Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My brother

Whitey

• Members

I lost my brother a few months ago. We were so close. 

Been struggling so much, can’t talk about it. It’s his inquest tomorrow. 

Can anyone help or relate? Just found this site and I need help. Please. 

• Members

Dear Whitey,

I'm sorry for your loss. I know its an incredibly difficult time. I'm so sorry I don't have any experience with an inquest, but I hope others will step forward to share their experience with you.

I don't know if these sites might be able to offer more help:

What's Your Grief

The Grief Healing Blog

Grief in Common

Take care. Thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

Whitey,

Yes, I definitely relate. I’m so sorry for your loss and heartache you must feel. I have lost two brothers. My brother “B” died on November 27th, 2017. We were 2years apart and it’s an extremely profound emotional thing. I feel like I lost my heart. When your entire being is connected to a person, with all the memories and growing up together it’s hard to put the feelings in to words sometimes. It can be hard to get your footing. I feel a lot of different emotions at different times and also that in everyday life it’s sometimes hard to relate to other people who haven’t walked that path. It’s ok they haven’t because I don’t and wouldn’t want others to have to experience that kind of pain. This forum is a good place to find people who understand. I remind myself my feelings are normal and ok because I loved him so deeply. I also share on this forum to release everything and know I’m not alone. Everyone’s grief is different and individual, but please know you are not alone and can share here.

Hugs,

Nicole

• Members

Whitey, 

My brother also had to have an inquest. It was difficult. My brother choked on food while he was at a restaurant alone and lost consciousness. He went into a coma and died a week later. We were with him while he was in a coma, but it was very difficult for me to know he was alone when he died. Because it was an accidental death confused by a pre-existing condition, he had to have an autopsy. I realize this is very different from a violent murder. But it was a terrible terrible week that ended in a terrible way, and an autopsy can offer some closure, even in a difficult way. I can't imagine what I'm saying makes you feel any better, but things were just very out of control and not being able to help my brother was horrible.

Archived