Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mum dating again

Essie29

• Members

I lost my dad a year ago, and I doubt I can ever recover . My mum called me the other day telling me she’s dating again , and this is the same man she cheated on my dad with . I’m so livid and I don’t know what to do . She wants me to meet this man and I don’t think I can .it hurts like crazy to think this is happening and I don’t know what to do or how to feel . 

• Hugs 1

• Members

Dear Essie,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved dad. It is painful to see your mom dating the man she cheated with. I think it would be okay to say you are still grieving and don't feel comfortable meeting him right now.  I would hope your mum would understand and maybe ask again in the future if you are ready for this next step. She has to respect your feelings. Losing my father was the deepest pain I've ever felt. 5 years later it still feels surreal.

My thoughts are with you.