Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Urn necklace???

Jenn4

• Members

Ok.. I don’t know if I sound weird even thinking about doing this...

Recently my BF’s family decided that they will be sending down some of his ashes for me to keep or spread. I’m thinking I will try to do some type of memorial service for him because he didn’t get one. I have seen so many ads about cremation “jewelry”... most likely because I’m looking up things for memorials.

It sounds weird right? Right? But then...

Ok... advice please! Has anyone else ever got urn pendants or rings ? 

A part of me loves the idea of having him with me everywhere I go... another part of me thinks...ur crazy to wear a part of him around ur neck ...those are his ashes!

• Moderators

I hadn't heard of such a thing in time to save out some of his ashes for that or I would have.  I waited two years to spread his ashes but I dearly wish I had ANY part of him now.

• Members

You do want feels right for you.  This idea is a beautiful way for many to stay connected.  I still have some of his ashes that his family "shared" with me.  Right now they are next to my bed.  I haven't purchased a container yet but you now have opened a door for other possibilities.  If it feels right go for it.  You have given me an idea because I've been revisiting on ways I can symbolically have him with me.  choices were a penchant or a simple plain gold band.  Grief is unique.  

• Members

I think I’m going to get it... 

the idea of having him with me all the time and wearing him close to my heart seems like a good idea. I just didn’t know if it would be weird...

• Members

I’m getting cremation diamonds made for me and my girls from his ashes. We can have them forever. 

30A172DC-0D51-4A44-9197-E0AE96E7E784.jpeg

• Members

No idea is a bad idea.  Do what your heart desires.  It's better to try something now while its calling for you than to think about it down the line, wishing that you had done it.  If you don't end up wearing it, you can always keep it in a special place at home.  I think it's a wonderful idea.

• Members

I just purchased one myself for a small portion of my girlfriend's ashes.  I got a sterling silver treble clef cause of the deep connection we both had for music and the impact it had on our lives.  Just knowing that a small part of her will always be with me I feel will give me comfort.  If this is something that you feel will help I say go for it.  It must be pretty popular cause when researching to find the right one for me their were literally hundreds to choose from amongst dozens of sites ranging from cheap to the ridiculously expensive.  

• Members
13 hours ago, Lisaislost said:

I’m getting cremation diamonds made for me and my girls from his ashes. We can have them forever. 

30A172DC-0D51-4A44-9197-E0AE96E7E784.jpeg

That is so cool!

• Members

Hi guys,I have scattered my husbands ashes in various places that were important to both him and me.I have kept a small amount in a zip lock bag inside a small box and that goes with me.It 'sleeps' with me in bed at night.Very comforting.

• Moderators

I love it...I almost regret having scattered his ashes because I can't have them back, but I did so at our home that he loved and I know he would love this being his "final resting place".  The only bad thing is if I ever have to sell this place because I'm too old to live on my own here...

• Members

volunteering is what I'm leaning toward.  The place I'm interested has an 8 page application with background check.  This is where my heart is to service.  Not up to the paperwork yet but have easier options.  Thank you. 

Wayne had a home. I had the condo. The home actually was left to him and his brother with stipulations as to when it could be sold.  That was a toxic situation that I removed myself from years ago .  That  part of the estate was in the process of being set up in a will for his brother and myself.  The son came and locked everyone out.  The assets are in probate.  The brother chose to walk away.  I chose to walk away.  These scenarios happen. My health and peace of mind was a priority. There wasn't a price tag on the loss of Wayne.  I walked away with a relationship his son will never experience.  In time I will be so far removed from that evilness.  

• Members

This is the one I ordered.  The one I did want was a companion necklace with two holes so I could put a lock of my hair in with it but they kept giving me the runaround of when it would be back in stock and I got tired of waiting.  

10991.trebleclefhearts_lrg_0.jpg

• Members

I think its a beautiful idea, i was going to get a necklace but then became to worried id accidentially smash the glass  by bending down or it would get stolen so i got my fiances ashes mixed in with a tattoo dedicated for him and i plan on getting one with ashes across my heart.

Screenshot_20180228-135828.png

• Members
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:44 PM, floyd11554 said:

I just purchased one myself for a small portion of my girlfriend's ashes.  I got a sterling silver treble clef cause of the deep connection we both had for music and the impact it had on our lives.  Just knowing that a small part of her will always be with me I feel will give me comfort.  If this is something that you feel will help I say go for it.  It must be pretty popular cause when researching to find the right one for me their were literally hundreds to choose from amongst dozens of sites ranging from cheap to the ridiculously expensive.  

