momofJustin

• Members
daveydow1

Dan---What a lovely story of the beautiful butterfly, and how your wife

was able to revive him, and then let him fly on his way. Sweet Nick was

surely giving a gentle message of love to both of you. A very touching

thing to happen. We look for these dear signs from our kids, and when

they happen....we feel so blessed.

Redcouch------I am so very sorry for your loss of your dear daughter, Nicole.

While we here at BI never wish for new friends to come here, I am glad that

you have found this site. As Dee said......we are at all stages on our journey

of grief from the loss of a child. You can come and read/post as often or whenever

you want to. The first year, and beyond, can be so very hard to find any firm

footing in this new place we find ourselves. You have had so much sorrow in your life,

and losing your daughter is the greatest of all sorrows. Please come back to BI and

tell us about your beloved Nicole when you can. Peace & prayers, friend.  

• Replies 68.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

ROY WAS RELEASED FROM THE HOSP..IT WAS A PULLED MUSCLE...SO THANK YAL FOR PRAYING IM SO GLAD HE WILL BE OK..

AMY THINKING AND PRAYING FOR YOU FOR GOOD OUT COME OF WHAT EVER MEDICAL PLAN THEY HAVE AHEAD FOR YAL...

BE BLESSED..

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Lots going on here (all good--getting ready for Marcia arriving tomorrow), so not on BI too much. Just a note that I think of you all so much, and sending special thoughts and prayers to Sherry for Lisa and to Betty for Stephen. Love & Hugs!!! ~Claudia (4EverJoeysMom)

• Members
summergirl

Very busy here indeed. Still not myself but getting a bit better. Just cannot go to sleep without coming here to say hello...hope to catch up with all real soon.

Love and Peace, Kathy

• Members

STEPHEN STEPHEN STEPHEN....THINKING OF YOU AND YOUR WONDERFUL FAMILY.....TODAY AND EVERYDAY

MARCIA HAVE A SAFE TRIP YOU AND LARRY AND HAVE A GREAT TIME...GIVE THEM A HUG FROM US...

• Members
ericasmom

Sleep tight all, just got home from a retirement party, oh my seven of my beloved so workers are leaving. I cried a lot.

Dan, love the butterfly.

Sonya, so good to see you.

Sherry, hugs.

Amy, my absolute prayers for your Husband adn a good outcome. Thank heavens, and your Angel for the pain that took him to the doctor in the first place. Good that he listened to his body. So good that his cancer is caught so early.

Journey safely and happily Marcia, and in turn, enjoy the time Claudia.

STEPHEN, send signs to your Momma tonight, letting her feel your absolute love.

• Members
heartbeataway

Stephen ....... saying your name outloud! 

• Members

Hello my Fellow Indigo's

It is raining like crazy here in Wisconsin - Green, Green, Green

Tomorrow is my trip to Horicon Marsh for the First Light Bird Tour.  It is suppose to rain all morning.  And no-one will cancel.  These are die-hard birders.

I am thinking of all the Mother's here on Beyond indigo as Sunday, Mother's Day approaches.  A very hard day indeed for us. 

We are all still Mother's to our children. 

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever and Ever and Ever

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Help! I am looking for a photo collage of all our BI kids that was posted here some time ago. I had a jpg on my old laptop, but it got fried and I haven't retrieved the hard drive yet. Does anyone have a copy. I would like to print it and take it this weekend for our tour of Quito with Marcia and Larry.... Thanks!!

• Members

Good Morning Indigos

Claudia Dan produced the picture  and I think Susannah posted it a few days ago.

I am sure someone will help.  Hope you have fun this weekend.

Thank you so very much for your loving celebration of Stephen's Angel day.   I feel so very  privileged  to know such a compassionate, wise, accepting group who have experienced such  pain and can use that  to light the way for others in such  a constructive way,

Dan the card with Stephen's picture was  beautiful and made me cry.  Kathy the angel wings and Betsy the Hand of God touched my heart and soul.

Bonnie, Susannah, Mary Ann, Dee, Claudia, Carol, Sonya, Sherry, Colleen, Lorrie , Amy thank you for being here and taking the time to acknowledge  my day of remembrance even though you all have   your own pain .

