Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

Wise women's words in the wee hours of  morning/mourning.

with love,

dee

• Replies 68.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
shellbellsmom

Good morning friends, it’s such a relief to have a place to say what and how you feel.  On my Facebook page I tend to leave out the emotions stuff most of the time, again to protect the non grievers from some of my sad thoughts…but when I feel the urge I sock it to them with my “drawing awareness messages”  for them to ponder with.  Before my daughter’s death I knew no one who had experienced the death of a child. Now after attending many support groups many of my good friends now are grieving parents.  I think that’s what brought me back to this BI group.

No good angel dreams last night but I did get a good night’s sleep without the help of a sleeping pill.  That is always a relief…many nights my mind is too messed to shut down.  One dream I remember pretty well was Michelle and I were hanging out together at an event, I was thinking I knew she would be dying soon and I wanted to say everything to her that I wanted her to hear…I was talking very fast telling her how much I loved her, and telling her how much she meant to me over and over.  Then I was in a parking lot looking for her and couldn’t find her anymore…I was frantic and kept yelling-”she left me, without saying goodbye”.  What I have learned over the years analyzing dreams is that the words you say in a dream typically are how you are feeling in your waking life- and what you need to deal with.  Yes, the hardest part for me was never getting to say “goodbye” to her. 

Lorri- when I try and remember something…it usually comes to me when I am totally relaxed and not thinking about anything.  You will remember…it will come to you when you least expect it. 

Bonnie thanks for all information on the flag banners. I will plan on doing it next year as it sounds like a beautiful tribute for our children for Pinnacle Days. 

Dan thanks for the heads up on the new Mitch Albom book- after my daughter’s death we found in her closet 3 of his books (Tuesdays with Morrie, 5 People You Meet in Heaven, and For 1 More Day).  Weren’t sure if these were assigned for school book readings, or she just enjoyed his books. The only others books found there were some daily spiritual sayings and wisdom quotes books.  I often wondered why she had Mitch’s books- I often wondered if she had a premonition of her death. 

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.  :) Sue

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”   Dr. Suess

• Members

You dont look exhausted, you look BEAUTIFUL!

• Members

You do look beautiful 

I am so glad the party was a success.

• Members

Amanda, you are glowing, AND... you look  the same size as the last pic you posted more than a month ago...............:)   ..... hope the shower/party was alot of fun!!!

Hugs, Marcia    Bethanys Mom Forever

• Members

You see exhausted? I see gorgeous. Hi Baby.

dee

Sue, isn't that amazing, that your Girl was reading Mitch A. books? As though a way to ready oneself and her family.

Life is tricky, be kind to yourselves.

dee

• Members

AMANDA YOU DO LOOK BEAUTIFUL...U ARE BEAUTIFUL PREG OR NOT...CANT WAIT TO SEE THE LIL ONE...

I SLEPT TIL 11:30 TODAY I GUESS THIS WEEKEND CAUGHT UP WITH ME..

I HAVE A FACEBOOK PAGE IF ANYONE WOULD  LIKE TO ADD ME, LORRI BOATRIGHT....

IM ON IT 24/7..

HOPE YAL HAVE A BLESSED DAY...IM GOING TO TRY MYSELF

• Members
heartbeataway

Hi Sue,

The banners will not only be for Pinnacle Days.  They are going to travel to any event that would like to display them.  No need to wait until next year!  Michelle can be added anytime.

They are amazing!

I am also on Facebook.  luckyladyb@verizon.net 

Amanda,

I agree with Lorri.  You look radiant. 

Busy week ....... gotta go!

Love!

Bonnie, Jason's Mom

• Members
heartbeataway

Bethany's flag banner was just delivered.  Every one I open breaks my heart.  They are each so unique and so special.

Marcia,

Thanks for participating and sharing Bethany's words.

Love!

Bonnie, Jason's Mom

• Members

ARE WE TAKING PIC OF INDIVEIDUAL FLAGS AS THEY COME? MAKE SURE U GET A PIC OF THEM BEFORE YOU SEND THEM...IM GONNA...THEN A PIC WITH THEM ALL CONNECTED...SOOOO KEWL

• Members

Thanks to everyone that commented on my picture. I know that you will all be with me in spirit and give me strength to make it through these last few months. I am almost 33 weeks and since I lost Brayden at 35 it's getting a little harder but as long as they stay on it and show me my baby is ok I should be fine. Thank you all for being so supportive and encouraging through this whole pregnancy. Ashton will be an addition to my family as well as my BI family!

