Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I don't feel him around

Donna7431

• Members

It's been a little over five months now. Not once have I felt him around me. Not in any room, nothing. I was walking outside and my neighbor was out with her dog . For whatever reason, that dog used to growl at my husband from across the street. The woman who owns the dog said her dog only growls at older gray guys, thinking she was abused before she was adopted from a shelter. Anyway, her dog started to growl at me and kept looking behind me. I don't know. Other than maybe that, I never feel him around me. I still cry everyday. Does he think my feeling his s presence would make me cry more? 

• Members
27 minutes ago, Donna7431 said:

It's been a little over five months now. Not once have I felt him around me. Not in any room, nothing. I was walking outside and my neighbor was out with her dog . For whatever reason, that dog used to growl at my husband from across the street. The woman who owns the dog said her dog only growls at older gray guys, thinking she was abused before she was adopted from a shelter. Anyway, her dog started to growl at me and kept looking behind me. I don't know. Other than maybe that, I never feel him around me. I still cry everyday. Does he think my feeling his s presence would make me cry more? 

I'm sorry for your loss and know your pain too well.  I lost my Charles 6 months today and my day has not gone well at all.  For me, *OK* days are the best I can hope for; I don't have *good* days any longer nor do I ever expect to have them ever again.  

Because they pass on doesn't mean the end of our connection with them is over, they're still very much with us.  Just now in a different form, spirit/energy, our true form.  I believe our loved ones want very much for us to know they are still with us  - okay and safe.  When they cross over, they bring back the best of themselves, memories and the greatest of all - their love for us which is always and forever.  Love is never ending.  Always remember  - the separation from our loved ones is only temporary. 

My prayer is for God to give you strength in this lonely, painful journey.  Stay strong.

• Members

Donna, I am sorry for your loss and the pain you are enduring. Rest assured your hubby is right at your side. Have you done any reading as to the signs to make notice of that our loved ones are around? The signs can be subtle or not so, depending on their personality. Like Francine said, when crossing over, everything about that person goes with them. It is only the physical body that houses our spirit that gets left behind. Your neighbor's dog growling and looking behind you, I , myself, would take as a sign. Animals are spiritual beings and very close to the afterlife. They can see, sense, when spirit is around. My own pets notice when my husband is close by. My cat can being laying next to me in bed, perk up and stare intently at nothing. The dog will woof and have his head cocked as though he was listening to someone. I take those as signs. As far as feeling their presence, that is an individual thing. I get the chills, like goosebumps, a tingling sensation running up and down my body. Some people will feel a brush on the hand, a touch on the head, like someone touching their hair. Spirit energy can come through easier when we are not in a state of deep grieving. That has been my own experience anyway.

Prayers of comfort, peace to you.  (HUGS)

• Moderators

I posted my response on the other of three threads that posted simultaneously.  I don't know how that happened but I wrote to the moderator a couple of days ago and they haven't responded.

Archived