Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

THE LOST OF MY SON WITH HEART DISEASE

rodolfo

• Members

HI TO ALL

I AM NEW ON THIS WEBPAGE, SORRY ABOUT MY ENGLISH I AM FROM MEXICO, MI FAMILIY AND I MOVE ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO HERE IN THE UNITED STATES WE ARE LEGALY PERMANENT RESIDENTS, I FOUND THIS PAGE BEACUSE I NEED HELP WITH MY GRIEF. MY SON WHO AS 12 DIED THE 26 OF APRIL 2010, HERES THE STORY, PLEASE READ IT PROBABLY SOME ONE CAN UNDERSTAND A LITTLE BIT HOW GOD WORKS BEACUSE ALL OF YOU HAVE GONE IN THE SAME ROAD AND THE WORDS THAY YOU CAN GIVE ME CAN EASE MY PAIN.

MY SON WAS BORN ON 07 OF FEB ON 1998,HE WAS OUR SECOND CHILD OF 3, EVERTHING WAS NORMAL UNTIL HE BEGUN TO WALK, HE WAS WALKING WITH HIS TOES, WE DIDNT NOTICE BUT AFTER THE AGE OF 2, ALL THE FAMILY ASK US TO ASK A DOCTOR AND WHEN THE DOCTOR CHECK WE DID THE EXAM OF BLOOD TO SE IF IT WAS MUSCULAR DISTROPHI, BUT IT WAS NEGATIVE THEN WE BEGUN TO SE A LOTTOF DOCTOR THEY DID ALL KIND OF STUDIES,(BIOPSIES, EMG, BLOOD) BUT ALL STUDIES WHER INCONCLUSIVES SO AFTER THE AGE OF 4 WE STOP SEEING DOCTORS BECAUSE NOBODY DID FIND NOTHING ABUT HIS MUSCULAR WEAKNESS.WE THNK THAT IT WILL REMAIN THIS WAY FOREVER THAT THE DISEASE DIDNT PRGORESS, HE WAS GOINT TO MARTIAL ARTS, BASEBALL, SWIMING, GOOD GRADES AT SCHOOL ALWASY WITH REWARDS.AND WE DID NOTICE THAT THE WEAKNESS DINDT PROGRESS.

BUT AT THE AGE OF 10, ON OCTOBER OF 2008 HE AND HIS SMALL BROTHER GOT A COLD, HE REMAIN VARIOUS DAYS WITH IT AND DIDNT GOT AWAY AFTER AND XRAY THAT THE DOCTOR ORDER TO SE IF HE HAD PENUMONIA THEY FIND OUT THAT HE HAD A ENLARGED HEART (DILATED CARDIOMIOPHATI) AND HSI CARDIOLOGIST SAID THAT HIS HEART WAS VERY WEAK THE ONLY CURE WAS A TRANSPLANT, THE SAME DAY THE PUT HIM IN THE HOSPITAL IN 3 DAYS HE RESPOND VERY WELL WITH THE TREATMEN BY I.V. BUT THE HEART DIDNT REDUCED THE SIZE IT ONLY GOT BETTER FUNTIONING , SO HE BEGUN THE TREATMENT WIT ALMOST 10 PILLS DAILY. WE BEGIN SEEING A LOT A DOCTORS AND ALOS A LOT OF EXAMS TRIYNIG TO FIND OUT IF THE DISEASE OF THE HEART IT WAS NOT RELAETD WITH HIS MUSCULAR WEAKNESS , AND I THINK YEST IT WAS ALL RELATED BUT OF ALL THE MUSCULAR DISTROPHIES DISEASES NOT ONE WAS WITH THE SYMPTOMS THAT HE HAD THAT MAKE ME HAPPY BUT ALSO NERVOUS. BE BEGAN TO DIE SLOWLY HE LOST 20 LBS. HE BEGUN TO HAVE PROBLEM WITH HIS BELLY, HIS LEGS , HE WAS MORE WEAK, HE REMAIN WALKING AND HE ONLY HAD STREGNTH TO GO TO SCHOOL HE REMAIN WITH EXCELLNT GRADES.. HE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL 8 TIMES, AND ALWAYS AFTER I.V. OF MEDICIEN HE GOT BETTER,  ALL THE CARDIOLOGIST HERE IN THE US AND MEXICO TOLD ME THAT THE ONLY CURE WAS A TRANSPLANT BUT HE WAS STILL NOT  A CANDIDATE. I BEGUN A READ A LOTA ND ALSO A LOT OF RESEARCH WITH DOCTORS I NITICED THAT SOME DOCTORS LIKE TO HELP YOU BUT A LOT THEY DONT GIVE A DAM.

AFTER A LOT I FIND OUT THERES AND INVESTIGATION OF STEM CELLS OF BONE MARROW THAT THEY IMPLANTED DIRECTE TO THE BLOODSTREAM AND THEY CAN CURE HEART DISEASE, AFTER MONTHS TRING TO FIND OUT  CLINICS IN ALL THE WORLD, SINCE HE WAS A CHILD NO ALL THE DOCTORS ARE WILLING TO HELP YOU, SO WHEN I RECIVED A CALL FROM MONTERREY IN MEXICO THAT IS 2 HOURS FROM THE BORDER I THANKED GOD. AND MY AND MY WIFE WHER THINKING IF THIS IS THE PLAN OF GOD ALL THE DOOR ARE GOING TO OPEN, AND YES AFTHER 3 VISIT TO MONTERREY THE 4 VISIT IT WAS FOR HIS TREATMENT I WAS SUPOOSED TO BE A SAMLL PROCEDURE AND WE ONLY GOING TO BE AT HOSPITAL ONE DAY , IT WAS SUPOSSED TO BE THE 27 OF APRIL AT 7.30 AM AND THE DOCTORS ASK US TO BE ONE DAY BEFORE AT THE HOSPITAL SO THE CAN HAVE VERTHING READY.

