Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my dad a year ago

Hippos87

• Members

I lost my dad when I was 18 it was my senior year and he was already sick before he had many issues but covid kind of made them worse and he couldn’t fight it. I’m not 19 almost 20 it’s been a year since my dad passed and I can still feel every emotion I get on the day that he passed I remember like it was yes to and I don’t know what to do I don’t wanna bother my family and my friends don’t really know my pain right now. My dad was my motivation in life my best friend and my biggest supporter but not he didn’t even get to see me graduate and he promised me he would I think about that all the time and I know things happen for a reason but in my mind I can’t justify this happening instead I blame everyone for letting it get this bad or letting him die when it was going to happen regardless. I just need someone to talk to.

• Members

Dear Hippos87,

I'm so sorry for all the pain and sorrow you are feeling. Be gentle with yourself. It is devastating to lose a beloved parent. I hear how you feel and it is normal to feel raw. I too felt like I couldn't turn to my family. But please know there are many supports offered in the community and through church and online. I hope these sites will help you.

Grief in Common

Grief Healing Blog

Grief Share

What's Your Grief

Please know we are here with you.