Bonnie, I really wish I was able to make a flag for Brayden. I am doing good just keeping up with my school work. Maybe I will get to do it in time for next year.

Sorry :(

Amanda

• Members

Carol The picture of the treasures that your daughter wanted included in Mike's flag really touched my heart.  I am sorry for all the loss that each of us have suffered.  Yes you are right,  the loss of siblings, my parents even my husband- 26 years ago  although painful and traumatic were as  nothing compared to the loss of my son. I am so glad I found all of you here at BI.  I do not think I could have survived without this group.

Lori  I too cannot wait to see all the flags.  When Bonnie announces she has received another I feel so happy inside. 

Bonnie  I wish I could be at the event this weekend or at least be there this week helping you prepare.  I am with you in spirit.

Dee  I hope your little class has truly appreciated what a great teacher they have.  Stephen had a 3rd Grade teacher that was special to him.  She adored him and would always send home such beautiful notes about him to me.  She would also send home all the class pets to me for the school holidays.  This was special because no other teacher appreciated his individual spirit.01

Everyone else Thinking of you and praying that you have a Blessed Evening

Betty

Stephen'sMom

• Members

To all my BI friends,

I have had one hell of a couple of weeks at work.  I am training on a new computer system and seem to be having a hard time dealing with those that have little computer skill.

I asked to be removed as the trainer.  They agreed.

My position in the company is very visual and not doing a good job at something seems to travel farther and stay longer then all the good things I may have done.

I need a vacation so bad and I cannot wait to travel to Virginia to see Bonnie and Jason's friends.  I need a break where I can not think of anything but having fun.

I seem to miss my Brian so much lately.  16 is so young to leave this earth.  This hole in my heart will always be there.

Thank you for listening to me.

I am really sad today

Colleen

• Members

Amanda

You are glowing.!!!

Thanks for sharing your pictures,

We love them

Colleen

• Members

MY POOR HUSBAND...JUST CALLED ME CRYIN SAYS HE "WAS SUCH AN ASS"!. I SAID "Y WHATS UP"...HE SAYS "I CANT GET MY PRINTER TO WORK AND I CANT GET THIS FLAG READY INTIME AND I SHOULD HAVE ALREADY HAD IT DONE."...I TOLD IT IT WAS OK AND NOT TO STRESS OVER IT AND NOT EVEN TO WORRY ABOUT IT, WE WOULD GET IT DONE FOR THE NEXT DEAL...HE SAID "IM SO SORRY I SHOULD HAVE HAD IT DONE ALREADY, I FEEL BADLY".....

POOR GUY HE IS SO BIZZY HE SHOULDNT FEEL BAD ABOUT ANYTHING...

SO MY FLAG WONT BE THERE BUT HE SAID IT WAS GONNA BE AWESOME....ITLL BE THERE NEXT TIME...

I WANTED TO POST SOME SIGNS KOURTNEY HAS GIVEN ME...IN THE CORNER IS THE RING THAT SAYS "EVERLASTING LOVE"...AND THE SALT AND PEPPER SHACKERS ARE A GIFT SHE GAVE DAD HER LAST CHRISTMAS AND WE JUST FOUND THEM, THE WEEK OF HER ANGELVERSARY...AND YOU NO ABOUT THE CHECKERED FLAG...(ONLY ONE IN CEMETARY EXCEPT HERS, AND NONE OF HERS WERE MISSIN....ALL THESE AROUND THE TIME OF HER ANGELVERSAY..EXCEPT THE RING KODY FOUND IT IN THE OCEAN ON THE CRUISE..OTHER THEN THE PIC OF THE "KOURTNIE ROSE" BOAT...

post-22932-128153895417_thumb.jpg

• Members
heartbeataway

Betty,

If you were here, I would definitely be able to put you to work!  And we would have fun doing it.  I need to get my mind off of baking and into something else.  Like cleaning my dirty house! 

Some things I used to be so picky about I could care less about now ........

You're such a sweet person to offer!

Lorri,

I will take pictures.  Individuals and group. Too cool!

Well, I need to go back to the kitchen ....... it's dinner time!

Love!

Bonnie, Jason's Mom

• Members

Lorri

My son's favorite color is orange.

I was wondering how many others like that color - not my favorite, but Kourtney and Aaron Like Orange!!!

