Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

I AM TRULY HUMBLED FROM ALL OF YOU...THANK YOU ALL FOR THE WORDS, PICS, SONGS...AND PRAYERS....SOMEONE JUST TOLD ME "YOUR SO STRONG"..(AS WE NO WE HEAR THAT ALOT)...I SAID "DO THE STRONG TREMBLE INSIDE?" CUZ THATS WHAT IM DOING TODAY WITH MY PAIN, AND TEARS.....

AGAIN THANK YOU ALL...IM SO VERY BLESSED TO HAVE YAL...EACH ONE OF YAL...HUGGS AND TEARS..

• Replies 68.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

lorri...thinking of you and your beautiful daughter Kourtney today.....hope you feel her angel wings beside you today....

diane :wub:

• Members

carol...i do hope ralph gets better soon and can get home very soon. it is so much easier recovering at home....well wishes to him..

is he from mississippi? so am i....where does his family live in ms? i am from jackson and my kids grew up on the ms gulf coast.....

later....diane..

• Members

Lorri, Colleen, and Betsy and Sherry, all of our June parents, this is by a woman I posted the other day only this time doing the song that The Cure wrote and made famous. A song I loved by them but adore even more now.

• Members

KOURTNEY------KOURTNEY-----DEAR SWEET ANGEL......LOOK DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND SEND

A WARMING SMILE TO YOUR FAMILY. LORRIE,......THINKING OF YOU TODAY. MAY YOU FIND

PEACE & COMFORT IN YOUR PRECIOUS MEMORIES OF YOUR SWEET GIRL.

Dee----Thanks for the nice song. Glad that the house-painting job is nearly finished. Yes, I agree......

this site.....BI.....is a sad, and unseemly way to meet anyone, but thank God that we have met----

no one else quite 'gets it' about the loss of a child. BI is the best place to be if life's ultimate

heartache befalls on us. Just checked the robin's nest......the eggs have hatched...looks like 3 or 4

baby birds, although it's hard to tell.....babies are all huddled together. ( there were 4 eggs when I took the pic)

They are very NEWLY hatched. ..no feathers, just a tiny bit of fuzz. Mom bird was not on the nest when I looked.

Betsy-------Sorry that you had such a time with the ex, pushing you to settle the estate. My son, Dave,

was also just an average worker.......left nothing behind......not even a bunch of bills. He did have

a loan that he had taken out to pay for his WEB DESIGN and A plus computer couses at the college...

it was nearly paid off, and we paid it, and closed the account. I agree.....it is so difficult to think about

going ahead with these legal things when the heart is town in two. Peace to you.

Carol-----Well wishes for Ralph, and hoping that he will be home soon. Also,.....prayers for Davis.

Betty-----So interesting......watching the progress of the eagles and hawks. I'm glad that they put the

fallen hawk back in his nest so that he can grow.

Karen---Good to see Shawn's bright smile. You are so right.....Torn...is a good workd for how we feel

when our children leave this world. So out of the natural order of things, and so sorrowful for all

time. They are just torn from our lives. Sending thoughts & prayers, friend.

PEACE TO ALL INDIGOS.

Davey&Lisasmom, Sherry

• Members

I just read this,and I LIKE IT.

An old man once said, "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to… be anything but happy. ...Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."~

• Members

Indigo's

The Milwaukee Brewer's are playing the Boston Red Socks (Carol's team - Mikes team too) right now. Bottom of the 5th score is 5-4 - Red Socks.

Carol, I also noticed the 2 scoreboards you mentioned in a previous post. Fenway is packed with people. We did see a few Cheeseheads in the crowd.

Really historic ball park.

Colleen

• Members

Karen

So sorry about Shawn's "wife" treating you this way - She obviously has a very small heart.

It is possible to start another FB page in rememberance of Shawn. You or someone you trust could be the administrator. This way, the page could be open for anyone to post, but they could not change things like the status, his Mother, Father, etc. Only the administrator can do that.

Michelle (Brian's sister) took over administration of Brian's site. Since that happened, the posts have just kept coming. I knew Brian had alot of friends, but WOW, 582 to date.

