Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

God was there for me today

ScotJ65

• Members

I am sorry that you lost your partner and love of your life. As you will read the site you will find that losing someone so close to us like that is by far the hardest thing and the most painful. I pray a lot too. You will get a lot of moral support on here and make new friends that you can turn to on your hardest days. Everyone has helped me and has been so kind and supportive. Don't be afraid to ask questions or to talk about your grief here. We are all going through it, that is why we're here and we DO understand one another.  

• Like 3

• Members

Thanks tnd, I've been on this site for a long time now but took a wee break and this is my first time posting in a while. You're right, it's a wonderful place to chat and just share your feelings with other people in the same situation. Please accept my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your husband. God bless.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

God was here for me today. I was able to eat and feed my 2 cats. I don't know why I am feeling so punished but I am leaving it in God's hands. I will be alright. I pray for others. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
4 hours ago, tnd said:

God was here for me today. I was able to eat and feed my 2 cats. 

Tnd, 

There should be food available in your community.  A Meals on Wheels provider, a farmer's market that gives to those in need, a nonprofit that addresses food insecurity.  In Tallahassee there is a group called Second Harvest that provides food to those in need. 

Call and explain that you have no transportation and no food. I think they will find a way to help. 

They may not provide cat food, but cats will eat people food. :)

Hugs

Gail

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Members

Tnd, 

I don't know if you are near Houston, but Houston Food Bank provides food assistance in 18 counties in Texas. If they don't serve where you are, they can probably  refer you to an organization that does serve your area. 

Gail

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Members
On 8/12/2021 at 12:59 AM, KayC said:

Scot, I am so happy to hear this, I  do not know what I'd do without Him.

Thank you Kay, I feel the same way. 

• Like 2

• Members
On 8/12/2021 at 2:30 AM, Gail 8588 said:

I am so glad you could feel God's presence in your life today.  It is an amazing blessing.  May this experience give you strength for all of your life. 

Thank you for the kind words Gail. It means a lot to me.

• Like 2

• Members
On 8/12/2021 at 5:55 AM, foreverhis said:

It only matters that you found a moment of light, hope, and respite today.

Thanks foreverhis, I too hope that you can find the same in your life. God bless.

• Like 3

• Moderators
15 hours ago, tnd said:

I don't know why I am feeling so punished but I am leaving it in God's hands.

You aren't being punished although it sure feels that way!  Life/death happens and nothing fair about it.  You're a great person, sweet, intelligent, good, if we got what we deserved, we wouldn't be going through this.  I've learned so much through what I've experienced, but oh God it's been hard!

14 hours ago, foreverhis said:

I think God needs a little, um, nudge

I know He hears us.

• Like 2

• Members
6 minutes ago, KayC said:

I know He hears us.

Yes, I think so too. Today I asked John to help me with that.

Even though I have definitely not always been happy with the results, I still send those thoughts out there (or up there or wherever they go). 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1