Thats Cool

Colleen

• Members

OH KOURTNEY LOVED OSU ORANGE...HER ROOM WAS ORANGE FOR A WHILE...

BONNIE MARCIA HAD AN IDEA CAN I MAIL U THE SHIRT BELOW AND U USE IT THEN MAIL IT BACK TO ME WOULD THAT WORK????

• Members
heartbeataway

Lorri,

Tell your sweet husband not to worry.  I'll try to do something.  I don't know where to even look for a checkered flag but I think it would be perfect .....

Bonnie, Jason's Mom

• Members

I got to talk to one of my very good friends from Virginia and I am feeling better.

My son is making a WWI panarama.  We went to Walmart to find little army dudes.

I remember when Brian made this panarama.  Brian's army dudes were alot smaller than these.  In everything I remember my son, Brian.

Weather was beautiful today. Loved the sunshine

Colleen

• Members
homeschoolmom

YIPPEE!!! YEA!!!!!!!! I GOT IT DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):P:dude:Can you tell that I am emotionally exhausted, but so happy??? I sat up last night trying to sew the edges of his tshirt and the machine would not give me the time of day. Probably mad at me for ignoring it much of the past years. I hand sewed the sides, and when I thought I was done, remembered the loop, so I went by a friend's house and had her sew on a black strip which was perfect. It was Rohan's favorite color...even more than green...he wanted his bedroom painted black.:? 

Bonnie if you will PM me your address, I'll get it mailed tomorrow. Just saw that pic of Jay...I, too, was born in 1975.

Did anyone else kinda want to hold unto their flags? After I completed it, I just sat and held it and smiled.

Peace to all, and sweet dreams...

Shelly, Rohan's grateful mama

• Members

Betsey----Such a nice pic of your sister with your daughter. Christal

is beautiful lady indeed. So sorry for your loss.

Amanda---Yes, I agree with the others....you certainly are glowing,

and look so very happy. 

Dee---Your dream of Eri on your lap at age 10 is so sweet, and I know

it must have lifted you up afterwards. I have not dreamed of Davey for

so long.......makes me sad. But, we cannot just "will" ourselves a dream

of our beloved children, I guess, or we would most likely "will" it every

night. I had a dream once of Davey, who was at the age of about 2 yrs.

He was in a car seat, and as I bent to lift him out of the seat, he gave me

a kiss. That happened a few yrs. ago on Mother's Day night. I love to recall

that dream. Yes,.....the dreams can be so very REAL. I like to think of them

as our getting a little glimpse of what heaven is like when we meet them again.

Peace to you, friend.

Greg----Lovely little girl....your granddaughter  in her cute white dress.

Daveysmom,   Sherry  

• Members
homeschoolmom

Hope this comes out right. This was Rohan with his new dino, Spike, last Christmas morning. The shirt he was wearing here is the one I used to make his flag. The next day he was gone.

post-27856-12815389542_thumb.jpg

• Members

Shelley------What a dear little boy Rohan is, and so very cute with

his new toy. Peace be with you, friend.

Sherry

• Members

Shelly, how sweet and angelic he is in this picture, I had forgotten that he was taken from you on my birthday..... after reading that this was the shirt you used for his flag I have 'chills' --the picture touched the bottom of my heart. I am so sorry, I wish I could bring all of our children back... Hugs, Marcia   Bethany's Mom Forever

• Members

WHAT A PRECIOUS PIC TO HAVE...IM SO SORRY THIS IS PROB HIS LAST ONE...SUCH A GREAT LOOKIN LIL GUY....

THIS IS THE LAST KNOWN PIC OF KOURTNEY (WITH US) I HAVE SOME IN NURSING HOME I CANT BARE TO LOOK AT...

THIS IS HALIE AND KOURTNEY ON WEDS AT THEIR "WEEKLY LUNCH" TOGETHER..KOURTNEY IN DARKER SHIRT....SHE JUST DOESNT LOOK LIKE SHE FEELS WELL IN HER EYES....

post-22932-128153895427_thumb.jpg

• Members
homeschoolmom

This was one taken when we went fishing at the Sunshine Skyway... Rohan and Brianna so loved being together...guess from this pic you'll see why he was called "Huggy-Boy"

Shelly

post-27856-128153895424_thumb.jpg

• Members
homeschoolmom

Now that I've figured out posting pics somewhat easier...I just need to learn how to make 'em smaller.