Just a thought.

You will ALWAYS be Shawn's Mom. No words, thoughts or anything else could ever change that.

Sending you a hug.

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

SWEET KOURTNEY......SO MANY ARE THINKING OF YOU TODAY, SHARING OUR LOVE WITH YOUR FAMILY WHILE YOU LOOK DOWN UPON THEM AND SHINE YOUR LOVE......MAY THEY FEEL THE WHISPER OF YOUR WINGS AS YOU FLY AMONG THEM.......

• Members

Thank you - yes Tavian looks so much like Jessica and believe me he acts like her too....I am blessed. He is going out to pull traps and nets again tomorrow morning at 5 a.m. - I am afraid to think he may grow up to be a fisherman as I am thinking doctor, lawyer !! lol

Well, I am happy to say that my wonderful hubby has fixed the camper.....no more leak, new floor and ready to go for a week for the 4th of July. We are going the week before which will be June 26th through the following Sunday......am excited to go and get away from everything for a week....hope the weather cooperates.

Greg - "your never alone" - a very favorite song of mine.....a perfect song for Lorri

I am doing my best to come here and read......want to get back here as I have missed so much and I know there are new ones here that I do not even know yet !! I love all of you and think of you daily... Peace, Love and Strength, Kathy

• Members

WELL THE BALLOONS I WAS NOT IMPRESSED WITH, BUT AS YOU NO I TAKE ALOT OF PICS...THIS PIC LOOKS LIKE A SLENDER GIRL ANGEL....TILT YOUR HEAD TO THE LEFT JUST A LIL BIT..

KODYS RACING NASCAR TOM PLEASE PRAY HE IS SAFE AND HAS A GREAT TIME..

post-275957-0-70996000-1308367915_thumb.

• Members

Lorri, I see the slender girl in the clouds, and I can't help but think that Kourtney is showing you that she is among the heavenly skies. I hope you felt her presence all day long.

I sat at ERi's site today, wrote in my journal and just sat in the dappled sunlight for about an hour and a half. I haven't done that in quite a long while. It was a quiet and spiritual time. Earlier I went to my friend Kristine's home and we went for a 4 mile walk with her baby boy. He is the baby that you all prayed for, doing much better now and so very beautiful. Thanks for the prayers. When I got home from the cemetery, our house was finished, the painters were gone. It looks lovely and we happily were scooting our potted deck plants back to their spots again. So pretty, all the flowers against the yellow...gorgeous.

Sleep well all, I am heading there now. Carol, hope the news from Ralph's doctors is good news.

• Members

Ralph is home from the hospital. He is feeling better, (and so glad to be home) and this time the pneumonia did not lay him as low as last time. They finally got the heart rate and blood pressure leveled out and he is on some antibiotics that cost $1500.00 for 9 pills! Thank God, over and over again, for insurance! the MRSA showed up again and that is why the ultra-expensive antibiotics. He tires easily, but that is to be expected....hopefully he will be back to himself by next week. Good to have him home. Cathi came over tonight and watched the game with us and we had a good visit. She and I went out for Chinese food before the game (Ralph can't eat that stuff, so we didn't want to bring it home) and we got some good "girl time" in. The night was made even better by the Sox winning [sorry, Colleen :-) ...maybe the Brewers will win tomorrow...and maybe not...:-) ]

Lorri: I agree with you assessment of the cloud formation...a beautiful, slender girl in the clouds...showing her mom that she is indeed always with her and appreciating the things her mom does to keep her memory going. Such a gift from your sweet girl. Prayers for Kody's safety tomorrow.

Dee: SO glad your house is finished...I can imagine how it must look...going to post pics? Glad you got to share time with your tink, and then your walk with your friend and the little one. So glad to hear that he is thriving, also.

Kathy: so glad Barry got the camper ready...I know you will have a good time. I wish I had Barry's handyman gifts around here...much to do for maintenance, but no one here in our house who can do it. We do have a handyman here in our community though, and he is good, and very reasonable. I hope Tavian has a good time pulling the nets. My dad came to America from Newfoundland at the age of 12, already a fisherman, and remained so for the rest of his life. The sea was a part of him, but it was a hard life.

