evanwalker22

Loss of a Father

shadowhawk

Hey Alex, I know how you feel.My dad died December 22 from cancer.It was a global disscussion for doctors.I like to keep to myself, so it's not easy to deal with. If anyone wants to talk to me in private my e-mail adress is below.

col5wal@aol.com

lizzy4

Hi, I'm 17 and I lost my dad ten years ago this summer, and today is his birthday. I feel soooo horrid that he's not here to share it with us. It still hurts that he's not here, even ten years after he's gone. I know people say that you should move on; don't forget the past, but don't live in it...that's easy said than done. I feel like I would have been much closer to him than I am to my mum, that probably sounds like a horrible thing to say, but I think it's true. I miss him so much it's hard to cope sometimes. I know people also say you should talk to someone, but I can't. I don't want other people to be upset, so I keep things to myself...so I'm kinda hoping this will help, talking to people who know how I feel.

sdimarzo

Lizzy4,

It doesn't matter what age you are or might be, Lizzy, because the pain of loss is felt by those at any age who have lost their Dad. I am probably much older than even your Dad was when he passed over to the "Other Side", and I do know some of what you may be feeling right now having lost my cherished Dad back in September of 2001, too.

All because one seems to be advanced in age doesn't mean that we have lost any of our precious emotions in how we deal or cope with a loss of a special loved one. Sometimes, we look at older people and think they really must have their act together, especially those who might be successful, or popular or financially well off, but down deep within each of us is that pool of emotions, which we all have and express, whether outwardly or when we are alone away from the hustle and bustle of life and living concerning those who have meant so very much to us!!

Yes, we all grieve the loss of that wonderful loved one in our own unique and special way, Lizzy4, and sometimes, we do it with many tears. Remember, there is no time limit on one's grief for that special loved one, so don't let others get to you by saying that you should be moving on with your life because only you, my dear, will know when the time is right to move on. I know you have moved on with your life these past 10 years to the very best of your ability, but there is no doubt that when a special anniversary or a birthday of this precious loved one comes around, we can't help but be or feel a little sad or depressed. This is quite normal because if we are able at this point in time to talk about our loss without experiencing that paralyzing and immobilizing pain and hurt that we first experienced when we found out about our devastating loss, then we have healed so much even if we feel a little sad or down in the dumps. However, remember that these feelings are all normal in our quest for total healing, okay? It is all right to feel or even to express what is in your heart concerning this special birthday.

Never ever forget that you are loved and supported, as well as so wonderfully appreciated for your innermost thoughts, comforting words and your blessed love expressed to and for each of us here, for we believe that your life is worth fighting for and so very precious, too.

Always a friend,

Steve D.

lizzy4

Thank you soo much Steve for your advice. I do appreciate it, and it feels good to know that there are others that feel this way, which of course I know there are, but it gets lonley sometimes. But i just feel so trapped sometimes. I want to talk to my friends about it, who I love dearly, but they don't understand because they've never experienced what I have, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I just feel intensly lonely sometimes. I guess I just need to open up more to people...but that's easier said that done. Thank you Steve, again, for your help and words of advice. :D

Thanks

Lizzy

BIJulie

Hi all –

I’m sure you’ve noticed that the message boards seem a little different. We’ve streamlined the message boards. We’ve unified the forum and thread names and tried to make things less confusing. I hope that it has made things easier for you.

We are considering adding new threads to the topics and would love to hear what you would like to be added. You can write me at julie@beyondindigo.com to share your thoughts and suggestions. I would love to hear from you.

I am also still looking for message board monitors. If you are interested, please let me know!

Take care,

Julie

davesinlaw
Hello, you don't me but my name is Alex. I am 16 years old and lost my father to a heart attack. Please, if you know what it feeels like to lose someone so close and have nobody to turn to, please email me. Thanx

davesinlaw
Hello, you don't me but my name is Alex. I am 16 years old and lost my father to a heart attack. Please, if you know what it feeels like to lose someone so close and have nobody to turn to, please email me. Thanx

orangefrenzy14

Hi. My name is Valeen. I lost my dad October 18, 2004 when i was 16. I am now 17 and the loss is just now starting to sink in. Every day it hurts worse and worse. My dad and I were really close. He helped me with sports, guys, school ect. When I got the news, I had just gotten home from volleyball practice. My brother was told that my dad fell and hit his head, but then an officer came to the door and pulled me away from my brother. He told me the news. My dad died of the widowmaker heart attack.

I have never felt so lost and alone in my life. If anyone has any advice to help me cope with the loss of not only my dad but my best friend please e mail me at zsoftballfreak14z@msn.com

Thanks,

Valeen

orangefrenzy14

Alex,

Hi my name is Valeen. I am 17 and lost my dad when i was 16 just 5 months ago. I know exactly what you are going through. It seems you and your dad were really close like my dad and I. I don't know what kind of advice you want so you can email me at zsoftballfreak14z@msn.com

Valeen

jennb13

hi everyone i am tweleve turing 13 in april , but my mom found this site and i just joined to today. my father died when i was 10 in fifth grade from cancer. he died four months after he was diagnosed and no one understands not even my mom.my friends don't get it either. what did u do to relax and get rid of the stress for a few mins.

i can't wait to get to know u all

Jenn

jennb13

hi,

can anyone tell me how this site works i am new. somebody please help me

Jenn

slowlyhealing

Jenn... all you have to do is write how you are feeling. Its hard to get out every now and then but once you at least getting your feelings out there you can finally feel a little freedom, even if its an ounce.