Colleen enjoy your bird watching weekend Dee my goodness so many friends retiring that is hard. Dan loved the Butterfly story  how gentle of your wife .Sherry . baby Lisa;s life will remain with me always and be in my prayers.  Lorrie so glad it is only a pulled muscle and all is well.  Susannah glad you are feeling stronger but it  is so good to have a place to come as you are. Kathy glad Barry is recovering so well and I do hope you begin to get your health back this weekend. MaryAnn Hope the weekend weather is good and you can get out  like Betsy and feel the gentle breeze in your hair.  Claudia I hope the visit with Marcia is fun and & Bonnie I always think how Blessed your  new daughter has been  sharing her life with you

You are all a beautiful treasure for which I will be eternally grateful.  Will honor us all this weekend.

Betty

Stephen's mom

• Guests

Claudia - I sent the picture in an attachment to your email address, listed in your profile. 

Another grey, chilly day here in Wyoming.  I've already accomplished several things this morning, so I am rewarding myself with a hot cup of coffee and reading on my laptop.

My youngest daughter is 25 today.  She called me a few weeks ago to tell me how depressed she was because she found her first grey hair.  I told her she is never to call me with such news again.  Reminds me of the time my oldest daughter and I were looking at ourselves in the hallway mirror and I remarked at how old I'm getting.  "You're not old, Mom."  she said sincerely, "I'm old!"

LOL

Enjoy your day!

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members
4everjoeysmom

THANK YOU!!!! Love Y'all! Catch you in a few days. We will be praying for all of you at the Basilica in Quito on Mother's Day. Taking your kids with us. xoxoxoxo

For the sake of interest, here is a link to photo images of the Basilica. I have 53 names on my list (new and old BI friends over the past few years) and the photo collage. :)

http://www.google.com/images?q=basilica+quito&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=zFPkS_tcwf3wBv6J2fIM&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=6&ved=0CD0QsAQwBQ

• Members
ericasmom

Thanks for taking All of our Angels with you Claudia, I hope that you feel the collective smile in our hearts and the joy of our Angels.

dee

• Members

RELAY FOR LIFE TISHIRT FRONT

post-22932-128153898802_thumb.jpg

• Members

THE BACK OF MY T SHIRT  YA THINK CANCER CAN READ THIS????

post-22932-128153898805_thumb.jpg

• Members
mikesmomrs

Wow, the board is quiet tonight!

Lorri: That's some shirt...I think it's great...good luck with the walk!

All:  Just wanted to come on and say hello and goodnight...I am getting ready to start watching the ball game (they've won the last 4 and tonight they face the Yankees...sorry Betty...  And, I haven't eaten supper yet because I've been out in the yard most of the live long day!  and my muscles are telling me about it, too!  But it was good to get some things done.  I need to start watering pretty much every day because the spring clean up guy put down some seed...boy is that a chore...go out and move the hose, come in sit down, go out and move the hose, come in sit down, go out and move the hose...you get the idea...some of the time, of course, I was already out there...  The very first flower I was going to plant (and then found out you should wait til fall---Peonies), when I turned the dirt over with the hand shovel, part of it fell into a tiny heart shape, about an inch across.  I guess Mike was about...nice.

Have a good Friday evening everybody...at least what's left of it...and a good weekend...I know there is all kinds of weather about, so hopefully where you are will be what you want...

Dee:  Your dream was so sad..I know it likely upset you. 

Amy:  good luck to your hubby.

Colleen:  you and your daughter enjoy your birdwatching.  thinking of you.

Claudia and Marcia:  I know you are having a great time!!!  thinking of you both, in that beautiful country...:cool:

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

• Members
summergirl

Hello dear indigo's - I am feeling much better, seems like everything is breaking up now so hopefully will get some rest over the weekend.

Lorrie - LOVE, LOVE the t-shirt....wear it proudly my friend.

Tavian had a good baseball game tonight, they lost but it is good to learn that you do not win all the time. He had some great hits and he is helping some of his team mates to play better, for some it is their first year so they do not quite get it. It is so cute watching him "being a coach"....he is his mommy's son. I got teary tonight watching him play - thinking how Jessica should be there with him giving him the high five's and cheering for him....I know she sees from above but how I wish....

Barry is down another 10 pounds, he looks so good. He bought a treadmill that will be delivered tomorrow...he is excited about that and is also getting his bike in tune so we can go bike riding. I will post a before and after pic for all.