He was just the sweetest, gentlest kid...felt sorry for all bugs, snakes, frogs etc. Yuck! We had named our first puppy, Spike, after his last dino...and then he died too. Not sure if that was a sign, but the new puppy, Max, is doing well and trying his best to drive my mom nuts now that we are no longer in Jamaica.

Lorrie, if only...just a crazy thought...if only I got a dime each time I say "if only" then maybe I'd have enough money to build a stairway to heaven, and bring our babes back... Don't suppose that's how it works however.

Marcia, dear sweet Marcia...

Shelly, Rohan's Mama

• Members

Colleen I am so glad that you are getting away for a bit,and to the lovely Bonnie's area. Have a beautiful time, take us with you in spirit, and you know Brian will ride shotgun. You said;

In everything I remember my son, Brian.

what pretty words and heart wrenching at the same time. That sadness you feel right now is another exercise in loss of some sort, another time to wander those lonely roads inside your heart, looking at the hole and knowing that nobody can fill it. One day however, there will be less of a hole and more of a bridge. The bridge to Brian where it won't hurt as much.

Betty, your words tonight made me drop a tear and smile all at once, similar to Coll's words. You said, I don't know what I would have done without this place and these people...And likewise Sister. This place and with you people.

Sherry, yes, those dreams, and it has been a while for me to have a big one, but about a few months that I saw Eri in a dream. I love when I can hear her, touch her or her me. Wow! One time I dreamed I got on my bicycle and in the basket were a couple pounds of red grapes, I knew i had to get them home or something would happen to them, then I looked and in each one was a tiny little ERica. Oh she is in the grapes, no wonder I have to get them home. Odd but lovely. My little tender seeds of Erica.

I am almost finished with my flag, today my dearest sewed the glued pieces down to further assure it lasting a bit. I love it, it simply evolved out of a table full of materials and a very full heart.

Bonnie, you have provided us all with a feeling that has opened up many windows into our souls, letting in the light. God Bless YOu in all of your wisdom. Look at what you caused in us. I raise or will raise my glass to you Sweet Friend. I am going to pay whatever it takes to overnight my flag to you Bon, probably not till Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morn.

Love and hugs

dee

• Members

Shelly, your Children are gorgeous, simply beautiful. I am sorry that Rohan is not here, and I will pray that his Sis is one day able to speak about him. Are you near Sarasota Florida? My niece and husband and daughter Alex live there. erica and I drove over the sunshine bridge, that is why I am wondering.

Betsy, I love the photo of your Sis and your daughter, they are pretty girls.

Carol, how is your eye?

dee

• Members
homeschoolmom

Dee,

I am about an hour and a half away...if Tony is driving:P. He hates that bridge, I love it...esp when we are right at the peak and about to just sweep down.

Shelly

• Members

Shelly

Great picture of your beautiful little angel.  I am so very glad that you completed your flag.  I can read how very proud you are that you were able to finish on time.

Dee

Glad your flag was finished.

Lori so sorry about the delay on Kourtney's 

Carol and Trudi Sherry, Bonnie I hope you all have a good evening

• Members

Betty, love this pic of your sweet son...... is it his birthday? looks like a happy birthday banner hanging in the background.... he seems to be saying "hey.........yes it is me"  .. looks so happy and like 'Mr Cool" .... :)

Hugs, Marcia   Bethanys Mom Forever

• Members

Funny Shell, I was nervous about the bridge, ERi loved it. It is a beautiful view from the bridge. Glad that you were able to get the flag done.

Lori, hanging her shirt is a great idea, or a checkered flag.

I am almost done, John , the husband, is going to stitch down my glued creations. One of us can sew. I flunked it in 8th grade, and continue to flunk it in life after school.

Well I will be giving 23 parent teacher conferences this week, hopefully, I will still have a voice on Saturday when I facilitate a writing workshop. Oh mercy, I hope i do well.

May you all sleep like queens and kings.

dee

• Members

Funny Shell, I was nervous about the bridge, ERi loved it. It is a beautiful view from the bridge. Glad that you were able to get the flag done.

Lori, hanging her shirt is a great idea, or a checkered flag.

I am almost done, John , the husband, is going to stitch down my glued creations. One of us can sew. I flunked it in 8th grade, and continue to flunk it in life after school.