Karen: So very sorry about what happened on FB to Shawn's site. As others have mentioned, perhaps you could do one on your own and that way you would govern what is posted and what is not posted. I am not familiar with it, so can't offer much advice. I have a FB site, but don't go on it much. I get confused by how it works. Thinking of you as you work through this torment of someone who has obviously moved on, and sadly wants you to know it.

Greg: I love what you posted. Just as I opened it, my daughter Cathi and I were talking about how we need to stop helping Davis as much as we have been, as he really needs to strike out on his own and leave us (his grandparents) to enjoying our retirement. He is working hard to overcome his problems, but perhaps it is time to let him work a little harder and more independently. "Life's too short" is so, so true, and don't we here all know that?

Colleen: Sorry bout that...The Sox wound up beating the Brewers 10-4...a good game, started out bad with Lackey giving up two runs, but after that he got into it again and did a good job. The spirit of the park and the fans was palpable. The boards you saw are a huge part of the park...one of the last (If not The last) manual ones in the country. The lit up board is the jumbotron of course, and that is where we post the message for Mike on his birthday. Here is the first one we did, at his birthday anniversary game, August of 07.... (we all go to a game for his birthday, bringing his boys (per his request), and we have a message like this done each year...he asked that we remember his birthday by donating to the Children's Cancer Fund of which the Red Sox are a huge part, and when you do that, you are able to have a message on the jumbotron) Holding you close, my friend, as Sunday waits in your heart...know that we are here with you and for you.

post-269798-0-66149900-1308369525_thumb.

• Members

Colleen and Lorri - Hard weekend for you both. Angelversaries, Fathers Days, heck everyday has the ability to be hard. Wish I had the words. Just know that Kourtney and Brian are never forgotten.

Carol - Glad to hear that Ralph is home and feeling better. Wow the price of meds is riduculous. Glad the Sox won, sorry Colleen.

Dee - Dappled light with warm days, perfect to spend sometime with Eri and your journal. House painting UGH! Have that to look forward to in the upcoming months. The house in the hills needs to painted outside and fresh colours for the interior. My project to kick start my return to the hills....looking for the positives ;)

Karen - I get that our son's partners will move on, I get that they, being young will find another mate, I get that we are different when we grieve, but I don't get that they forget we don't move on so fast. Thankfully Amanda is computer illiterate and doesn't use any social networking. Mikes page on FB is overseen by his sister. I can only hope that you are spared any more pain and that Shawn's memory is held with deep respect both for Shawn and your family.

Greg - Borrowed your post. Needed to focus more and more on the message. Have much to be going on with, retrograde drama does nothing to enhance the life I should be leading.

Am at the Bay for a 10 day stay. Mal came with me, he wants to 'recover' here. All was going so well till he turned over last night and woke this morning with what appears to be a torn ligament from his shoulder over his bicep. Pain pretty impressive 6 out of 10 and the man is no sook. So to the local hospital. Think small country town, no doctors, no new patients being accepted anyway, emergeny department at the local hospital only has x-ray for broken bones, no ultrasound for muscle tears ~ they get transported 2hrs away. So prescription pain killers, rest and relax, then back to the hills for Monday ultrasound... Approached the subject of 'maybe this is your bodies way of saying RETIRE". Funny didn't go to well.

Oh well, cutting grass, planting tulip bulbs while the sun is out....

Hugs to you all...my Indigo Family

• Guests
Guest msnher

Good morning, Everyone;

A quiet morning here in the Thompson household, so far. No one is awake but me. I hear movement as I type....fingers crossed I get a few more minutes of alone time.

Karen - You did better than I would have done. I wouldn't have thought to ask FB to close the page, I would have just used it as fighting ground. How's your back? Don't forget my door is always open for you if you decide to go for a drive.

Carol - So glad Ralph is home. $1500.00 for how many pills? They better damn well work! Glad you and Cathi had some "girl time". I love that time with my daughters and daughter in law.

Dee - I hope you'll post pictures of your house. It sounds lovely. Isn't Eri Days approaching soon? It's the second week of July, yes?

