Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Worth watching...for all of us with stress, struggling

KayC

• Moderators

This was shared on my diabetic group but not about that so much as about stress/struggling/perfectionism

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Members

Thank you, KayC for sharing this. I watched Robert Cywes and felt inspired. He is spot on. My husband was diabetic and so he had to watch carbs...particularly our love of pasta. After he had to go on dialysis I began using Renal Recipes to cook for him. He started doing real well. And once he lost weight he didn't need as much insulin. So I like what Cywes says about carbs. I also liked that he spoke very plainly about stress and self-esteem issues. I relate to much of what he mentioned. Right now it is so hard to just be calm and still because so much has suddenly been thrown at me. But sooner or later I will get things under control. Or at least hope to. Ha..I totally agree with Cywes about watching TV. My husband and I had cut out a lot of that. We both learned to just enjoy the simple things in life. I've strayed from that thinking these last several months while my husband was in the hospital. And of course now with his passing I am anything but calm or relaxed. I long for him and I long for a calmer more simple life. I hope to be able to wake up soon one of these days and start living again. Thank you again for sharing the video.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

When I watched this, I thought, this isn't just for diabetics, so much of it is for those who grieve, are stressed, who struggle, he shared a good message.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

Just listened to him again, worth the 20 minutes!  About STRESS!

• Like 1