Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Last night marked the first anniversary....

ModKonnie

• Members

I don't think I will ever be able to forget almost every minute of August 21, 2009. That's the day I sat by my father's bedside with my brothers and sisters, my mother and many of my father's family members and sadly waited for Dad to die. We knew it was coming, but it doesn't seem to make it any easier when it actually happens. He was ill, he was in pain, he was miserable, but the moment he died I missed him.

It's been a year. Yesterday, I went about my regular Saturday routine, but my heart ached. Last night, I walked for miles with my sister and we briefly talked about what we were doing at the exact same time an entire year ago. We were both too sad and reflective to do much talking.

I know Dad is in a better place, but I miss talking to him. I can't believe I haven't talked to him in an entire year. I will always miss him. I loved my Dad. I still do.

Konnie

• Members
thecrowsdaughter

Hugs. I wish I could say that the anniversary's get easier but after 2 so far I cannot. Actually I think the 2nd was harder...maybe because I was still in shock for the 1st. Either way...its a hard day to walk through and I just wanted to say I get it. Take care

• Members

Hugs. I wish I could say that the anniversary's get easier but after 2 so far I cannot. Actually I think the 2nd was harder...maybe because I was still in shock for the 1st. Either way...its a hard day to walk through and I just wanted to say I get it. Take care

Thank you. I miss him. It's hard to believe it's been over a year since I talked to my dad. Sometimes it is really tough, but I know he is in a better place. It was harder for my husband on the second year his mother had passed. He went through a crisis over it.

Konnie

Archived