Colleen - You are such a dear friend. I can't tell you how much our conversations have meant to me during the last couple of years. I'm not as good about picking up the phone to call. Still I love and hold you close each day as I tend to all these kids. Do you have anything planned for tomorrow?

Well I have two little girls talking to me right now...hungry and full of energy...so, I'll have to check back later.

Love to you all,

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members

Carol - Yes, the Brewer's lost, big time. But who better to loss to than one of my good friend's teams. I pointed out the scoreboard to Scott when we were watching the game. The announcers of the game stated many times on how Fenway is the ball park of ball parks. What a great billboard post for your Michael of his kids. WOW so much money for 9 pills. Praying for Ralph to recover.

Well my friends - Scott has been talking about getting a headstone for Brian. He thinks Brian's friends and family have no where to go to memorialize Brian. I asked Scott to do what is in his heart. I for one would not visit that one place to send love to my boy. I send love to him everywhere. I will support Scotts decision (when and if he decides) but Brian did not want to go in the ground. Strange we talked about it.

Sus - I will give you a call again. Just too sad now. I like to talk positive and bring the spirits up of my friends. Now, I cannot do that. But I will return.

Lorri - This Indigo family really came through for you, your family and Kourtney. This group is really something - hey!!

Love to you all

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

Hi All, going to take a shower and do some big errands for the day. Just got off my bike, 10 miles around the two towns on a quiet Saturday morning. My friends next door and 200 others of their group are riding bikes yesterday and today, 100 miles for a charity. I don't go ever because it involves riding on two lane highways and I just am way too skittish, so I stick to my quiet street riding adn bike paths.

I will post some pics later, must go for now.

Karen, Glad that you shut it down, but starting it up for Shawn's friends might be nice for you too.

Col, I know the day could hold a lot of anxiety and angst for you all, hold tight as Brian brings you signs to let you all know of his peaceful home.

• Members

Hi Gang,

went to KOHLS ( tell Scott I am keeping Kohs in $$$ Colleen) yesterday and bought two more of the same dress I bought last year that I love, half off. Cotton sleeveless umpire waist(forgiving) and printed. I am in a phase of menopause that one could call ugly. I call it something much stronger. I am boiling out of the blue on a perfectly beautiful day.

Today my husband and I went out to Hobby Lobby where I purchased items for my upcoming class. We make our journals so I bought the materials for that and a few other things.

I am tutoring three kids now, one starting after class on Monday. A struggling reader.

So all is quiet, I am rather preoccupied by putting together my crates to use in teaching. I hope everyone is having good weather, and gentle breezes.

Colleen, I am holding your hand, Scott's too as you face the anniversary on Father's Day. Blessings.

• Members

Lorri-Sorry I missed Kortney's angel day. I also see the girl in the clouds. I think Kourtney was showing you she was there.

Colleen-I may not be able to get on tomorrow, but know I'm thinking of you and your family. May you feel Brian's presence and love surrounding you all.

Amy/Ashlry's mom

• Members

Greg, Dan, C.J.,Tony and all the Dads we know of through the Moms here, God Bless you as you wake up on Fathers Day. Some of you your 5th or 6th without your Sweet Child, some of you your 1st. If I could impress upon you anything-you will always be the Champ to your Child, You will always be loved and held in high esteem, You will always be their Hero.

• Members

Its not Fathers Day here, but I think I just had the best 'sign' from my son ~ and yes I do grab at straws.

Youngest son was walking his dog through the local craft market. Its about 2mins from his home. As he wandered through the stalls he noticed a dark haired girl at a hand made jewellery stand. As she turned he stopped dead in his tracks. There were the features of his older brother, dark eyes, long dark hair. A blend of Emily & Jeya. Yes it was Micheals daughter Harmony.

Amanda and Micheal were making light catchers, beadworked jewellery the year before he died. She is now working the local markets. Once she saw Steven she packed and left.

