Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mom is not here on earth anymore

agnaq111809

• Members

I just lost my mother of 81 years on the 18th of November.  And to think that

I won't be able to see her again here on earth is hard for me to take.  It seems so unreal.  I think I've accepted her death but having a hard time with this.  Maybe time will help me. 

I don't think I even thought of her being 81.  She didn't look 81.  And just on the 4th of July, we were having a grand time watching the local parade, picking up goodies thrown our way and laughing.  And now she's gone.

How does one deal  with sudden death?

• Members

I am not sure to the answer of your question, but lossing my dad was the worst thing I could ever happen to me!  I struggle every day with it.  I can only hope, that you see her in your dreams.  Your thoughts will always be there of things you did, and one day will  do again.  Days will be good and bad, but know in your heart you mom loves you and is watching you till you see her again.

Hugs and prayers to you!

Billie Sue

(Fayesgirl)

• Members

You're the second person to tell me today that my mom is watching me from above.  Thank-you for that.  I kinda knew it but it's been a little bit difficult these past few days.  Quyanaq.

• Members

My dad died suddenly in September...I have definitely struggled with the thought that he has left the world.

It has helped me some to think of the rhythms of nature and imagine his spirit as part of the universe now, joined with everyone who has gone before.  I would not consider myself a traditionally religious person (he was not either), but I definitely believe there is a spiritual aspect to life and death.  

On days when I am feeling especially lost this helps me.

bluegrass

• Members

theres no way you can accept it yet you will be in a stage of deep numbness for quite a while - i lost my mom june 6th 07 - and i still am numb a lot - i am trying to continue my life but i know how hard it is  to do it w/o your mommy -  eventually i adjusted to a new normal but still very so miss her a lot - i always will - i feel her  at times & feel her thoughts - even some times i fell her - i was so worried a few nights ago as i do so much so a lot - i worry at night who doesnt - when i lay there in bed - and i felt her tickle my neck and let me know in a mental thought that every thing would be ok - i was almost a sleep and thats when you really feel them the most. and sure enough things turned out perfect i know she pulls strings for me with God - before she passed on we would often talk about that and she would agree to pull strings with God for me - and to pester him as much as possible -- to help me --- 

things will be better in about 2 years that how long it took me to adjust some what all though i know i am still adjusting and getting used to things -- to her not being here etc -- at about 2 1/2 years i think it was i started to feel some better but i know i still have many times i feel like i have such a hole in my heart --super strong anti depressants are what got me thru the first year and a half or so - they made me feel so UP and thats what i needed to survive it all --- thank Goodness for dexedrine - and for my dr for giving me them

HUGS

Archived