Mother's Day is upon us, another year without my Jessica showing up with my one red rose.....I miss that so much as I miss all other things but sometimes one tiny thing can throw you into a tail spin....But I will be strong for Tavian as I know that he has made me something in school, so I will smile and love it whatever it is.   I had my parent-teacher conference and Tavian is now reading at 5th grade level and doing 4th grade math....she said he is amazing and very social also - haha.

A sweet good night and love to all....Kathy

• Members

YAH THE BOARD IS PROBABLY QUIET BECAUSE THE ANGELS ARE NOT HERE AND MOTHERS DAY IS UPON US...WE ARE DRIVING TO THE CITY SUNDAY AFTER CHURCH TO EAT WITH KIMBERLY AND CODY..AND KODY HAS TO WORK...SO I WILL BE SAD HE WONT BE WITH US THAT DAY EITHER....AND IM MISSING MY GIRL AS YAL ARE ALL MISSING YOUR ANGELS.....SOOOOOO BADLY...

• Members
ericasmom

Hi Kath,

yes the teachers usually told me that my kids were very social as well. I took that to be a good sign however, though there were years that the term, "overly social" was used for both of my little ones. Turns out however, that their social skills are what makes them such nice humans.

I had the kids working on Mom Day Cards, and honestly, I don't always for reasons such as a Child missing a Mom and not yet able to discuss it, or a Child or two that had been adopted but the adoptions were not going well...so some years I simply avoided it. This year, the families are all situated and comfortable with who they are,  so I had the thought to outline our hands and cut them out on the fold, like you would for a heart or a tree, so that when you open it, there would be two hands with touching thumbs and forefingers. The day before we wrote rough drafts of a poem to our Moms. Everyone's first line is, " This is the hand..."

So that is all the instruction I gave, to write a poem to Mom with the line starting it saying, This is the hand that, and I told them to think of that hand right there on the end of their arm. Wow how tiny it was the day you were born. A tiny little fist, the size of a walnut, with five tiny digits sticking from it. How precious those hands were/are. Moms kiss newborn hands, nuzzle them. And that same hand learned to hold your Mom's hand, and that hand hung on when you learned to walk, to skip, to go to school.

So then they began to write, adn raise their hands to read. I said, "sure, let me hear."Well, this was yesterday, and the first poem started me crying, the rest made it flow. I loved their poems, they were wonderful, and I sat there with tissue box listening. One child ended hers with, "And this is the hand that will never be too old to hold." So we wrote our poems on the connected hand cards adn they looked great. A keepsake.

OH MY GOODNESS, I have missed holding Eri's big hands since she left. And she was never too old for me to hold her hands, those hands that I nuzzled on the day she was born. I guess I have been crying a lot this week, Mom Day is shutting me out this year. Don't know why exactly, but that sad dream I had really hit me hard, and I have felt low since. Now the barometer has dipped and swayed a lot in the last four days aswell, so that can have its affect.

Carol, that dream did a number on me that is for sure. I felt so lonely afterwards, and I felt so sad for all of you that had to face an illness with the knowledge of its strength and the prognosis it held.

Forgive my tired self, I am seeing double I am  tired, so I will go to bed, see you soon.

Dee

• Members

Its Saturday evening here and I find myself like many of us here lost on the eve of Mothers Day.

Dee - I can see why the words of those innocence would start the tears falling from an aching heart that remembers so well holding that hand that trusted in you so much.

I have a box (2 actually) called the Reminising (sp)Box.  It holds school writings from prep, to plays, to times table cards, ribbons and many many more milestones.  It starts at prep through to YR 12.

Tonight I sat with all around me, tears falling, touching each piece as though it will bring Micheal closer.....one I will share with you that hit my heart hardest.

001-12.jpg002-10.jpg

May you all find a memory that while it brings tears, it also brings a smile from a place that keeps your child with you always.

Trudi

• Guests

Good morning, Indigo's,

My grandkids did the Mother's Day card "thing" at school yesterday, too.  Seven yr old Jasmine was her usual excited self and gave both Grandma and Grandpa a Mother's Day card.

8 yr old Mariah opted out of her classroom's activity.  I'm grateful her teacher didn't push her.