Well I will be giving 23 parent teacher conferences this week, hopefully, I will still have a voice on Saturday when I facilitate a writing workshop. Oh mercy, I hope i do well.

May you all sleep like queens and kings.

dee

• Members

New song by Toby Keith

Got the news on friday mornin'

But a tear I couldn't find

You showed me how I'm supposed to live

and now you showed me how to die

I was lost till sunday morning

I work up to face my fear

While writing you this goodbye song

I found a tear

Chorus

I'm gonna miss that smile

I'm gonna miss you my friend

Even though it hurts the way it ended up

I'd do it all again

So play it sweet in heaven

'Cause Thats right where you want to be

I'm not cryin cause I feel so sorry for you

I'm cryin for me

I got up and dialed your number

And your voice came on the line

With that old familiar message

I'd heard a thousand times it just said

Sorry that I missed you

Leave a message and god bless

I know you think I'm crazy

But I had to hear your voice again

I'd do it all again

I'm cryin for me

So play your upside down left handed

Backwards bass guitar

And I'll see you on the other side

Superstar

I'd do it all again

I'm cryin for me

I'm still cryin'

I'm cryin for me

I'm still cryin'

• Members
heartbeataway

Whew!  You guys were busy tonight!

Lots to catch up on!  I read some really touching words tonight from you guys, saw some sweet pictures, sifted through some painful memories with you and right now I'm sending each and every one of you strength.

There really is strength in numbers isn't there?  We are proof of that!

Sleep well .......

Love!

Bonnie, Jason's Mom

• Members

Hi Marcia 

Thanks for asking about the picture I have of Stephen in my Avatar.  

You are very observant, The banner does say Happy Birthday as the picture was taken on his 29th Birthday. 

He certainly did love life!!! His smile made my life oh so  bright.

Bethany of coarse looks beautiful in all the pictures you have posted but I too like the current Avatar the best.

Greg  That is  really a sad song but I do love sad songs these days.

Good Night all

• Members

Shelly:  tears fell as I looked at the picture of Rohan in his dinosaur shirt...I know he is so proud of you for how much you were able to accomplish today with his flag...I love the pic of him and his sis...their love for each other shines right through the screen..I pray she will be able to take advantage of some help in helping her to learn to live with this loss...Shelly, you were born in the same year as Mike...he was born in August of 1975, as was Trudi's Mike...you seem so young to have gone through so much...I hope this move back to Florida helps you to find comfort and healing on your journey...

Dee:  I had finished my flag, but then when Cathi sent me the pic of the things she has gathered on her dresser, I thought of so many more things that I should have included...things that were so very much a part of Mike's life that I just can't believe I didn't think of them....music, how could I forget...he loved music...all kinds...I also was finally able to find the wedding bands I wanted to attach to the pic of him and Sarah...and I had totally forgotten about his dear friend, Eric, the one who came back into his life physically (they had kept in touch by phone since high school) just as Mike was diagnosed with the brain cancer, and helped him through so much, and most especially, finding his way back to his faith.  This of course, helped him to be able to face what was headed his way.  So, holding onto the flag to get Cathi's picture to put on it really did open up some thoughts in what's left of my brain...so hubby and I have been working today to try to squeeze in these things that have jumped out at us as needing to be on the flag.   I am so glad that you got your flag done, and that John (our garden gnome) was able to help...I wish you well with your parent/teacher conferences...hoping that your voice will hold up, as well as your heart.   I too will have to overnight my flag; they may arrive at the same time, likely, if you send yours on Tuesday, kind of like the way Bonnie and I met at the airport in Chicago...

And yes, Bonnie, you have indeed opened our hearts to our children's lives so much...this project just put so much back on the front burner that had gotten kind of shoved aside in the grieving...I have tried so hard to make Mike's life more than that one last day, and for the most part have succeeded, but working on this project has shown me that I need to do much more in that effort.  We had planned on making a shadow box of some of his things, as well as pictures of some others (his trophies, letter jacket, etc.) to put into it, but had put it off because I just couldn't get started on it...it was too difficult, but this project has opened the cabinets, the drawers and my heart to move ahead with it and have it here for comfort, instead of in pieces here and there about the house, stored away.  Thank you so much for this wonderful idea...as Shelly said, it's almost hard to let it go, but I think of it as the catalyst for the one I've been planning all along, kind of a trial to show me how to get started and where to go with it. 