My heart is aching, bursting my head is spinning. She is so close, yet so far, but I am not giving up hope......On a weekend when so many are aching with the loss of their child....I thank you Indigos for listening to my ravings....Trudi

• Members

An eternal bond death cannot break

Memories time will not take

Lasting love that never ends

Until the day we meet again

I love you Jaquell

I cannot believe this marks one year you have left us. Nothing has been the same, nothing ever will. We will walk today in your memory, hoping you are proud of us helping other people as you did when you were here.

post-295256-0-12102500-1308482713_thumb.

• Members

JAQUELL, JAQUELL, JAQUELL---on this sad date we say your name to let you know that you are never forgotten, and we ask you to sweep to your Mom's side and let her know in some dear way that you are right there with her.

Lisa, holding you while you travel such a very hard date.

• Members

BRIAN

BRIAN

Brian

filled with love and a ready smile, fly freely Sweetie and visit your Family today letting them know that you are a forever presence in their lives. Help them know of your love.

Col and Scott and Michele and Aaron, may you find the strength that binds you together and allows you to live your best lives.

• Members

Holy Cow Trudi, so very close. I feel hopeful then that perhaps this little beauty will be able to find her way into the lives of those who also love her. Prayers.

• Members

To Brian

It was a beautiful summer day, Michelle had just graduated from HS and you wanted to hang with your friends. I said "Yes". About 9:30 pm, I got the call every parent dreads "Brian has been in an accident, Come down here, it is really bad." I jumped in the car and drove the 1/4 mile to the scene. I could hear a helicopter and saw the perimedics all around you. Police everywhere.

We left the scene to meet flight for life at the hospital. Little did we know, that you would die right there on the side of the road and flight for life would come back empty.

Car-surfing - What the hell is that?????

A day does not go by that I do not miss your sense of humor. You were and still are 1 in a million.

We miss you more than words can say.

We are forever fractured.

Brian, Brian, Brian

Love to my boy

Colleen

• Members

Fractured indeed Colleen, and at the same time, learning to live with cracks and holes. He must be so proud of you.

• Members

Happy Fathers Day

Greg, Dan, CJ, Tony and all the Indigo Dads out there

Have a Blessed Day remembering the touch and smile of your Beautiufl Gift from God

• Members

Brian Brian Brian

Touch Mom and Dad with the warmth of your spirit on this memorable day

post-275735-0-43371200-1308487758_thumb.

• Members

Jaquell, Jaquell, Jaquell, saying your name out loud!

post-278995-0-98228600-1308488961_thumb.

• Members

Jaquell,

Jaquell

Jaquell

Jaquell's Mom, we share this date as a date our lives changed forever. A piece of us died this date.

May your son give you butterfly kisses today and everyday

Colleen

• Members

Happy Father's Day

Greg, Dan, Tony, CJ and many, many more

You are forever and always their Fathers

Colleen

• Members

Brian, Brain, Brian.

Saying your name out loud.

post-278995-0-70210000-1308490445_thumb.

• Guests
Guest msnher

"Happy" Father's Day to all of you. Karen - you are on my mind this morning as you were both mother and father for your sons for many years.

CJ and Tony - Your first Father's Day without your child. Yes, you have other children to focus on but that seems near impossible in light of the one that's gone. Let your tears fall freely. I know you will also let your surviving children know they are loved and appreciated. Hugs to you both.

Ralph - YAHOOOOO! I'm sure Mike will be sending you loads of hearts and slug bugs today! (A special kiss on your cheek from me)

Dan and Greg - A father's heart. Not only do you walk through the loss of your sons you do what you can to help us take that one more step. Blessings to you both.

Scott - I've never met you but I know today is especially difficult for you. Today not only marks the day you became a father, it marks the day one of your children left this physical world. You suffer quietly, but you suffer greatly. There are no right or wrongs on this journey of grief. Survival seems to be the main goal...not because we want to but because we've been given no other choice. I'm sure there are days you feel the sun and your heart swells with gratitude for what you have left, but there are also days, like today, when the focus is on what was taken. My prayer is that you be touched with his presence in a profound manifestation of power and love on this very day. Of course, I also ask that Colleen, Michelle and Aaron get to have that same manifestation.

Jaquell's dad - I offer the same prayer for you!

