Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Forever vulnerable ?

Roxeanne

• Members
6 hours ago, Roxeanne said:

I'm asking to myself: am i so weak and vulnerable after the loss of my loved one that someone can make me feel so unhappy again ? 

An old friend did an insensitive  thing to me and i'm crying, missing my love so much, closed in my house letting the darkness invade the house like the first months after my loss...feeling so lost in a hostile world !

One step forward and two steps back?

I would like to stick  two fingers  in his eyes to my ex friend , for making me feel that way again !

Wow if this isn’t currently me right now. Finding myself in shock because my love would Never!. So sorry ur hurt . 

• Like 4

• Members
12 hours ago, LMR said:

We are not weak but we are vulnerable, it can be such a little thing that will rock our world anew because the pain is always there.

Your words are right on point LMR.   

• Like 3

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Roxeanne said:

I'm asking to myself: am i so weak and vulnerable after the loss of my loved one that someone can make me feel so unhappy again ? 

Yes, they say sticks and stones may break your bones but words can never hurt you.  Not true.  I had someone put down my brain (not jokingly but disparagingly) seven times Friday!  It hurt.  She's 12 years younger than me and has no idea what aging is like...but she will know someday.  I hope her unkindness comes to mind then so she can feel remorse and change.  I know my brain isn't what it was in my 20s, I'll be 70 next year, of course it isn't!  But I also know this person was unkind to do that and it's her problem, not mine.  ;)

I'm glad you say it's an EX-friend.  I'm sorry you went through that.  Not what you need!

Friends who Stop Being Good Friends
Friends, letdown
Friendship: Why I Not Longer Hold Onto Relationships That No Longer Serve Me

11 hours ago, JoyR said:

Wow if this isn’t currently me right now. Finding myself in shock because my love would Never!.

I'm sorry, Joy. :(

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
17 hours ago, Roxeanne said:

...feeling so lost in a hostile world !

Hi Roxeanne. That's how I've often felt too. People can be thoughtless at the best of times. But to be so insensitive when you're at you're lowest ebb is just awful. I hope you have other friends / family members who can sympathise with you and give you the support you so desperately need at this time. Please keep venting on here also, because we understand exactly what you're going through. God bless. James.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Diane R. E.

Hi Roxeanne; I'm so sorry that happened to you. One of my sisters is like that and she recently messaged me with a passive-aggressive comment that was a low blow. That kind of thing sets off a new wave of grief because we know our partner would never have treated us like that. And also because we can't talk to them about it - my husband always had such a good perspective when such things happened. (((Hugs)))

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
1 hour ago, Diane R. E. said:

And also because we can't talk to them about it - my husband always had such a good perspective when such things happened. (((Hugs)))

Yes this is the point!..frustrations of all kind happened in life, but what disoriented me now is that i no longer have my love to talk about it, to laugh about it...to lessen the pain and the feeling of helplessness!

I miss so much his continued tender support and the unforgettable feeling of being " two" against the world whatever happens!

I think everyone in this forum knows what i'm talking about!

Thanks everybody for your kind words...and for being here! Ciao Roxi

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Members

I miss my husbands calm and sensible perspective on everything.  He gave the best advice......Was always fair and kind.

I miss him every day.... It will be 8 months on June 10 and I still can't believe that he is never coming back.....But, most days I honestly can't wish him back, (even if that was possible)  It would be selfish of me, because if he was back, he would be in pain and he suffered way too much.  I have to remind myself of this, no more suffering for my love, no more pain........(but some days, I want to be selfish)

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Annie, I understand, I feel the same way.  Know that all of your feelings are valid and it doesn't make us selfish to miss/want them.  Overall we want what's best for them but there are different things we're looking at both when we realize they're free from pain and when we're overcome with missing them.

• Like 2