5 yr old Jonathon made a Mother's Day card to give to his Daddy.  Daddy cancelled the visit, however, just as the kids were putting on their coats to leave.  That happens so often the kids don't react anymore.

Trudi - I love the Mother's Day card Micheal made for you.  I can see you there, touching each memory tenderly as the tears fall down your cheeks. 

Dee - You are a good teacher.  Always thinking of your students.  I sense your ache, emptiness and sorrow growing stronger as Eri's date approaches???  Yet, even in your pain, you continue to reach out to others (us).  Bless you for continuing to help light the way (or at least explain it) to those of us newer to this life.

Carol, Betty, Colleen, Sherry, Kathy, Dan, Greg, Ami, and all other Indigo's....holding you close in thought and heart!

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members
ericasmom

Trudi, thanks for sharing your Beautiful Michael card, so absolutely wonderful. And I agree with what he said to you, you are the BEST!

Susannah, I know the kids don't react as they once did to their father's inability to follow through, but I wish folks could see the ache and the scars they cause when they are stupid about one's heart. I am glad that you are there to help piece it all together for them.

And we sit with empty arms and full hearts,

spilling eyes and quivering lips as we pass the aisles of cards-

the ones that wish a Happy Mothers Day, Happy Fathers Day,

and we feel blinded sometimes by the phrase-

because they are not here,

and so I whisper my greetings,

not seen on a card at the store,

and I see what the decorations that line my words;

birds and dragonflies, vistas of places visited long ago,

and my words are simple and true,

Thank You Daughter, Thank You Son,

for all the ways you have filled my heart

for all the love that will carry me home

one day to you.

• Members

WELL ITS ALMOST CLEAR BUT VERY VERY COLD...KODY WENT TO THE LAKE YEST WITH HIS FRIENDS AND MONTY AND I CRIED, CUZ KODY JUST DONT DO THAT KIND OF STUFF...BUT I NO HES GROWING UP....HE SAID HE HAD FUN BUT THE WATER WAS VERY COLD...SILLY OF ME WORRING ABOUT MY ALMOST 18YR OLD SON (OH GOD) SWIMMING WITH FRIENDS....BUT I LET HIM RACE????? LOL I NEED HELP

COOL AND WINDY HERE...KIMMY GOES TO SWEDEN IN 2 WKS..LIL NERVOUS ABOUT THAT TOO...SHES NOT...

post-22932-128153898809_thumb.jpg

• Members
ericasmom

Greg, how was your trip? Fish galore? Quiet times of deep rest and spiritual connection?

• Members
ericasmom

Lorri, it looks gorgeous, jump in and have a drink when it is hot, as far as worry, hell that is my middle name; Dee worry conmy. He is growing up isn't he? Kisses on the heads of your kids from me.

• Members
mysonrich

Good morning , This year I'm going to try to honor my mom on mother's day  in an effort to deflect my missing Rich and Sarah this year. I have made a conscious decision to bring forth memories of my mom, she is alive, to remember her in the years she raised us. My mom returned to nursing school when she had 3 teens and a preteen at home. She graduated with the highest marks. Mom is smart and I am always amazed at her capacity to remember, file,  retain data in her memory. I'm going to think of our times at the Jersey shore,( not the tv show, I don't recognize that place), Wildwood, New Jersey and Cape May. Back in the day when we dressed up to walk the "boards". ( boardwalk) .Where I also took my children. My son loved my mom very much. My mom also lost her young 14 year old son many years ago and her eldest daughter, 5 years ago. so in a effort to also honor my son, I'll try to live tomorrow in a way that is productive for me.we'll see if this works.

I wanted to share my " temp" job with you all. I'm doing this while I try to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. Don't know the exact time frames but it has allowed me to see what else is out there.

This is an example.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm thinking of all of you.

Rich in Ecuador!  Wow !

and, still waiting for Greg's " big fish story"

Dee, the dreams we can't shake. ugg, I know.

Dan, heartwarming that a butter fly was setfree. as your family also did last year?

Betsy, mysonRich

• Members

Mother's Day Wish From Heaven

Dear Mr. Hallmark,

I am writing to you from heaven, and though it must appear

A rather strange idea, I see everything from here.

I just popped in to visit, your stores to find a card

A card of love for my mother, as this day for her is hard.

