Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Mother Passed Away!

elong1969

• Members

My Mother started getting sick in March 2010 and had to be rushed by ambulance in July 2010. She was diagnosed with lung hypertension and congestive heart failure. She also had several other issues going on. She lived only two months after this. She died on September 6, 2010 with my husband and I beside her bedside. I am happy that she did not die along but I can not get her dying out of my head. I had a feeling just by being with her alot that she was not going to make it but I felt at least if I could just have one more Christmas with her that would be great. However she did not make it.

She was mother and my best friend. I have a deep void in my life and feel it will never be the same. How does someone deal with this feeling.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

• Members

My Mother started getting sick in March 2010 and had to be rushed by ambulance in July 2010. She was diagnosed with lung hypertension and congestive heart failure. She also had several other issues going on. She lived only two months after this. She died on September 6, 2010 with my husband and I beside her bedside. I am happy that she did not die along but I can not get her dying out of my head. I had a feeling just by being with her alot that she was not going to make it but I felt at least if I could just have one more Christmas with her that would be great. However she did not make it.

She was mother and my best friend. I have a deep void in my life and feel it will never be the same. How does someone deal with this feeling.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

First off, I want to tell you I am very sorry about the passing of your mother. I watched my father die, and it was an unpleasant experience, but one that I would never want to trade because it was such a profound experience. At first, I couldn't stop thinking about how he died; I relived every second of it over and over and over. After a few months, however, I began to remember other things about Dad--happy things and other sad things. It's been a little over a year, and I can now think of Dad and smile or laugh, even though I'm still tinged with sadness because I miss him. I will never stop missing him.

So, I said all of that to say that eventually, that particular memory will begin to blend in with all the happy and wonderful memories of your mom. It will just take time.

You get by one hour at a time, one day at a time until you little by little begin to find pleasures and happiness. Your life will never be the same because you lost such a cherished, precious person in your life. You will be able to forge a new happiness all the while never forgetting her.

I want to welcome you here. There are many many people who have lost their parents. They will be able to offer you support and encouragement as you travel this grief journey.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi Elizabeth,

I know how you feel, my mom was diagnosed with cancer and it took her within 3 months. I was at her side everystep of the illness and we became extremely close, we were partners in fighting the cancer and keeping the families spirits high. My mom went through a tramatic death, and it was very hard to watch and even harder to forget. It's been a little over a year now, and it's still hard but not all the time. The first Christmas without her was so difficult, you just want more memories. The sadness is very hard to deal with but someone on this message board gave me good advice. Talk to your mom out loud when your alone, i find it helps, but everyones different. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Summer

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Archived