Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

40 days ago....Dead at the scene

Oluwa

• Members

My husband was killed in a car accident 40 days ago, no other persons or cars involved...He lost control while passing another vehicle and hit a tree head on...sheared the tree at the base. He was just going to go skiing, that morning. When he died... I died too. A death of my heart, my spirit. I am lost. I count each day and the pain is the same. Day one to Day forty. I love him. Without him I have to change everything of me, about me. When I said I do, I became we. He is in my everything. When we lose someone in an instant, we are force to changed everything about ourselves, willingly or not. I am not willingly. The pain in my chest, heart is so painful and my stomach is so tight in knots for 40 days now. I don't know how I can make it to day 41....maybe I don't want to.

• Members

My husband was killed in a car accident 40 days ago, no other persons or cars involved...He lost control while passing another vehicle and hit a tree head on...sheared the tree at the base. He was just going to go skiing, that morning. When he died... I died too. A death of my heart, my spirit. I am lost. I count each day and the pain is the same. Day one to Day forty. I love him. Without him I have to change everything of me, about me. When I said I do, I became we. He is in my everything. When we lose someone in an instant, we are force to changed everything about ourselves, willingly or not. I am not willingly. The pain in my chest, heart is so painful and my stomach is so tight in knots for 40 days now. I don't know how I can make it to day 41....maybe I don't want to.

Oluwa,

Just keep trying to breathe and take things minute by minute and little by little. I am so sorry for the loss of your dear husband. You can and will make it, and he would want you to. Do you have anyone to talk to or support of any kind? We will be here for you and to encourage you. My heart goes out to you. Please, come share with us all of your pain, grieving, anguish and your story.

ModKonnie

• Members

I know how you feel , its been 2.5 yrs since my husband died, I feel I have died with him , my dreams, my hope, my life , my smile ....everthing has gone with him. I feel I am living someone else's life....a nightmare i want to wake up from.

• Members

[i lost my husband almost 20 years ago and I still cry when I remember how much he loved me, and I, him. I did not truly appreciate his love for me till he was gone, but I believe we will be together again, and the grief does get easier as time heals the rawness of the pain.

• Members
jodianne07

I know how you feel , its been 2.5 yrs since my husband died, I feel I have died with him , my dreams, my hope, my life , my smile ....everthing has gone with him. I feel I am living someone else's life....a nightmare i want to wake up from.

• Members
trishdishes

So I a, new to this and am just reading through and everyone is saying what I feel...no matter how long it has been. So here is my question...HOW do we every get over it. It has been two and a half years for me and I miss my husband more everyday. The pain does get less raw but I think more pervasive. On the outside I am a functional adult. On the inside I feel just empty. I hate the thought of having to keep living without my sweetie but know I must for our daughter. Just SO TIRED of fighting this endless fight

• Members

thank you for sharing how you feel and your loss... its a good thing because now i dont feel so alone. i do know how you feel, because my husband just went out for a 10 min harley ride around town, and never came back. They found him the next morning, after the tornado passed... and he was gone. i am lost as well.. and its only been 6 months. how i made it this far i will never know. just breathe,... and every day will get easier to breathe... and in your own time, you will find ways to function. i dont have all the answers.. but hon, you help me by putting down how you feel, bcuz now i know there are others out there who have felt true love, and had it ripped away from them in an instant. i am half of who i was with him. he and i completed eachother. if we could have breathed for eachother we would have. i cant imagine a life without him, yet im still here. anytime you want to chat or talk, pls do. ill listen, cry with you, and understand... if i can help, i will. you and i have now joined an elite group we never wanted to... and its one we need to lean on eachother in order to get by day to day.. minute to minute..

post-297387-0-69240700-1317670448_thumb.

Archived