Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost Threads and Posts

KayC

• Moderators

I know how devastating it is to pour your hearts out, especially those of you new in your journey, only to have that record of your heart's outpouring gone.  It's frustrating, it feels like another loss, and it is.  

Please know that we all care to hear what you're feeling, your experiences, do your best to re-create what you've already written.  I know it's impossible to pour it out with the same passion you felt in the moment.  I know some of it will be lost and I'm very sorry for that.  For those of us regularly posting, we like to go back and re-read, ferret out something we remember that someone said, and when it's gone we can't do that.  It's a loss felt by all.

You're not alone in your feelings, those hardest hit are the newer ones, we are truly sorry.  We want to hear what you have to say.  In our age of IT, I guess it's to be expected that sometimes things go wrong or mistakes made.  I have been on grief forums for the last 13 years and my entire story was documented, those first couple of years especially were a documentation of my story...one day they decided make some changes to who runs the web and suddenly everything was gone. It wasn't actually gone gone, but you couldn't find it.  The search engines did a poor job of what they found and didn't find and it was no longer easily available as we were used to.  For all intent and purposes I couldn't just call it up or go back and read my early days, not without a lot of time and effort and even then, it wasn't all apparent.  I do know how you're feeling.  Sometimes I wish I'd saved all my posts on my own computer, but that would have been cumbersome.  To their credit, they do us an invaluable service of making this place available to us, it's so important to be able to connect with each other and not walk this walk totally alone.  I don't know what I'd do without it, without each of you.

• Members

Hi Kay,you are always very good at finding the right words.For many members it will be very upsetting that many posts have been lost.But lets all stay here on this forum and continue where we left.This forum is indeed an invaluable service.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Tineke H said:

This forum is indeed an invaluable service.

Exactly!

• Members

KayC

I've may been absent in texting but not in my feelings for this website or the persons who visit it.  I will never forget the comfort it gave me in dealing with the lost of my husband and don't know where I'd be without it.  I'm happy to report that I'm in a good place - a place where I didn't realized existed.  My God has shown me that and even though I may not know what my future holds, HE holds my future.

KayC, you have always been a source of strength for all on this  website - its your calling - and I pray you continue to do what God has called you to do - giving hope and comfort to others. I'm glad to call u my sister in Christ.

• Moderators

Ahh, thank you, Francine.  I believe it is too.  It's good to hear from you, and I'm glad you're doing well.  It's good for others here to know that our lives do not stay in that horrid devastating shock and intensity of pain as in the beginning.  it is a process and it does take a while to make our way through it, but to anyone going through it, I'd tell them to keep going, don't give up.  There is life after...never like it was before.  The key is resilience and I've found that by embracing the good that exists and not focusing merely on our loss, we can be resilient even in this.

• Moderators

Yeah, they did some kind of upgrading with the website and the last few weeks disappeared.

• Guests
Guest Kate M

Our sincere apologies about the lost posts. I too know how frustrating and heartbreaking it can be to pour out your heart, hoping for a connection and support on all you've said, only to have it disappear. 

This glitch was beyond our control – it happened at the software development & external server level when we ran a standard update. There should have only been 48 hours or so lost – to the best of our knowledge.

Again, our apologies about this. We're working to ensure it doesn't happen in the future... but somethings our out of our control (as we all know). 

Thanks for understanding.

~ModKate

• Moderators

I think there was more than two days lost, but regardless, we know it's beyond your control and just appreciate this place being here for us.  I started my thread because I knew it might be particularly distressing to newer ones who poured their heart out in the moment...only to have it disappear...and I didn't want them to give up here but to continue on.

We appreciate everything you do on our behalf.

• Moderators

Right after coming here I was told my IP was blacklisted.  I couldn't understand what I did wrong!

• Members
Sunflower2
16 hours ago, KayC said:

Right after coming here I was told my IP was blacklisted.  I couldn't understand what I did wrong!

I know I kept asking myself if I offended someone or said something inappropriate or harsh. yikes. I wish there was a safety net when this happens or a contact person because you cant access the site.

• Moderators

I know, I tried writing to their email address but it doesn't accept incoming emails so I was just stuck.  No phone number to call either!  On my other site I have the administrator's email address and I know a lot of people's contact information so if something comes up I can contact someone to find out if it's the website or just me.

• Members
Sunflower2
23 hours ago, KayC said:

I know, I tried writing to their email address but it doesn't accept incoming emails so I was just stuck.  No phone number to call either!  On my other site I have the administrator's email address and I know a lot of people's contact information so if something comes up I can contact someone to find out if it's the website or just me.

so suggestions who I can contact.???  I'm just not getting easy access.  this is the only online support I'm in and its enough.  don't want to switch over

• Moderators

Honestly, I don't know what to do if anything should happen like this again, it was scary!  I wish a moderator would cue us in...

Perhaps write to the "contact us" and see if they reply...

• Members
Sunflower2
3 hours ago, KayC said:

Honestly, I don't know what to do if anything should happen like this again, it was scary!  I wish a moderator would cue us in...

Perhaps write to the "contact us" and see if they reply...

I was hoping the moderator would magically respond so the entire forum has the information. :)

Archived