Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Can't fulfill his wish

Sadaf Nazim

• Members

The last time we talked on phone , I was telling him how much I love him and if anything bad happens to our relationship ever, I won't be able to survive and I would die without him. (I was feeling very emotional that day, I don't know why). Maybe deep down I sensed something unusual that day. I normally don't cry. But that day, I did. A lot. 

And he was very confused why I was crying. He didn't know what to say. I could sense from his voice that tears fell out of his eyes too. Then, he told me that the worst thing that could ever happen to him in his whole world was tears coming out of my eyes. 

He made me promise that I would never cry. Ever. And then the phone got disconnected. Maybe his phones battery ran out. We never got to say goodbye. I never got to hear his voice again. 

But that's all I do these days. Cry. I feel helpless, I can't control my tears when I miss him. And I feel bad because I can't fulfill the last thing he asked from me.

• Members

It is OK, Sadaf. Nazim understands why you are crying. The tears are for him and the absence of him in your life. You are crying out of love. Love is the biggest , most important emotion we can have for another. Go ahead and cry, your tears make that love bond even stronger because Nazim will feel the love coming to him.

• Moderators

Sadaf,

I seriously doubt it ever crossed his mind that he'd die so young, probably never thought about it at all...I think he'd understand.  I don't think he'd apply the "no tears" to this.

• Members
claribassist13

It wasn't really fair to you for him to make you promise you that. 

This situation wasn't what either of you two expected. It's perfectly okay to cry. Sometimes you need to have a good cry. 

• Members

Thank you kayC and clari. He would understand it. And he wouldn't be hurt by me crying. 

Archived