Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

cancer did it again

chasnrosa

• Members

Well, it will be 3 weeks Monday since my husband died of cancer. I just had to put my 9 year old golden retriever to sleep today because he had cancer on his gums that was eating away at his jaw. Fml seriously. I had this dog since he was 6 weeks old. He was my baby. Thanks a lot, cancer. 

• Members

I'm so sorry, chasnrosa. When you think life cannot possibly get worse, it does. I cannot imagine the pain of losing your fur buddy so soon after your husband. I bet he gave you unconditional love, support and comfort to you. i have our cat and dog here. They are in their senior years and all that is left of our little family. Someday, they will leave and join my husband in Heaven. I'm dreading that time. Sending prayers out to you.:wub:

• Moderators

chasnrosa,

I'm so sorry.  I am so sorry, I know that must have been beyond hard for you.  I have a dog 1/2 Golden Retriever (life span 9) half Siberian Husky (10-12), and it's made me nervous ever since he turned nine.  He has a lot of cysts, any of them could be cancerous.  It they open him up it could spread, I won't let them anesthetize him or even do a biopsy because I'm too afraid of what could happen.  A friend's puppy had cancer, they operated, did chemo, he died the same year, not even two years old.  It seems the best we can do is give them the best loving home possible until their time to go, and you've done that, your dog has received loving care.  Until we meet the ones we've lost...

• Members

I'm so sorry, chasnrosa.  I too lost my husband to pancreatic cancer.  Then a few months later, I almost lost my cat Pearl.  She is doing better, but she is still on the mend.  She doesn't like it when her mommy leaves for a long time.  Then I had an accident and passed out at the grocery store in July and have been home since then.  It has made the grieving process both good and bad.  I ache for someone to be with me, and I feel him everywhere.

I know it is a horrible thing to go through, but take it one minute, one hour, one day at a time.  If you have any hobbies, try to do those.  I watch a lot of tv, because I can't do much with my broken humerus.  But just know that people are here to listen and try to help.  Prayers and hugs to you.

• Members

cp, So sorry to hear of your broken arm!  I hope you mend quickly. That has to be a bummer to be physically limited for awhile.

Archived