Betty, yes, I think also that the pic of Stephen in the avatar shows his spirit of happiness...even though it was his birthday, I think his joyful nature shines...

Lorri:  I love the pics you post of your Kourt...she is so beautiful, and always smiling and joy filled...I am glad that you both had a good relationship...it provides for many good memories mixed in with the bittersweet.

Trud:  I hope all is well with you---I know you had some busy things this month, but I hope you are handling everything okay...sending love and strength sweet friend.

Col:  Closer and closer to Thursday...fly high, my friend, and know that Brian is with you all the way...the reminders will always be there, they are part of us, part of our children, part of our heart, and help us to breathe, though sometimes we may feel we are being smothered...we find that after the next deep breath, the memories and reminders can be helpful on this journey...

To all...Mary ann, Betsy, Sherry, Greg (thanks for the song...sometimes we need a sad song to help us release all these tears building up), Suzanne, Marcia, Terrie, Lynn, Amanda, Kathy, Dan, Doriana, and hopefully I haven't forgotten anyone, but if I did, it is only a momentary lapse...you are all in my heart every day...at some point or another...as others have said...this is my lifeline...

love and peace,  carol  mikesmomrs

a pic of Mike I came across...he is with Phil Lesh (I think that's his name) of PHISH, at a concert...the Great Went...he was always so lucky at concerts...here he was just walking along and bumped into Phil and got someone to take their picture...they wound up spending a half hour or so, just "chatting."  I think this was around 1997...we gave the hat (yes, he still had it, as well as the shirt) to his middle son, Kam, who was born earlier that summer...we will give him the shirt at another time...these memories bring tears, and then I allow them in a little more and find healing...most times...

mikeandphilleshatthegreatwent.jpg

ps:  My eye is almost completely better...they will NOT have to drain it, thank heavens for THAT!

• Members

[user=22932]lolynbo[/user] wrote:

MY POOR HUSBAND...JUST CALLED ME CRYIN SAYS HE "WAS SUCH AN ASS"!. I SAID "Y WHATS UP"...HE SAYS "I CANT GET MY PRINTER TO WORK AND I CANT GET THIS FLAG READY INTIME AND I SHOULD HAVE ALREADY HAD IT DONE."...I TOLD IT IT WAS OK AND NOT TO STRESS OVER IT AND NOT EVEN TO WORRY ABOUT IT, WE WOULD GET IT DONE FOR THE NEXT DEAL...HE SAID "IM SO SORRY I SHOULD HAVE HAD IT DONE ALREADY, I FEEL BADLY".....

POOR GUY HE IS SO BIZZY HE SHOULDNT FEEL BAD ABOUT ANYTHING...

SO MY FLAG WONT BE THERE BUT HE SAID IT WAS GONNA BE AWESOME....ITLL BE THERE NEXT TIME...

I WANTED TO POST SOME SIGNS KOURTNEY HAS GIVEN ME...IN THE CORNER IS THE RING THAT SAYS "EVERLASTING LOVE"...AND THE SALT AND PEPPER SHACKERS ARE A GIFT SHE GAVE DAD HER LAST CHRISTMAS AND WE JUST FOUND THEM, THE WEEK OF HER ANGELVERSARY...AND YOU NO ABOUT THE CHECKERED FLAG...(ONLY ONE IN CEMETARY EXCEPT HERS, AND NONE OF HERS WERE MISSIN....ALL THESE AROUND THE TIME OF HER ANGELVERSAY..EXCEPT THE RING KODY FOUND IT IN THE OCEAN ON THE CRUISE..OTHER THEN THE PIC OF THE "KOURTNIE ROSE" BOAT...

e-mail me the file and i'll get it printed. we sell printers like yours.

• Members

THANKS BRIANS DADDY...U ARE ONE IN A MILLION..BUT MONTY SAID HE THINKS HE CAN GET IT DONE TODAY AND WE WILL OVER NIGHT IT..IF NOT I SURE WILL EMAIL U...

• Members

Bonn, I thought I had your new address in my book but I do not, could you private message me ASAP to give me your address so that if there is a chance in hell that John can get the thing all ready he can send it today?

Thanks a ton-----

dee

• Members
shellbellsmom

Good Morning Everyone. 

