Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

A month since my daughters Death

Crystal16

• Members

My name is Crystal and I'm new to this website. I had a sister in Christ send me this link to try and help ease my insurmountable pain. My daughter Ashlee was taking from me a month ago today. She was 15 years old and had a flair for life. She loved hard and played even harder. Ashlee loved to help people who could not defend themselves. She was a loving daughter, a caring sister who cared for everyone she came across with a gentle but motherly firm personality. Ashlee was shot and killled by her boyfriend, Dylan who she trusted her life "and gave her life" to. My life is spinning out of control. I need to talk to other parents who can relate as everyone around me is so supportive but have no idea what I am going through emotionally. Thanks and I hope to chat with you soon.

Crystal

• Guests
Guest msnher

Hi Crystal - I am so sorry for the sudden, violent death of your beautiful daughter, Ashlee! My 28yr old daughter, Stephanie, was killed in an ATV accident on 8-9-09. She left behind three young children whom my husband and I are raising.

You have come to the right place for support, comfort and validation. Many of us "talk" on the loss of an adult child site. Please visit us there and tell us all about your Ashlee.

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members

Hi Crystal,

I'm so incredibly sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter Ashlee. I lost my 25 y/o son to a motorcycle accident one week after your daughter was taken and know the "insurmountable" pain you've mentioned. I'm glad to hear you have some support around you but also understand, no matter how well-meaning, others are almost as lost as we are as to what to do.

I'm afraid I don't have a lot of advice to offer except to agree with Susannah in saying please join us at the loss of adult child site. It's full of kind, wonderful people who do understand and will welcome you as they did me. It's seems to have become the one place I don't feel alone in the pain. I'm glad your friend showed you the way here.

Take special care. <3 Karen

• Members

Hi Crystal,

I'm so incredibly sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter Ashlee. I lost my 25 y/o son to a motorcycle accident one week after your daughter was taken and know the "insurmountable" pain you've mentioned. I'm glad to hear you have some support around you but also understand, no matter how well-meaning, others are almost as lost as we are as to what to do.

I'm afraid I don't have a lot of advice to offer except to agree with Susannah in saying please join us at the loss of adult child site. It's full of kind, wonderful people who do understand and will welcome you as they did me. It's seems to have become the one place I don't feel alone in the pain. I'm glad your friend showed you the way here.

Take special care. <3 Karen

Thank you Karen,

I will look into that forum.

• Members

You're very welcome and I'll look for you there. We aren't hard to find, you're in the right place, when you enter these forums just look for the topic "Loss of an adult child" and you'll find us all there. Many of us list our private emails as well so if you're not comfortable posting yet feel free to email if you'd like.

• Members

Hi Crystal

I am so very sorry to hear about your dreadful loss. Hearing how Ashlee loved life and had such love for her family I feel as if I know her a little already Your loss is so very hard to understand and carry. You have found a wonderful place, filled with parents who understand the grief and pain of losing a child

I lost my only child Stephen 3 years ago and I believe this site saved my sanity and life. Please post a picture of Ashlee and keep coming back and sharing

• Members

My name is Crystal and I'm new to this website. I had a sister in Christ send me this link to try and help ease my insurmountable pain. My daughter Ashlee was taking from me a month ago today. She was 15 years old and had a flair for life. She loved hard and played even harder. Ashlee loved to help people who could not defend themselves. She was a loving daughter, a caring sister who cared for everyone she came across with a gentle but motherly firm personality. Ashlee was shot and killled by her boyfriend, Dylan who she trusted her life "and gave her life" to. My life is spinning out of control. I need to talk to other parents who can relate as everyone around me is so supportive but have no idea what I am going through emotionally. Thanks and I hope to chat with you soon.

Crystal

Crystal,

I can't describe how terribly sorry I am for such a horrific ordeal that you and your family have suffered. We are so happy you have found us--there are many people who have lost their precious children, and they will be able to offer support and encouragement in a way others simply cannot. We are always willing to listen and be here.

I wish you the best,

ModKonnie

• Members

Crystal

So sorry for the loss of your 15 year old daughter. My 15 year old son died on September 9, its almost been 2 months now, and no easier now than it was then. He was the light of my life. My baby. A charmer, just like your daughter sounds (he went to the senior prom as a freshman!). He could make anyone smile and was a freind to all. He was a gifted athlete and was a leader in his class. Over a thousand turned out for his funeral and one of the things that eases my heart is knowing how much he was loved. It sounds like your daughter was very similar. There is no easy way through this I have found. My son's death was sudden as well (a boating accident on labor day weekend). My son's death was an accident, although the driver of the other boat was speeding and following him too close and ran over his boat, but I can't imagine knowing that someone took a life deliberately. My heart goes out to you. Not a day goes by that I don't cry my eyes out at least a few times. I can imagine you have the same thoughts I do ... Not only do I just miss my son terribly (he was the best company, we had coffee dates twice a week when I drove him to school), but I also cry for those things that he will never get to experience since he was so young. Really their are two things that get me through the day (or I don't know if I could). One is trying to stay strong for his brother (who at 17 was his best freind) and his sister (20). The other thing is being out on Facebook and since I was his freinds, reading all the wonderful messages people still continue to send him almost 2 mths after his death. Talking about him helps too, so if you want to just reply and tell me about her, that could help. I know what you are going through.

Carla (Nicks mother)

Archived