There must be some mistake I thought, every card you could imagine

Except I could not find a card, from a child who lives in heaven.

She is still a mother too, no matter where I reside

I had to leave, she understands, but oh the tears she’s cried.

I thought that if I wrote you, that you would come to know

That though I live in heaven now, I still love my mother so.

She talks with me, and dreams with me; we still share laughter too,

Memories our way of speaking now, would you see what you could do?

My mother carries me in her heart, her tears she hides from sight.

She writes poems to honor me, sometimes far into the night

She plants flowers in my garden, there my living memory dwells

She writes to other grieving parents, trying to ease their pain as well.

So you see Mr. Hallmark, though I no longer live on earth

I must find a way, to remind her of her wondrous worth

She needs to be honored, and remembered too

Just as the children of earth will do.

Thank you Mr. Hallmark, I know you’ll do your best

I have done all I can do; to you I’ll leave the rest.

Find a way to tell her, how much she means to me

Until I can do it for myself, when she joins me in eternity.

post-22932-128153898812_thumb.jpg

• Members
ericasmom

Betsy, which job is yours, arresting folks or volunteering at camp? Love the whole idea of camp for Kids who never get to have such a time. Jonathan's neighbor has MD, muscular distrophy.

Last year, my niece Laura's friend, lost her sister to Crohns disease and this first year anniversary there wa a fund raisser that earned 30,000 in her name, for Chrohns Camp. How very dear is that?

Living on the best way we can.

Lorri, love the hallmark poem.

dee

• Members
mysonrich

DSCI0027.jpg

Dee, I help out with recruiting the good people that get locked-up.

Lorri, a very nice card and I also liked the great picture of your son by the azalea.

Colleen, Dee, Sherry, birdwatchers, a "couple" hanging around today. do you know what they are??

• Members

Hello Indigos

I know this is a sad time  for us but I had to sign on and acknowledge  all the wonderful Mom's and Dads' I  have had the honor to come to know as my "Indigo Family".  The beauty of your spirits shines thru on each posting and the compassion touches my soul.

Trudi  So beautiful to see the Mother's day card from Michael.  The child's handwriting so very touching..  I had to go to my special box and search out the one's I was fortunate enough to still have.  They are so very special.  They remind me of the small little children who trusted so and the  special teachers who encouraged those little hands.

Dee Loved your idea of the Mom's Day cards with the children.  Your description of holding Eri little hand that trusted so much in your being there reminded me of my many memories of Stephen and his "Little " hand.  Thanks

Carol  I did see how the Yankees played last night but I do understand it was a good game.   I Know that Damien will warm your heart and day.

Betsy I love the video and the new birds I will leave to the true bird watchers.   and your plans to honor your mom and so honor Rich.  Your mom sounds like quite a lady. I smiled as you reminded us of  the walks on the Jersey Shore boardwalks "all dressed up"  New job also sounds like a step in the right direction.:cool:

Lorrie the poem and picture was beautiful

Susannah your 3 little Grand Children sound so precious and you are to be admired for all the good that you bring to them.

Kathy  I know the same is true for Tavian and how much love you bring to him.  I am glad that Barry is doing so well.

Claudia  Thanks for bringing our angels with you to that beautiful cathedral.  I know they are Blessed

To you and to, Sonya, Sherry,Colleen, Mary Ann, Beth, Leah, Marcia, Bonnie , Greg and Dan and all Indigos Please know that you are very Special Moms and Dad's.  I respect each of you for your dignity, perseverance, courage and wisdom.  Thank you for being here and sharing your thoughts and true selves.

I know our Angels are watching over us and smiling there warmth down on each of us  as we do our best to get thru this next Mother's Day.

Have a Blessed Evening

Betty

Stephen's mom

• Members
briansdad

sorry I haven't posted the picture yet but my computer is screwed up. I hope all of you ladies have a good mothers day tomorrow. I know you kids will be close for you to feel.

Greg

• Guests

Betsy - Are they red-headed finches?

Oh Indigo's.  This has nothing to do with this site.  But, I am going to pour my heart out and maybe regret it later.

My daughter in law walked in on my son with another woman this morning.  In their bed.  Both butt naked.  A huge drunk party while he was supposedly watching their children...ages 2 and 1.  She called and asked me to come right over.  They rent from us and it takes about 15 seconds to get from my back door to their back door.