HE WAS DOING OK. THE DAYS BEFORE, EATING WELL SLEPING WELL, EVERTHING WAS JUST FINE HE WAS STRONG SO I WAS HAPPY AND HAD A LOT OF HOPE THAT THE TREATMENT WAS GONIG TO HELP.I GOT FROM WORK EARLY SO WE CAN DO THE 2 HOUR DRIVE TO MONTERREY, WE ONLY WHENT TO THE TRIP HIS MOTHER AND I SO WE CAN SLEEP WITH HIM IN THE HOSPITAL ROOM, MY MOM STAY AT HOME WITH HIS SISTER AND BROTER. AFTER WE CROSS THE BORDER HE ASK ME TO BUY A LEMON ICREAM ,  HE WAS EATING IR REAL SLOW HE WAS ADMIREING THE ROAD AND COUNTRYSIDE, HE WAS RIDING IN THE CAR IN THE FRONT WITH ME, MY WIFE WAS IN THE BACK SEAT AFTER ONE HOUR OF DRIVING AND JUST AFTER HE FINIS HIS ICREAM I TOLD HIM THAT IF HE WANT IT TO GO TO SLEEP THAT WE HAD ONE HOUR LEFT TO THE HOSPITAL. AFTER 5 MINUTES THAT HE BEGUNG TO SLEEP, I FEEL LIKE A STRONG KNOCK IN MY BODY AND I LOOK TO SEE HIM AND I SAW HIM STILL SLEPP AND I MOVE HIM AND DIDNT RESPOND I STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD AND MOVE HIM AND DIDNT REPSOND ME AND MY WYFE TRI TO GIVE HIM CPR BUT DIDNT RESPOND IT WAS ALL CONFUSION , CRIED AND YELLS. AND DIDNT RESPOND. AFTER 18 MONTS OF HIS HEART DISEASES DIAGNOSED , HE WAS DEAD, JUST ONE HOUR TO GET TO THE HOSPITAL, WHY IT HAPPEN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RAOD? WHI WHEN HE WAS IN BETTER CONDITION? WHY THIS THING DIDNT HAPPEN WHEN HE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL OR AT HOME OR IN THE CITY? WHY GOD OPEN ALL THE DOORS FOR THIS TREATMENT AND DINT LET US FINISHED?

THE DOCTOR TOD US THAT HE GOT A DEADLY  ARRHYTMIA.RIGHT NOW I AM THE STAGE THAT I AM BLAMING MYSELF AND BALMING THE DOCTORS

THANKS IF YOU READ THIS

RODOLFO

• Members
heartbeataway

Rodolfo,

I am so sorry for your loss! Your story is heartbreaking!

You will find like all of us that there are no answers to our never ending questions of why.

Our son died of ARVD/C, heart disease, in April 2007.  His first manifestation was his sudden death.  He was 31 and in seemingly good health, engaged to be married in October.

Please don't blame yourself .... your son would not want you to do that!

Take deep breaths, rest as much as you can and hold the memories of your son close to your heart.

Again, I am so sorry for your tragic loss!

Strength for the journey,

Bonnie, Jason's Mom

• Members

Dear Rodolfo

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious son.  You have found a wonderful community of friends who know exactly how you feel and  who will support you on this painful journey. 

I lost my only son Stephen 3 years ago and found this site shotly after.  It has been a wonderful gift from God to come here, day or night and find solace, understanding, compassion and friendship.  I know you will as well. 

PLease keep coming back

Betty Stephen'smom:)

• Administrators

June 07, 2010

Dear Members,

We’re excited to inform you that we’re moving to a new and improved message board at the end of this week. It may seem a little bit sudden, but we recently learned that the company that designed our current board is no longer in existence. Our new message board will offer enhanced profile capabilities and chat rooms with up to 20 people at a time (and more if we need it). All of your old posts and private messages will be migrated to our new message board. You may need to re-post your profile picture. Our new message board will feature:

• Custom profile fields
  • Profile page customization with optional background colors, images, and tiling options
  • Facebook and Twitter integration
  • Multiple post responses via “mini-quotes”
  • Pinned discussion threads
  • Targeted board announcements (for entire board or certain sections)
  • Comprehensive search options enabling users to easily find all content created by a particular member (by clicking “Find Content” on the main profile page, or in the “Mini Profile” pop-up which can be accessed throughout the board) 
  • Enhanced privacy options that allow users to sign in anonymously, be hidden from the online users list, disable personal conversations, and deny user-to-user emails

You can access the new message board by visiting www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com. Grieving.com is still 100% a part of Beyond Indigo; we just created a new Web address for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) purposes. We’ll do our best to redirect all existing URL’s to our new board, but if you have difficulty accessing them, just remember to visit www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We’ll of course try to make this transition as seamless as possible. 

Our new board will seamlessly enable us to grow our community and provide you with even more ways to interact with one other, and for that we’re very grateful. Please feel free to email feedback@beyondindigo.com with any questions, and thank you for being a part of the Beyond Indigo online community.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

President/CEO, Beyond Indigo

• Administrators

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.- Facebook and Twitter Integration- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it. - Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible. 

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other. 

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family

Archived