Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My sister

Sbirdif

• Members

I recently lost my sister in a motorcycle accident. She is 3 years older than me. I was with her on the trip. She was a new rider and it was her first time on the hwy. There was 6 of us total including her husband of 28 yrs. It was a beautiful day. We took pictures at our first stop. We were smiling, laughing, hugging, and were having a good time. 

Ok, I'm probably going to sound crazy to a lot of you but this is my experience.

I didn't see the signs until after her death. I don't think I was suppose to at the time.

My 2 sister's and I are very close. We spoke almost daily. If a few days went by and we didn't speak, one of us would hit up the group text just to say hi and then a conversation would strike up that lasted most the day between the 3 of us.

A week before her death I recieved a funeral brochure in the mail from a local funeral home. I laughed and said, I'm not ready to plan my funeral and threw it in the garbage. My surviving sister then sent a text to the group asking my other sister "when are you going to pass I want to come with you". My dad had been in the hospital having exploratory surgery for a severe stomach ache. So I knew her phone had changed Dads to "pass". Still to this day neither of us know how it could have confused the 2 words. So my sister replied and said what? Pass? We all laughed at the spell check error.

My sister growing up had a best friend that committed suicide at a very young age and she often spoke of him through out her life. 

After the funeral my sister sent me a screenshot of a missed call she received the day before my sister's death. The name was of my sisters friend that committed suicide. First and last name. She said it was her doctors office but it had never came up on her caller ID like that. Strange indeed I told her.

The day of the accident we stopped at are usual pit stop before continuing on our trip. My sister also lost another best friend a few years ago that was stuck by a truck crossing the street. She was distraught by his passing that she would talk about him and bring up memories. She told me, "Mike would be so proud of me for riding my own bike". I told her, I bet he is with you now smiling down on you. 

We stood outside and took a few group photos and continued to get back on our bikes. 

15 minutes into the ride she struck a guard rail.

At the hospital several of us were standing outside the ER. My boyfriend was hugging me while I cried. I turned around and got De Je Vue (not sure how to spell it) I said it outloud because it was so strange. Obviously I'd never been in this type of situation so it couldn't possibly be familiar to me.

She lived long enough at the hospital that we were able to say to say our goodbyes. In spirit she was able to tell a couple people in the waiting room that she was "okay". My other sister said she heard her voice 6 times saying "I love you" to everyone that was hugging her before we took her off life support.

The funeral home her husband chose was the same funeral home that I'd received the brochure from the week before...

I dont think there is a traditional God that looks like a man. I believe the universe sends us signs and that parallel universes exist. There is something out there bigger than us. I feel she is living and loving life somewhere else. I miss her, I hurt for her husband and children and myself. I take comfort that she is still here, watching and guiding us. She is simply moved on from this pit stop and graduated to the next level of eternity

• Members

Dear Sbirdif,

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved sister.

What a beautiful relationship you have with her. Thank you for sharing your experience and perspective with us. I take a lot of comfort from your words.

Thinking of you and your family during this sad time.

Sending all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

I’m sorry for the loss of your sister. Sounds like an amazing lady just like you. I think she is an angel watching over you right now, especially by the signs. 

My brother is an angel. A recent one. Hope you find some peace in your heartache xx

• Members

Thank you for sharing all of the amazing signs from the future and past that help us understand that this material world is still malleable and there is more going on than we can see. I feel the same way. My brother has sent me and his friends so many signs. These remind me to have faith. I lost my brother May 9. He was 51. I am very confused. xxx

Archived