Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Kaitlyn47

• Members

Hi All,

Since I lost my mom, 7 months ago, I’ve been searching for a haven where I can share my thoughts and emotions, without being judged.
She is buried nearly a 6+ hours from me, so I’m not able to visit her as much as I wish I could.
No one seems to understand why I’ve still been upset.
I lost my best friend, mother, guider, therapist, all at once.
The one person I went to for everything, is gone.

I recently found this website called Mourners Lane. It allowed me to create a virtual memorial just for her. I could create her a headstone, write her messages, and even add her favorite music.

When times get hard, which they do, I know have my mother with me anywhere I go.
I’m able to visit her grave, morning, noon or night.

I know I have a long way to go before I feel even remotely close to whole again, but I have a safe-haven for my thoughts and emotions.
I thought, if it has helped me this much, it could help some of you, too.

If you need help finding an uplifting place to honor and enjoy the memories of your loved ones, or need a place that allows your loved one to be with you, try out www.mournerslane.com

Please suggest anything else that may help.

Thank you xx

• Members

Dear Kaitlyn,

Thank you for sharing this website with us. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know its very hard. And I'm glad you find this site gives you comfort.

For myself, I am still struggling. I have tried to visit websites like What's Your Grief, The Grief Recovery Method, The Grief Healing Blog, Tiny Buddha. I've also tried counseling, joining a support group and reading articles online.

I try to see my dad at the cemetery once a week. I want to make sure he has fresh flowers. I also try to bring him a coffee if I can.

But I'm still looking for ways to remember him. And to make him proud.

Take care my friend. Thinking of you. With love and hugs.

• Members

Thank you for sharing this website... my grandmother died almost 5 months ago and I am too far to visit her grave.  I struggle with my feelings about her death a lot.  I am going to try this website to see if it can help.

Archived