Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I miss my daddy dearly.

hayleyy

• Members

This is my second time posting .. so im fairly new to this . I lost my dad last thursday & it feels like months have gone by.. why does it still feel like a dream ? why does time go by slower ? will it always be like this ? My dad and i were so very close... i just still dont want to accept the fact that hes gone. I even already saw him and gave my last words and hugs goodbye.. and i even went to the service. & it still feels like a dream ! People say that it gets better but its getting harder day by day it seems like. Does it really get better or do they just say that ?

& the creepy thing is that , i turned 15 on August 16th this year, My dad had me when he was 15 years old. He died on the 16th of September ( a month after my bday ) while im 15. ( died a month after i turned 15 ) . was it ment to happen ? do you think everyone has a date to die ? I wish i could hug him again.. hear him tell me he loves me or give me signs that hes watching over me.. something ! This sucks. I really wish this was all a dream that i could wake up from.

• Members

This is my second time posting .. so im fairly new to this . I lost my dad last thursday & it feels like months have gone by.. why does it still feel like a dream ? why does time go by slower ? will it always be like this ? My dad and i were so very close... i just still dont want to accept the fact that hes gone. I even already saw him and gave my last words and hugs goodbye.. and i even went to the service. & it still feels like a dream ! People say that it gets better but its getting harder day by day it seems like. Does it really get better or do they just say that ?

& the creepy thing is that , i turned 15 on August 16th this year, My dad had me when he was 15 years old. He died on the 16th of September ( a month after my bday ) while im 15. ( died a month after i turned 15 ) . was it ment to happen ? do you think everyone has a date to die ? I wish i could hug him again.. hear him tell me he loves me or give me signs that hes watching over me.. something ! This sucks. I really wish this was all a dream that i could wake up from.

Hi Hayleyy,

Well, first of all, let me wish you a belated happy birthday! My son's birthday and my mother's birthday are both on August 16. That's just a great day, I guess.

As for the second question--I believe that when it's time to die, it's time. I'm not sure how it all works, but somehow I find comfort in believing that.

For awhile, things might feel tougher because it is just starting to sink in. But, things do eventually get better. I know that you miss him, and wish he could hug you. Are you talking to other people? Have you gone back to school yet? How's your family doing with your dad's passing?

Take care,

ModKonnie

Archived