Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Macey

Dee rite

• Members

Hi

My name is Dee and yesterday I said goodbye to my little girl, Macey.

I am so sad my heart aches.  I just need to talk even if nobody responds.  I feel most people don't understand that it is losing a child.

i am grieving for my little boy who is alone now and is searching for her.  He cries and follows me everywhere.  My crying isn't helping but my whole home reminds me of her absence.

my little boy also has chronic kidney disease and the thought of him leaving devistates me. 

Macey was only 10 and I miss her every second 

any suggestions on how to move forward

• Members

Hi Dee,

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your little girl, Macey.:(

If it's any consolation I also lost my little girl, Noodles yesterday too. She was sick with congestive heart failure. 

I have only signed up to this forum a while ago but I understand the pain and the gut wrenching feeling of sadness and emptiness. I've found talking to other pet parents has helped a great deal ( on a fb page) and reading posts here it seems like joining this site was a good idea. Our babies mean so much to us and like you, I've found some people just don't get it. Most of those people have never been blessed with a fur baby but you'll find people here know what you and what I, are going through so please do talk and share the full story of your beautiful girl. I'm planning on writing about Noodles tomorrow but I thought I would reach out to you and say, you are not alone. I feel what you feel and I am very sorry. Our babies are now over the rainbow bridge, no more pain. Macey knows just how much you loved her and she'll always be with you. You were an amazing mum to her and she's thanking you for all the years of love and hugs and kisses.

People keep telling me it's just one day at a time.. and for now this is all I can say to ease your pain. We have to grieve and it's a process that does take time.. That and I believe we will be reunited with our babies one day.

• Members

I am so sorry for you loss I know your pain.  I lost my little Kelly in June and still miss her terribly. I often have to stop myself thinking of her some days as I just can't bear knowing she's not here.  I have a Romanian rescue now called Foxy and she has been a blessing. She will never replace my Kelly but she has kept me busy. It pains me as I automatically call her Kelly sometimes and a cloud of such sadness spreads over me.  As Mynuni says it is one day at a time coping with the loss and adjusting to them not being there.  Write more about your precious baby.  Lots of hugs.

• Members
So sad But Yet So Happy

Hi Dee

Just a little over a week ago i lost my Savannah. I was completely devistated. Couldnt eat, sleep, or function at all. The loss you have experienced is huge. One of the best things to do is talk about it as time and your ability to talk about it goes. We have 2 dogs, which didnt really soften the blow but my little guy has kinda picked up were my Savannah had left off. With Thanksgiving and the holidays its just devastating. Everyone here has suffered a terrible loss, so you will always have people to listen to you, and help you through this tough time. We will be reunited with our loved ones again. I have no doubt in my mind about that. Again, we will be here for you when you need us. I will hope and pray for you in your time of great need. 

• Moderators

@Dee rite  I am so sorry...we here get it, they are our children, to us, they are family, they mean the world to us.  I am so sorry for your loss.  It helps to get it out and tell your story, know you're heard and acknowledged, all of us here understand.

@MyNuni  I am sorry for your loss as well, it's the hardest thing in the world.  My heart goes out to you in your loss.  Know you are not alone, we're with you, listening and caring.

• Members
2 minutes ago, KayC said:

@Dee rite

@MyNuni  I am sorry for your loss as well, it's the hardest thing in the world.  My heart goes out to you in your loss.  Know you are not alone, we're with you, listening and caring.

@KayC Thank you so much, it really means so much to me to know there are people who care and who understand how hard this is. It's been 3 days and the tears come in waves. I feel as though i am on autopilot right now. Just " being" but not feeling anything other than pain. I will write Noodles story. I think just talking will help me too. Lots of love. Noodles mum 

• Members

I am grateful for people who are so understanding.  Feeling such heartache makes it so much worse when people are so unkind with their words. 

I hope others who feel how I am are able to find this supportive site.

• Members
20 hours ago, So sad But Yet So Happy said:

Hi Dee

Just a little over a week ago i lost my Savannah. I was completely devistated. Couldnt eat, sleep, or function at all. The loss you have experienced is huge. One of the best things to do is talk about it as time and your ability to talk about it goes. We have 2 dogs, which didnt really soften the blow but my little guy has kinda picked up were my Savannah had left off. With Thanksgiving and the holidays its just devastating. Everyone here has suffered a terrible loss, so you will always have people to listen to you, and help you through this tough time. We will be reunited with our loved ones again. I have no doubt in my mind about that. Again, we will be here for you when you need us. I will hope and pray for you in your time of great need. 

I am truly sorry about your Savannah.  My heart aches for your loss because I know exactly how you are feeling.  Please know if you need me I am here to listen.

• Members
23 hours ago, Jack Russell said:

I am so sorry for you loss I know your pain.  I lost my little Kelly in June and still miss her terribly. I often have to stop myself thinking of her some days as I just can't bear knowing she's not here.  I have a Romanian rescue now called Foxy and she has been a blessing. She will never replace my Kelly but she has kept me busy. It pains me as I automatically call her Kelly sometimes and a cloud of such sadness spreads over me.  As Mynuni says it is one day at a time coping with the loss and adjusting to them not being there.  Write more about your precious baby.  Lots of hugs.

