Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Wow..

Feeling Stupid

• Members
Feeling Stupid

I was just reading other situations, and I am so sorry for your losses. This is why I feel so selfish and stupid. I’m old, my Dad was old and this is life. I can’t imagine what a lot of you have been through. My Dad was able to live a great long life..So so sorry for all of you

• Members

I'm sorry for your loss. Please don't say that and we are all entitled to our feelings. Whether we had our parents for a short time or till they were in their 90s or a 100, we all still feel the loss. Losing our anchor in the in world is one of life's toughest moments. It's not selfish or stupid to grieve and mourn one of the most important relationships in our lives.  Please know we are here for you, too.

• Members
Beatrixszabo
On 7/14/2021 at 6:31 PM, Feeling Stupid said:

I was just reading other situations, and I am so sorry for your losses. This is why I feel so selfish and stupid. I’m old, my Dad was old and this is life. I can’t imagine what a lot of you have been through. My Dad was able to live a great long life..So so sorry for all of you

Thank you for your kind words. Personally Yes, maybe I felt better if  I didn't have to lose my mom in her age 61. That fact eats me up. I feel so sorry about her. I just wanted her to enjoy life. But cancer wanted something else. 

But. I remember the time, 7 and a half years ago, when I lost my grandma at age 83, and everybody said "oh, at least she lived long enough", I was so angry. I could have shouted with them saying "who cares? This is my beloved grandma, and I want her to live, I need her. I was angry, that 83 years is nothing, why not 100 or more? 

So what I want to say is age doesn't count too much, we have the same pain. Everything depends on the relationship between us and our loved ones. 

I'm sorry for your loss

• Members
Beatrixszabo
9 minutes ago, Beatrixszabo said:

Thank you for your kind words. Personally Yes, maybe I would feel better if  I didn't have to lose my mom in her age 61. That fact eats me up. I feel so sorry about her. I just wanted her to enjoy life. But cancer wanted something else. 

But. I remember the time, 7 and a half years ago, when I lost my grandma at age 83, and everybody said "oh, at least she lived long enough", I was so angry. I could have shouted with them saying "who cares? This is my beloved grandma, and I want her to live, I need her. I was angry, that 83 years is nothing, why not 100 or more? 

So what I want to say is age doesn't count too much, we have the same pain. Everything depends on the relationship between us and our loved ones. 

I'm sorry for your loss