Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mozzy

KayC

• Moderators

Everything I posted about Mozzy is gone so to those of you who saw the original post, I want to share the outcome.  Mozzy was my granddoggy...she killed my son's neighbor's chickens and needed rehomed.  I felt the loss since I didn't know the last time I saw her that it would be the last time I saw her, she's been in the family for nearly six years and is such a sweet girl.  White German Shepherd and Husky mix.

They found a new home for her within 2-3 days and she is now settled in with her new owner, in another state.  He's already taking her on hikes and she's loving the one on one attention.  Here's some pictures of her looking happy with her new owner

Mozzy new owner 1.jpg

Mozzy new owner 2.jpg

• Members

Ok Ok o Ok so I replied to this before the update that lost all our recent chat so let's' try again, lol.

Aww how sweet that "the new guy" gave such an awesome update for you all. They do look like a perfect pair don't they :)  And the backpack for mozzy is awesome. I hope it continues to work out...3rd time is a charm they say. I hope him sharing their hiking adventure provides some comfort to the family that they made the best decision. Mozzy looks like he is enjoying the great outdoors!

It would have been nice for you to have a chance for a goodbye. Sorry you didn't get to have one and feel sad. Hugs. Knowing he may get to have a lot of new adventures will hopefully help soften it some. 

• Moderators

I'd thought about driving down there (they're 2 1/2 hours away) but then she got rehomed before that could happen (it was right when I was preparing and having my sister's celebration of life).  Mozzy was such a sweet girl, I can't even imagine her killing chickens but I guess it's instinctual.

• Members

Oh thank goodness, a happy ending - we all need this! I can't imagine chickens are all that hearty either, probably didn't take much. Love the pictures. 

• Moderators

I think when dogs do this with birds or chickens, they grab them by the neck and shake them real hard, which breaks their neck.  Most of the time it's pretty quick.  Cats, on the other hand, can torment their prey to death, they have fun with it, it's a game.  I don't think it's that they're vicious so much as they have these built in instincts as part of their survival makeup.

Archived