Hi Jack

thank you 

one day at a time seems even difficult and what makes it hard is my Ramsey knowing he is lost too.  

Foxy is so lucky to have a loving home now.  These little fur babies come into our lives for certain reasons.  My babies are usually unwell and need extra tlc but maybe that is why my heart hurts so much

• Members
So sad But Yet So Happy
23 minutes ago, Dee rite said:

I am truly sorry about your Savannah.  My heart aches for your loss because I know exactly how you are feeling.  Please know if you need me I am here to listen.

Thank you so very much,,,,I've tried to be strong but its so hard. Im sure i'll take you up on your offer to...TY  

• Moderators

Yes it does help, very much to know there are others here that understand, I'm very grateful to the website owners and administrators for making this place possible.

Do share about them and pictures too if you want, we're here to listen.

• Members

Hi Dee, so sorry to read about Macey. No good advice except coming here and sharing is one positive step - I found expressing my feelings helped a lot. And reading other people's stories just to not feel so alone. 

And time. You learn to accept the loss although grief is a wild emotion. One minute you are fine and then next you are doubled over from anguish. I hope you are doing okay today. Be patient and kind to yourself. 

• Members

Thank you.  Today I felt ok but as the day is progressing I feel tremendous sadness. 

Coming to this site brings me comfort because even though I feel alone in my home I don’t when I enter this place.  My feelings feel validated and warmth from people who are goi g through this similar journey

grateful

• Moderators

I hope you will read in some of the other threads here and know you are not alone in your grief.  Gradually we begin to adjust and the loss feels just a wee bit less keen, but oh how it takes time to get to that place.  

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss and totally understand and am feeling the exact same way.  I lost by 12  year old Pug on Monday and it was unexpected.  I feel so heart broken and feel like nothing will ever be the same.  Reading everyone's stories and the love they and you had for your lost pets makes me feel a little less alone.  I just found this site and am so happy i did.

• Members

Just needed to share that My Macey’s ashes are ready to be picked up and I just couldn’t do it.  It makes so sad and more teary again.

i am not sure if I will gather courage tomorrow.

Dee

• Members
So sad But Yet So Happy
2 minutes ago, Dee rite said:

Just needed to share that My Macey’s ashes are ready to be picked up and I just couldn’t do it.  It makes so sad and more teary again.

Dee

Oh Dee,       I know EXACTLY what your going through hun. This brings the true finality to our loved ones. Make a little memorial to Macey. Collar, bowl, ashes, pictures. I DONT mean this to sound like im being rude or mean, but we have Savannahs ashes, her dog bowl, the last of her pills, some hair from her, a wonderful picture and yes it does make me cry, but it also helps me heal. Always be here for you if you need a friend to reach out to.........Hugs Jim

• Members

Jim,

I have this for my Cheddar and I will have this for Macey but you are right it is then final. 

I just am a mess right now but hope for strength tomorrow.

You are the best Jim

Dee

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Dee rite said:

Dee

Take someone with you, even have them drive, it will be easier than doing it alone. 

Yesterday I went to a luncheon, ten women in another town.  One lady wasn't able to come because her and her son's bird of ten years died that morning.  Another lady, Sandy, commented about it, rolled her eyes, and disdainfully remarked, "Pet people!"  I jumped on her faster than a tick on a hound!  I let her have it!  I told her, "Don't you DARE make fun of people for grieving their pets!!  They are part of their FAMILY!"  She said, "I wasn't making fun of anyone..." I said, "Yes you WERE!"  I did not let her off the hook.  It is NOT okay!  We need to educate people of what is appropriate and what is not.  This is a very hard thing to go through and just because she is not (in her own words) a "pet person", many of us are!

• Moderators

Dee, 

I'm sorry you were having such a hard time yesterday, I pray for peace and comfort for you.  I know it's hard.  (((hugs)))

• Members

Dee, I read about Macey's ashes being ready. Be patient with yourself at every step here. Go when you feel ready. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself. I read how people don't pick up bowls for a while or a blanket... we just need to take the time however long. I am so sorry, I know how painful this is. Let us know how it goes. I believe Macey is by your side for all of this in spirit hoping you will be okay.   

• Members

Well My little Macey is home and I came here to write to give me comfort and peace.

This site is very therapeutic for me even though I am crying u controllably since I picked her up.  My frail scab has been opened up again and the wound is wide open again.  

Thank you AJW, KayC and Jim for helping me and your kind, loving words and wishes.

• Members
So sad But Yet So Happy

Dee,

Im very happy your home with your little one. Dee, you were here for many of us and we are here for you hun. When you feel like talking, i'll be here with open arms and ears for you........Jim

• Moderators

I hope you find comfort in having Macey's remains with you.  You're right about this place, it does help a lot to be with others that also care about their pets and know how hard it is losing them.

Archived