Apparently yesterday he admitter to her that he had been cheating.  She was going to spend the weekend with her sister and go to work, while he kept the kids.  She came home to get her toothbrush and that's what she walked into.

I kicked the other woman off our property...told my son to get his sh** and get out.  And, stayed by my daughter in law all day.  Helping her clean up from last night's party and wash the bedding and just listen as she sobbed.

My son has tried to call me several times.  The first time threatening suicide, but not telling me where he was.  The second time to tell me what a lousy mother I am for not taking his side.

I finally turned off my phone.

My daughter in law says she suspects he's back on drugs. 

No more rescuing from Mom.  Of course now he's promising to change and "fix" everything.  I told him to tell it to the judge.

He tried to say I couldn't kick him out because he pays rent.  To which I just reminded him he's so far behind he doesn't have a leg to stand on. 

We co-signed for his truck and have made several payments to save our own credit.  But, no more.  His truck might get repossessed and it will affect our credit, but that's our fault. 

And, tonight I sit here wondering if I will have to bury my son.  My husband said it might not have gotten this bad if I hadn't always been there to pick up the pieces for him before. 

He wasn't attacking, we were just talking facts.  It's a fine line...love, helping and enabling.  We can literally love them to death.  I guess it has to get this bad before I realize I'm killing him either way.

He might choose death.  Before Stephanie died I would tell them to choose death...I was choosing life.  Now I know once they choose death, they've chosen for us, too.  But, we can't make them be adults.  We can't make them change.  I can't make them happy.  I can't fix it.

Thanks for listening.

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members
daveydow1

Colleen---How was the trip to Horicon Marsh? I hope all the die-hard birders

saw many types of birds and enjoyed themselves despite the weather.

Betsy----Not sure what birds are perched on the fence. I'll try to remember

to check my birds handbook. :)

Trudi----Oh, dear friend....that little card for Mothers Day from Mike is just the

sweetest & dearest thing. I can see why you hang onto it.......what a treasure.

Susannah---Thanks for your kind words & thoughts. 

Dee---Thanks for your poem for Mothers Day & Fathers Day. Davey was killed

the day before Fathers Day, so it is especially hard for my husband, but then

our Becky shows up with greetings and love for Fathers Day, and it helps him

so much. Sorry about the dream you had that is sticking in your mind. The

fundraiser for Crohn's your friend had for Crohn's camp is so very nice. I have

a niece and a cousin that have the disease. The niece had surgery at age 20's,

but seems to do well.

Lorri---Thanks for the MR HALLMARK poem about Mothers Day. Yes, it ends up

being a bittersweet day for all of us here at BI.

Kathy---Glad you are feeling better. Where do you go to the beach?

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL MOMS HERE AT BI.   (I'll be babysitting the grandies

tomorrow, so not sure I'll be able to check in on BI......it will be a "all-nighter") :D.

Davey&Lisasmom,   Sherry

• Members
summergirl

Hello dear Indigo's -

Trudi - thoughts of you sitting, surrounded by wonderful memories of your Mike, the tears gently rolling down your face as you try to smile through them....an experience we wish we were having because they lived in another part of the world, were away at college, anything but but the real reason why. Hugging you from afar but near in the heart...

Lorrie, thank you for posting the poem once again....I love it and have printed it out. I did talk to a lady who does the card isle in the store I go too...she had tears in her eyes as she listened to me talk about how hard it is to pass by all the "Mother's Day Cards", etc. - but nothing about when a child leaves this earth. She said she would talk to her boss but not sure that will happen.  Actually thought about writing to Hallmark myself...

Dee - a wonderful teacher you are, in every way.

Susannah - missing your "lenghty" posts - haha.....sweet friend.

I talked to my friend Lori on facebook last night, she wants the address for here so I am sending it too her tonight. She is hurting and I told her how much this site means to me and all that it has done for me. I hope that she visits and finds it to be as we have.

Been a very rough day today but am not going to talk about it - I am sure you all know what and who so there is really nothing to say that will ease my heart.

I am hoping and praying that eveyone do their best to have a somewhat good Mother's Day - the tears have fell today as they will tomorrow. Tavian is very excited to be able to give me the gift he did in school so I will smile with him.