@Floyd11554  that is beautiful!!!!  I went online yesterday and found the options so overwhelming.  I'm not an online shopper.  I did narrow it down to a necklace.  If anyone can narrow my search to a reputable site I'd appreciate it.  Right now I can't even narrow it down to a piece that would represent our connection as you did other than a plump full heart. :)

• Members
8 hours ago, Darkangel97 said:

I think its a beautiful idea, i was going to get a necklace but then became to worried id accidentially smash the glass  by bending down or it would get stolen so i got my fiances ashes mixed in with a tattoo dedicated for him and i plan on getting one with ashes across my heart.

Screenshot_20180228-135828.png

This you need to explain.  You actually had the ashes mixed in with the ink?  I was thinking of a tiny tattoo on the back of my neck last spring to honor our connection,  

• Members
6 hours ago, Sunflower2 said:

This you need to explain.  You actually had the ashes mixed in with the ink?  I was thinking of a tiny tattoo on the back of my neck last spring to honor our connection,  It never happened.

Yep, suprised though how much she put in and mixed for a bit, you cant get any infections or anything. You should get the tattoo and if you want the ashes added you should, i feel so much closer to him now.

• Members
1 hour ago, Darkangel97 said:

Yep, suprised though how much she put in and mixed for a bit, you cant get any infections or anything. You should get the tattoo and if you want the ashes added you should, i feel so much closer to him now

adding to my options!!!!  Thank you!!! So interesting Darkangel197!  

• Members
7 hours ago, KayC said:

I love the fingerprint idea.  So many options!

I'm amazed at these ideas and options!  I'm enjoying each one shared!  :)

• Members
11 hours ago, Sunflower2 said:

@Floyd11554  that is beautiful!!!!  I went online yesterday and found the options so overwhelming.  I'm not an online shopper.  I did narrow it down to a necklace.  If anyone can narrow my search to a reputable site I'd appreciate it.  Right now I can't even narrow it down to a piece that would represent our connection as you did other than a plump full heart. :)

perfectmemorials.com was where I ordered mine.  I liked their selection and pricing. They had a ton of different stuff that I think you can find to make more personal.  You can also add a birthstone to it (which I did) and get engraving done.  I can't speak of the quality though till I get it either at the end of the week or the beginning of next week.  I will let you know what I think when it arrives. 

• Members

After my wife died, I shipped one of her Kilns that she did glass work with. To a friend in Colorado, that friend in turn made the glass urns that you are talking about for me here is a picture of it .The black in it is her remains. 

Message_1485366872064.jpg

• Members
Darkangel97
13 hours ago, Sunflower2 said:

adding to my options!!!!  Thank you!!! So interesting Darkangel197!  

Its honestly amazing. Didnt even know you could get it done.

• Members
22 hours ago, floyd11554 said:

perfectmemorials.com was where I ordered mine.  I liked their selection and pricing. They had a ton of different stuff that I think you can find to make more personal.  You can also add a birthstone to it (which I did) and get engraving done.  I can't speak of the quality though till I get it either at the end of the week or the beginning of next week.  I will let you know what I think when it arrives. 

Thanks!  Cant wait to hear!!!!

• Members

I received his ashes today and now I’m just waiting on the necklace that I ordered. All the different ideas and everything were so great to hear. I don’t think I say this enough, but u guys make me feel normal. 

• Moderators

I'm glad you're all able to order something that will allow you to keep them close to you and pray it brings you some comfort.  I really wish I'd done something like this but didn't know about it until it was too late.

• Members
6 hours ago, Jenn4 said:

I received his ashes today and now I’m just waiting on the necklace that I ordered. All the different ideas and everything were so great to hear. I don’t think I say this enough, but u guys make me feel normal. 

agree xo

• Members
16 hours ago, KayC said:

I'm glad you're all able to order something that will allow you to keep them close to you and pray it brings you some comfort.  I really wish I'd done something like this but didn't know about it until it was too late.

Thank you. I’m sure that stuff now have become a lot more mainstream in the last couple of years. I really didn’t know about it until I got ads popping up everywhere. 

• Members
On 2/27/2018 at 3:41 PM, Idwfb said:

I have a necklace with Some of my husbands ashes and it also has his fingerprint in it. 

IMG_5655.JPG

That’s is so beautiful. 

Archived