In prayer for ya'll.

Nicole

BIJulie

Hi everyone --

Did you know if you click on the quote button on the bottom right corner of a member's post, you can add what they said into your post and comment on it?

Take Care,

Julie

lostandcofussed

hey peeps-

im kinda new to this site and dont know what to say or whatever.so could someone help me out here.

thanx,

tiffany

slowlyhealing

lostandconfussed,

Just write out your thoughts and emotions. Its sometimes makes you feel a lot better. I know that when I at least get my feelings out there instead of trapping them all in, I feel more relieved and able to go on with the day, even if the trials are still there.

May God bless you and comfort you for the loss you have endured or are currently enduring.

Nicole

biadmin

Light A Candle for Pope John Paul II

Pope John Paul II has touched the hearts of many as he has traveled the world with his message of peace, hope and harmony. He is a man loved by many and has been the beacon of light for the followers of the Catholic Faith. Even non-Catholics have appreciated the deepness of his devotion. We note his passing in sadness and invite people of all faiths to Light A Candle to carry on his message of peace, hope and harmony.

http://www.beyondindigo.com/beyondtalk/lightacandle.php

jennb13
Hey Alex, I know how you feel.My dad died December 22 from cancer.It was a global disscussion for doctors.I like to keep to myself, so it's not easy to deal with. If anyone wants to talk to me in private my e-mail adress is below.

col5wal@aol.com

Hi, that is weird because my dad died dec 21 of pancreatic cancer and now christmas is such a bore like it was his fave holiday and now it just is lonely

jennb13
thanks. I live in North Carolina, in a small small city.

which city i am moving to hickory

davidk

i just lost my father in feb 05 ,im hurting so bad ..i just feel lost so i know what your going thru my prayers are with you

brokentorture

Dear Board..

My name is Stephani im a shy 16 year old who after loosing my father feel helpless, Useless and don't understand anything anymore.

It happened march 2004 i was 15 it was only last yr and i havent shed an emotion infront of anyone yet and its now august 2005 i feel useless my dad was 58 when he was riding his bike along the footpath when a alcoholic in a white van drove crookidly off the road right into him knocked him of his bike and killed him instantly i found out he died when a policeman came to our door.

I feel like my world had jst disspeared my first word was its all my fault everything bad happens when i am around.

Always Stephani 16 nsw

brokentorture

Dear Board..

My name is Stephani im a shy 16 year old who after loosing my father feel helpless, Useless and don't understand anything anymore.

It happened march 2004 i was 15 it was only last yr and i havent shed an emotion infront of anyone yet and its now august 2005 i feel useless my dad was 58 when he was riding his bike along the footpath when a alcoholic in a white van drove crookidly off the road right into him knocked him of his bike and killed him instantly i found out he died when a policeman came to our door.

I feel like my world had jst disspeared my first word was its all my fault everything bad happens when i am around.

Always Stephani 16 nsw

tinasdad

brokentorture, Stephani, I'm sorry your Dad was taken away from you like this. Did they catch the one who was driving that van? I hope so. I hope you will feel comfortable here, and be able to write about your feelings and grief. Grief is a long process, and it's painful. Take each step, each moment as it happens. Don't do things that make you feel uncomfortable or sad. Give yourself a place, even a time, to give to your Dad, so you can devote it to him on regular basis.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Mark

oobrowneyezoo

I just joined here..and i guess i've been looking for a place to talk because i have noone and nowhere to turn to..i lost my dad when i was 12..i am 16 years old now..he was my best friend..he was my everything..it scares me sometimes because i cant trust anyone anymore..because everyone that i've became clsoe to..has left my life..and i dont think my heart can take another heartbreak anymore. I have noone to tell my feelings and emotions to..and they all just build up inside until the point it jsut all comes out..and i sit in my room and cry myself to sleep..it's been nearly 4 years..i wonder everyday when i will be able to go back to normal again..be able to laugh and smile..but how can i..when there's nothing to smile about?..everyday i force a smile on my face and trick the world that i'm okay. but inside it's killing me..knowing that everyone knows what happened to me..and not one person ever asking if i'm okay..i dunno..i had to get that out..

alwaysmyjennifer

Hey browneyez, I'm so sorry you lost your dad. It's very difficult to be hurting inside and not have someone to talk to. There are so many caring people here. The people here care enough to want to know how each other is doing. Take gentle care of yourself. This grief is your personal journey to healing, and every step is yours. You get to choose when to cry, or even be angry at death. The whole process of grieving is a long journey, so try to be patient with it and yourself. You'll get to the other end of it.

My 21 year old daughter died a few years ago. She was murdered by a rapist. I miss Jenni every day. By hanging out on this website, I've found a lot of people who care and are willing to help me get through the pain of losing her. The holidays are difficult. Our family is close, but Jenni is missing, and it feels uncomfortable for us to celebrate without her.

My best thoughts and prayers are with you. Please feel welcome to write anytime.