Greg, thank you for posting the link to Toby’s song “Cryin’ for me”.  Is this new and do you know what album it is from.  Love the lyrics….especially “I'm not cryin cause I feel so sorry for you I'm cryin for me”.  I agree…my tears are because I miss her so, and will never be able to share another moment on earth with her.  She is now cancer free, free from pain and suffering and in God’s gentle hands.  All my sadness is for me.

Had a rather crappy dream last night.  In short I had a baby (wasn’t Michelle) and I was so upset because they were taking her from me….I kept saying, “I want her back”.  I guess it’s either my subconscious telling me I will never have any grandchildren from her, or just me wanting her back so badly.  I hate dreams like this. 

Colleen- love your daughters nickname; Shell Belle….that is what we called our Michelle. We always sang the Beatles song “Michelle” to her.  Our little Belle.  When I see Shelly’s post- that reminds me of her too, as some of her friends called her Shelly.

Bonnie, looking forward in seeing the finished banners/flags so I can start one for later use.  I am not crafty but am all about honoring and remembering my girl. 

Today is my husband’s birthday which makes me sad.  Sad, because our children never lived very long…and sad because she loved to celebrate his special day.  She was all about parties.  Him not so much.  My wish for him is that he gets a sign from her. Usually it’s me wishing for a sign for me; but today I’m wishing one for him.  He is probably sad too. Birthdays, Holidays and vacations are not the same anymore.  Something’s missing and it’s our daughter.  She is the missing link to our happiness.

Just this week I learned of not one but two accidents which took the life of 3 young adults.  (age 22 & 23, ?) One happened to my bf cousin’s child in our town, and the other one in Ohio somewhere of a friends good friends daughter and her boyfriend (same age as mine 22).  It just breaks my heart every time I hear these stories…these kids were someone’s children.  And now they belong to our club…the club no one ever wants to join.  So sad for them.  So sad for all of us.  Just so sad today.  :(

Wishing everyone a peaceful day….Sue (Michelle’s mom)

If anyone’s wants to be my friend on FB here’s my email address to locate me: sue@suelunn.com

• Members

Bonnie, nevermind, got it thanks to the goodness of Marcia and I looked back a zillion pages and located it in my private messages.

Have a grand day.

dee

Sue, sorry about the crappy dream, nothing fun about those, and so I will add prayers to the day that your husband receive goodness and light from Shell today.

peace,

dee

• Members

"Birthdays, Holidays and vacations are not the same anymore.  Something’s missing and it’s our daughter.  She is the missing link to our happiness"

Sue, I could not have said that better, nothing seems 'right' there is nothing to get excited about unless it is something specific that I am doing to honor my Bethany, then the happiness is so fleeting.... Today is 13 months, I dont usually count the days, but last night i realized what date of the month it was.... time just keeps going on....and on ..and on............ our daughter , our only child, my world, died from sudden heart death at the age of 17.5, I miss her so very much, I function, and life goes on, I get up, get dressed ( most days) and get whatever done that needs to be done, but there is just no 'joy' in my life anymore.

Hugs and nice to meet you ( though I wish it were under different circumstances)

Marcia   Bethanys Mom Forever

• Members

Betty---Thanks for the kind words, friend.

Shelley----Your pic of Brianna and Rohan is so very precious. They are

both such beautiful children. I'm so sorry for your loss---wish I could

say something that would ease your pain......just know that you are

in my thoughts & prayers. Peace to you.

Dee---Oh I LOVE the "grapes dream".....Isn't that just a magical dream?

As I said.....I have not had a dream of Davey for sooooo long, but hold

out hope that I will dream of him again. To us.....these dreams are worth

their weight in gold, because they give us the closeness to our children that

we so long to have. ERi in each little grape....so very sweet.

Lorrie----Sorry about the problem with the banner. Hope you can get it worked

out. Doesn't it always happen....snags.....when it's something important?? ? :X.

PEACE & TRANQUILITY TO ALL HERE IN THE BI FAMILY.

Daveysmom,  Sherry  

• Members

Marcia,

I told my sis last night that no matter what good thing happens in your life it will never be great because you will always wish your child was there to share it.

Greg

PS

carol, mikes stickers are in the works.

• Members

MARCIA  and GREG

i thought i was the only one who felt that way.  the pain is so hard to take.

moving on will never be the same.

i just miss my Brian so much.  i hate the thought of the holidays coming up, Brian loved them all.

i wish none of us had to be here, but i am glad to be able to write how i feel and know that you beautiful people are here for all of us.

thank you

mary ann

Brian's momdukes