderators

@babyboy  What you are feeling is grief, it can feel very intense in the beginning.  I encourage you to give yourself time to make your way through this.  

I felt as you did when my husband died nearly 13 years ago.  I didn't see how I could live a week without him, let alone the rest of my life.  I wrote the following based on my 12 year journey, and even though it was written with my husband's death in mind, grief is grief, and it's not so much who we love, but that we do love deeply...and are feeling the loss.  Learning to get through it can be an art.

TIPS TO MAKE YOUR WAY THROUGH GRIEF

There's no way to sum up how to go on in a simple easy answer, but I encourage you to read the other threads here, little by little you will learn how to make your way through this.  I do want to give you some pointers though, of some things I've learned on my journey.

• Take one day at a time.  The Bible says each day has enough trouble of it's own, I've found that to be true, so don't bite off more than you can chew.  It can be challenging enough just to tackle today.  I tell myself, I only have to get through today.  Then I get up tomorrow and do it all over again.  To think about the "rest of my life" invites anxiety.
  • Don't be afraid, grief may not end but it evolves.  The intensity lessens eventually.
  • Visit your doctor.  Tell them about your loss, any troubles sleeping, suicidal thoughts, anxiety attacks.  They need to know these things in order to help you through it...this is all part of grief.
  • Suicidal thoughts are common in early grief.  If they're reoccurring, call a suicide hotline.  I felt that way early on, but then realized it wasn't that I wanted to die so much as I didn't want to go through what I'd have to face if I lived.  Back to taking a day at a time.
  • Give yourself permission to smile.  It is not our grief that binds us to them, but our love, and that continues still.
  • Try not to isolate too much.  
  • There's a balance to reach between taking time to process our grief, and avoiding it...it's good to find that balance for yourself.  We can't keep so busy as to avoid our grief, it has a way of haunting us, finding us, and demanding we pay attention to it!  Some people set aside time every day to grieve.  I didn't have to, it searched and found me!
  • Self-care is extremely important, more so than ever.  That person that would have cared for you is gone, now you're it...learn to be your own best friend, your own advocate, practice self-care.  You'll need it more than ever.
  • Recognize that your doctor isn't trained in grief, find a professional grief counselor that is.  We need help finding ourselves through this maze of grief, knowing where to start, etc.  They have not only the knowledge, but the resources.
  • In time, consider a grief support group.  If your friends have not been through it themselves, they may not understand what you're going through, it helps to find someone somewhere who DOES "get it". 
  • Be patient, give yourself time.  There's no hurry or timetable about cleaning out belongings, etc.  They can wait, you can take a year, ten years, or never deal with it.  It's okay, it's what YOU are comfortable with that matters.  
  • Know that what we are comfortable with may change from time to time.  That first couple of years I put his pictures up, took them down, up, down, depending on whether it made me feel better or worse.  Finally, they were up to stay.
  • Consider a pet.  Not everyone is a pet fan, but I've found that my dog helps immensely.  It's someone to love, someone to come home to, someone happy to see me, someone that gives me a purpose...I have to come home and feed him.  Besides, they're known to relieve stress.  Well maybe not in the puppy stage when they're chewing up everything, but there's older ones to adopt if you don't relish that stage.
  • Make yourself get out now and then.  You may not feel interest in anything, things that interested you before seem to feel flat now.  That's normal.  Push yourself out of your comfort zone just a wee bit now and then.  Eating out alone, going to a movie alone or church alone, all of these things are hard to do at first.  You may feel you flunked at it, cried throughout, that's okay, you did it, you tried, and eventually you get a little better at it.  If I waited until I had someone to do things with I'd be stuck at home a lot.
  • Keep coming here.  We've been through it and we're all going through this together.
  • Look for joy in every day.  It will be hard to find at first, but in practicing this, it will change your focus so you can embrace what IS rather than merely focusing on what ISN'T.  It teaches you to live in the present and appreciate fully.  You have lost your big joy in life, and all other small joys may seem insignificant in comparison, but rather than compare what used to be to what is, learn the ability to appreciate each and every small thing that comes your way...a rainbow, a phone call from a friend, unexpected money, a stranger smiling at you, whatever the small joy, embrace it.  It's an art that takes practice and is life changing if you continue it.
  • Eventually consider volunteering.  It helps us when we're outward focused, it's a win/win.

(((hugs))) Praying for you today.

• Members

thank you  so much he is my baby my best friend and my everything and he loves me so much thatb he only  eats and drink if i am  around and  i just want  to go  with him i feel the same pain  when my mom  left .i cant do this i need my baby prince with  me  i miss him so much i am dying inside .pls i need to talk to him.Do  anyone know a good person  to help my baby and me .someboidy  pls help me  

• Members

I am so so sorry for you loss. It is so painful, I have been where you are. If you believe his spirit is still with you, to comfort you, perhaps you could find a place to be alone and speak directly to him. Tell him how much you love and miss and thank him for the wonderful life you had together. 

Archived