Much love,

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members
heartbeataway

/˚ * ˚ ˚˚ ˛* ˛° * ° ˚ *˚ . 
/*˛˚˚ ˚˚ *..Remembering and Celebrating Brian & Jaquell ..... / \ ˚. *˛ ˚ ˚ *˛˚ ˚ *˛ ˚ ˚˚* ˛˚˚* ˚ ˚ *˚ . /

• Members

Here is a song I got from a dear friend of mine. To all the Dads here, we're supposed to fix everything but this is one thing that can't be fixed so all that's left is to fix ourselves as best we can. Remember....we will see our children again.

• Members

Sweet Greg, thanks for the song and how wonderful your voice of knowing is to those newer on this road, the Dads reading your words must feel the encouragement to keep on moving forward from a Dad that knows what the road is like having traveled it this long.

Happy Fathers Day to all of our Angels who are Daddies. May you see the love that is ever present in your light.

• Members

JAQUELL...JAQUELL JAQUELL....HUGGGSSSSSSSSSSSS

BRIAN BRIAN BRIAN....HUGGS AND TEARS TO ALL

KODY RAN NASCAR YEST AND LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEED IT...THE DRIVER SAID HE DID GREAT....THEN WE WENT TO RIDE GO KARTS FOR 2 HOURS...KODY SAID NOTHING COMPARES TO NASCAR....NOT EVEN HOOTERS...(WHERE DO THEY FIND THESE GIRLS)...OH WELL GREAT EXPENSIVE DAY BUT MANY MEMORIES...

TRYING TO POST PICS, KODY GETTN IN THE CAR...KODY JUST DONE RACING LOOK AT SMILE...

post-275957-0-19043600-1308516035_thumb.

post-275957-0-27397100-1308516216_thumb.

• Members

BRIAN...BRIAN...BRIAN...BRAIN...Be with your sweet mom and dad, and your sibs, Michelle and AJ, as they remember you, the you that you were and always will be...surround them with your sweetness, your love of life, and let them know that you are still near them, watching them, loving them...as always.

Colleen and Scott, Michelle and AJ: Holding you close in thoughts and prayers today and sending strength to all of you...this is a remembrance of a day we never wish we had to know, but the one you are remembering will always be with you, and is so proud of you for living in his honor.

• Members

JAQUELL...

JAQUELL...

JAQUELL...

JAQUELL...

Make sweet, sweet music for your wonderful mom, surround her with your love and let her know you are always there with her, always.

Lisa...holding you close, sending you love and strength...

• Members

To all of our dads here, hoping you had a day where you could grieve for your loss, and yet allow your sweetest memories to comfort you, and to allow your remaining children to be a part of bringing some joy to you this day...you are their special angel in this life, and always, always, your precious child who has gone on before you will be by your side, surrounding you with love and strength, even on those days when the "strongest" thing you can do is get dressed.

sending love and strength...

• Members

Lorri: SO glad Kody had a good day at the races and you sure can see his enjoyment of this time in his life...good for him!!!

Sus: Your words, so comforting, so wise, and always from your heart. Ralph says thanks for the "yahooo!"

Trudi: Your angel who watches over you, also watches over that sweet little one, and we know that he was surely instrumental in Steven's gift...a glimpse of her as she is today, so he can report back to you...

Greg: Thanks for the song...beautiful. Hope you had a good day with your family and your sweet angel watching over all of you.

Colleen: Sorry that the Brewers lost again today...but glad that they took at least one game...it was fun knowing that you were watching the game, too, (though you may not have, today---did you?)

Everyone...have a good evening, as you head into a new week...

• Members

Brian, Brian, Brian-Saying your name and hoping your mom and family feel your presence & love today.

Jaquell,Jaquell,Jaquell-Surround your mom & family with love and let them feel your presence as they remember your sweet life.

Colleen & Lisa-Sending hugs your way today as you remember your sons.

Greg, CJ, Tony, Dan & all the other dads-Happy Father's Day...I know how much you miss your kids, and hate that they are not here today, but they'll always be in your hearts & minds, and are watching over you today.

Amy/Ashley's mom