Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Still doing great moving on

caitlynn

• Members

I am still doing great moving on since my fiancée Jeremy's death.I live with great memories about him.One was he was proud of me serving this country,I served 8 years in the Marines.I told him why I did it,was because I was heading in the wrong direction and hanging around with no good friends.Was 18 when I decided to enlist for the Marines and he seen it changed my life going in the right direction.Also remember him saying thank you for my military service to me on Veteran's day.Supported me through everything.I know he is going to look down and smile see his friend and I get married in August.

• Moderators

I'm glad you're able to assimilate it so well.  He sounds like a wonderful man.

• Members

caitlynn, I agree with KayC. You are doing great in moving forward. It is the only direction we have a choice in. The journey of grief was forced on us and our individual paths and outcomes deserve our best efforts. I'm sure your lost beloved will be smiling down and sending love in seeing you get married to his friend. Life works out the way it is meant to. Joys and sorrows need to balance out.

• Members

It will be 2 years in September I lost him.He always knew how I talk,like a Marine and did like it.

• Members

I very happy for you and that you were able to move one with your life and find happiness with someone else.  I am also proud and thankful of your service to this country.   God bless and keep you safe.  

• Moderators

Amen to that!  

12 hours ago, Francine said:

I very happy for you and that you were able to move one with your life and find happiness with someone else.  I am also proud and thankful of your service to this country.   God bless and keep you safe.  

Archived