Our beautiful, wonderful Angels - smile on us mom's tomorrow, surround us with your gentle love and may we hear you wisper in the wind.

• Guests

Sherry and Kathy - We posted at the same time. 

My mind is just a whirlwind of thoughts.  Did I do the right thing?  Should I have allowed my daughter in law's family to pick up the pieces for her and stuck by my son? 

Gary reminds me the obvious side we have taken is that of the grandchildren.  We will always choose "them".  Whichever "them" it happens to be. 

Thanks again, for listening.

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Hey Everybody, Here we are in Quito, having an awesome reunion. We will write to catch up more in a couple of days or so, but wanted to post a pic for now and say hello, many blessings to you all and we're praying us all through Mother's Day. Love & Hugs!! Claudia and Marcia

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Hey Everybody, Here we are in Quito, having an awesome reunion. We will write to catch up more in a couple of days or so, but wanted to post a pic for now and say hello, many blessings to you all and we're praying us all through Mother's Day. Love & Hugs!! Claudia and Marcia

• Members
4everjoeysmom

post-16030-128153898813_thumb.jpg

• Members
briansdad

Ok, finally repaired the PC. Here is the pic I promised. The thing in the right side of the pic is not the moon.We have another pic a few seconds after this one and no orb.

post-10710-128153898816_thumb.jpg

• Members

[align=left]singlerose.jpg

[/align][align=center]

[/align][align=left] I am writing to you from heaven, and though it must appear A rather strange idea, I see everything from here.

I just popped in to visit, the stores to find a card A card of love for my mother, as this day for her is hard.

There must be some mistake I thought, every card you could imagine Except I could not find a card, from a child who lives in heaven.

She is still a mother too, no matter where I reside I had to leave, she understands, but oh the tears she’s cried.

I thought that if I wrote you, that you would come to know that though I live in heaven now, I still love my mother so.

She talks with me, and dreams with me; we still share laughter too, Memories our way of speaking now, would you see what you could do?

My mother carries me in her heart, her tears she hides from sight.

She writes poems to honor me, sometimes far into the night She plants flowers in my garden, there my living memory dwells She writes to other grieving parents, trying to ease their pain as well.

So you see God, though I no longer live on earth I must find a way, to remind her of her wondrous worth She needs to be honored, and remembered too Just as the children of earth will do.

Thank you God, I know you’ll do your best I have done all I can do; to you I’ll leave the rest.

Find a way to tell her, how much she means to me Until I can do it for myself, when she joins me in eternity.

[/align][align=center]

[/align]

• Members
ericasmom

Thanks Greg, the photo of the fish is great, made even GREATER by the presence of your Angel, fishing right beside you. So it was a spirit filled trip. Good.

Dan, thanks for the rose.

Susannah, I think that I too would have supported the one who was being disrespected here, and in this case, it is your daughter-in-law. There are indeed two sides to each story, but your Son was supposed to be taking care of the kids, not being drunk and partying with another woman in the bed he shares with his wife. So I would not feel that you let your Son down, rather that you are supporting the one who will more than likely need the most support. As you adn your husband have pointed out, your Son needs to figure things out without the safety net of you, so his choices are his, not yours. Let his decisions be his now too. I know that that is much much easier said than done. I will say Shame on HIm to threaten suicide to a Mom that has buried a Child. Not playing fair at all, but if he is back with drugs, the words that come out are not well planned are they? I know you did not need this, Lord knows, but it is in his court now Sus, he has to pull himself out of this, you can't. If you could control it, he would not have been with a woman last night.

Claudia, what a great photo with two beautiful Women, two Moms, standing in the midst of ancient wonders. Enjoy this time, so glad for you all. Bethany and Joe stand with you too.

Betsy, how nice that you found something that gives you a sense of goodness in your days. And how nice for the people you are working with/for, that they have someone with compassion and empathy helping them find their way.

I am having a hard time making out the details of the birds, but I wonder if they could be rosy grossbeaks.

Are they the size of robins or finches? I agree with Betty, what a strong Momma you have, and your memories are certainly vivid. I am happy for your walks along the boardwalk, the time at the shore, I am grateful that we have times in which to visit that are soul strengthening.

