Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my soulmate due to a relapse

Christy D

• Members

On 3/26/17 I lost my soulmate to a drug overdose.  He was clean for well over year and last week he suffered a few downfalls that I feel led him to relapse. I don't know this  for sure but I am certain that if he did not start his use on Friday that it definitely was Saturday and he continued on Sunday which costed him his life. 

I'm finding this really hard because I look back on past relationships and I have never felt like this for anyone. He even had me questioning if I ever actually was in love before.  I was with him the day before he died and I could tell that something was a little off. He's always had an issue with and anxiety and had admitted to me on Friday  that he had increased his intake of energy drinks. His heart was racing so bad on Saturday and I kept asking him if he was OK and he just said that it has to be from the energy drinks and that he's  overtired and just really stressed out because wouldn't happen throughout the week. 

This is a man that I have never had an argument with and from the day that I met him until the day he passed he was always the same towards me.  On Saturday I knew something was a little off and then when Sunday came around he was a little distant from me which was completely out of his character.  After not hearing from him for six hours after pleading for him to just contact me because I was very worried I received a phone call from someone that was in his house and I received the worst news of my life.  

I miss him so very much and I feel very lost at this moment and I just need to feel normal.  I'm hoping that someone can relate to my story without me providing too many details of my life with him and can offer an ear, in this case an eye and some feedback. I need the support.

• Moderators

Christy,

I am so sorry.  It's so dang hard and when you lose them for something like this it just makes it all the harder.  That is a sweet picture of you two.

Archived