Betty, it is a hard time for so many right now, and NYC has certainly had its share of worries, and so I am sending extra peaceful thoughts to surround you tomorrow and each day. I hope that the day unfolds with great hope, that somehow, through all the clutter and clatter in a day, that there is purely time to feel your Stephen, and yes, those hands. He holds yours close to his heart.

Sherry, I do hope that your baby-sitting stint is wondrous, though I know it will be tiring. The good kind of tired. Blessings to you.

Kathy, I know that you have worry in your words, but I know too, that the two men in your household will support you through the day and give you time if need be to have some alone moments too. I am hugging you.

A good  Mom Day Ladies...and Gents.

Life is tricky, sometimes the trickiest part is seeing the good that is right before our eyes.Lord help us live in these times, the good that is with us right now times. I wish us all a kiss in the wind from our Angels.

good dreams

dee

• Members

Dan - Thankyou so much for the words & the rose. 

Claudia and Marcia....enjoy your time together.  Light those candles for all to know the love never ends.

Mothers Day here draws to a close. 

Youngest son is bed bound with the flu.  Melissa and her family are away trail bike riding. (Next weekend she Emily and I will be going on a 'girls' overnighter for mothers day).  The other half has hurt his back and is currently comatoses on muscle relaxants and painkillers.....

Luckily Muttley is always up for a walk in the sunshine.

How ever you and yours spend 'Mothers Day'  I hope you have a peaceful, memory filled day.  Trudi

• Members
mysonrich

“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.”

Washington Irving

Remembering today and always our children

Betsy,mysonRich

Betty, I wish people would remember to grab their coolers before they jump into a cab!

Greg, now, that is a good story!

• Guests

Good morning Indigo's! 

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!

Love the poems and pictures.  So nice to see Claudia and Marcia smiling together with such a beautiful background to enjoy!

Wishing you all a beautiful kind of background day!

Susannah

• Members
ericasmom

Happy Mom Day All,

it is bright and sunshiny here, chilly but no wind and beautiful. It snowed in parts of Wisconsin last evening, and the wind was huge here, down in the 30's in the night, rainy. So this is quite nice and I am off on a quiet little bike ride. Husband gave me bike shorts for my birthday, to pad my ride which I had wanted as a way to ride longer with less back issues.

I've talked with my Sisters wishing them good days. We are a tight three adn I am so grateful.

Peaceful transactions today One and All

dee

• Members

WELL IM AWAKE...FOR WHAT ITS WORTH...GETTING READY TO GO TO OKC TO EAT WITH KIMMY AND CODY AND THEN TO GO BY HOSP TO SEE THE KIDS AND BRINLEY

MISSIN MY GIRL LIKE YOU ALL ARE MISSIN YOUR ANGELS....TOTALLY SUCK NOT HAVING THEM HERE...AND ITS RAINING ON TOP OF THAT...

KODY GOT 3RD HIS MOTOR DID REAL WELL (THE NEW ONE)...HE WILL PROB WIN VERY SOON....

I TOOK A PIC OF HIM SWIMMING YEST IT WAS PROB 60 OR SO IN THE WATER...HOPE ITS POSTS. THIS WAS RIGHT AFTER HE JUMPED IN...LOOK AT HIS FACE

MARCIA AND CLAUDIA IM GLAD YOU TOO ARE GETTING TO SPEND TODAY TOGETHER PIC OF YOU ARE VERY NICE...LOOKS LIKE CLAUDIA HAS A "BOTTLE" BEHIND HER....LOL JK....

post-22932-128153898819_thumb.jpg

• Members
heartbeataway

Hey guys,

It's Mother's Day .......

I've probably shared this story before but I'm gonna do it again. It warms my heart to remember this so hopefully it will add a little something to your day to think of the sweet innocence of a child's thoughts.

When Jason was in three grade, he went to a private christian school. I went in for a parent teacher conference and the teacher shared this story with me.

The class was having bible study one day and one of the verses was Philippians 4:8

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
The teacher asked what they thought the writer, Paul,  was referring too when he wrote these words.

She said Jason's hand shot up immediately, he was almost out of his seat wanting to be chosen to answer.

So, she called on him and he said, "My mom".

I left that parent teacher conference in tears.

May this day bring each of you a sweet, sweet memory .........

Love for the journey,

Bonnie, Jay's Mom